PDA

View Full Version : 2-Player FF

Depression Moon
06-08-2009, 12:46 AM
the back of my case says that the game is 1 player, but I recall something from the internet saying that the game could be played by two people. I was wondering if this was true because I would love to share one of the most inspirational things in my life with my younger brother who was too young to play the game when it came around.

Jessweeee♪
06-08-2009, 01:22 AM
If you go to the option menu you can set which characters are controlled by the second controller. I wish others did that :(

FFIX Choco Boy
06-08-2009, 05:38 AM
Yeah, only battles are 2 player. You can't play 2 player Tetra Master, or 2 player Racing Hippaul.

Breine
06-08-2009, 09:32 AM
If you go to the option menu you can set which characters are controlled by the second controller. I wish others did that :(

Pretty much.

I once played it with one of my really good friends, who's also a big FF fan, and it was pretty good fun, although we couldn't decide on who should play as who.

Jiro
06-08-2009, 10:05 AM
First and only time I tried this, the second controller died on me*. It was in Burmecia the first time you visit, and so half my party was useless and I got my ass handed to me and swore never to try it again.

*The reason the controller died is because my brother slammed it on the floor because he didn't like the game.

Elly
06-08-2009, 12:45 PM
FF IV, V, & VI PlayStation Ports all have 2 player mode added to them, i had a great time playing VI with my little brother, unfortunatealy since we live in 2 different towns it took a couple of years to complete but it was fun saying we played it together...

Jessweeee♪
06-09-2009, 01:28 AM
Hahaha do you y'all ever start fighting each other when you do that?

Sefie1999AD
06-10-2009, 07:50 PM
Hahaha do you y'all ever start fighting each other when you do that?

Things get even trickier when one of the characters is hit by the Confuse status ailment. S/he'll start to attack the other characters, and you'll also want to hit him/her to cure the status ailment. :p