PDA

View Full Version : The Garden

Rye
06-06-2009, 07:01 PM
Does anyone else here like tending to gardens and flowers? :bigsmile:

I got Mommy a bird feeder, one that's bright red to attract hummingbirds. I also bought her thousands of flower seeds for her birthday off of this really neat website for flowers seeds, so now that our new fence is up, we're gonna plant lots of flowers soon.

I also want to buy one of those boxes of lady bugs that is sold in places like Ace's, because they're really good for flowers, apparently. :jess:

Madame Adequate
06-06-2009, 07:07 PM
I hate gardens. I hate flowers. I hate lawns more than I hate zombie communists. My solution to the greenery problem is napalm, then concrete.

Rye
06-06-2009, 07:13 PM
tbqf you'd better not visit me then, because my entire neighorhood is green and flowery and lovely in that way. My backyard, when it's in full summer bloom, has more types of flowers than I can count. >;o

Go live in Siberia, freek. :kaoangry:

Madame Adequate
06-06-2009, 07:15 PM
Siberia is much too full of plant matter. I would live in New York City, where the greenery is tended and kept civilized instead of allowed to grow wildly like a tumor over the landscape. And everything else is concrete, asphalt, glass, and metal :bigsmile:

Rye
06-06-2009, 07:17 PM
Oh my god, did you have your eyes OPEN in Manhattan? It's PLENTY green there. Central Park takes up like, a good quarter of the island, and there's other parks too. In the nicer neighborhoods, there's a quite a few trees. GOBSHYTE, PLZ. :colbert:

Anyway, back on topic. Another question, what is your favorite flower in your garden?

I love our roses, and our lillies~

Madame Adequate
06-06-2009, 07:19 PM
I didn't see a single piece of green beyond Central Park (which could stand to be trimmed by a few blocks, tbf). I saw cars and roads and BUILDINGS :D

Leeza
06-06-2009, 07:20 PM
I love gardens but I hate hate hate weeding them. My weeds are flourishing. As I was weeding under a supposedly thornless rose bush-type-thing last week, it apparently attacked me (I barely felt anything at the time though and then the pain kicked in a few hours later) because now I look like I've been in a fight with a vicious cat as both of my arms are fully scratched up. :cat:

scrumpleberry
06-06-2009, 07:34 PM
Milford you are a funny beast indeed |:

I love gardens, but I have no idea at all how to tend to them and my plant memory is a sieve. Someone can tell me all sorts about a plant, and 3 hours later I will have forgotten everything including the name. You could repeat this every day for a week and I would probably struggle to recall something which sounds even vaguely like the name.

I know how to pull weeds out >) but I really like dandelions actually - and poison ivy come to that xDD

Old Manus
06-06-2009, 08:24 PM
I hate gardens because I have to mow them every few weeks. Patios, motherfucker.

rubah
06-06-2009, 08:54 PM
I love flowers. getting my hands dirty, not so much.

Momiji
06-06-2009, 09:20 PM
Screw gardens. Too much weeding and such.

When I get my own place, I'll plant some flowering trees. That's low-maintenance for you. :D

Peegee
06-06-2009, 09:57 PM
You should see my parents' place. It's very pretty.

Xaven
06-07-2009, 08:45 AM
Ryechew is set to be the newest hobo in the Butchart Gardens, I hear.

Flowers remind me of gardening which reminds me of hot, sweaty toiling. Yucky. Roses are nice though, as long as I'm not the one taking care of them. Hmm, rose cologne, please!

Breine
06-07-2009, 10:36 AM
I like gardens and think flowers are really pretty, but I don't really know how to tend to gardens properly. My parents have a really nice garden, and I've helped them tending it many times, but that was in more of a "now son, do this"-kind of way.
I'd really like to have my own garden sometimes in the future. It's neat to be able to go outside and sit/do whatever whenever you want, and still have privacy.

mooglebunni608
06-07-2009, 06:55 PM
I've been planting in my dad's food garden :3
We have the squash and cucumbers and green beans planted. We'll be doing strawberries and blueberries and beats soon.
I want to do flowers but there's no time with all the normal gardening.

Shattered Dreamer
06-07-2009, 10:06 PM
I actually quite like gardens only problem is they dont like me...hay fever tis a curse!

Fujiko
06-07-2009, 10:38 PM
I enjoy gardening~ And I absolutely love flowers~<3