PDA

View Full Version : The Heavy Metal Remake

Paro
06-08-2009, 02:43 AM
‘Heavy Metal’ Adds Cameron, Verbinksi, Snyder as Directors - Film School Rejects (http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/heavy-metal-adds-cameron-verbinksi-snyder-as-directors.php)
So according to Kevin Eastman it looks like James Cameron has come on board as a co-executive producer/director for the new Heavy Metal movie. Also the Kung Fu Panda co-director Mark Osborne will reunite with Jack Black to do a "comedy segment" for the film.

I've got breaking news that Fincher and James Cameron are going to be Co-Executive Producers on the film. Fincher will direct one. Cameron will direct one. Zack Snyder is going to direct one and Gore Verbinski is going to. Mark Osborne and Jack Black from Tenacious D are going to do a comedy segment for the film. Three other directors have agreed but we haven't signed them, but they're equally as jaw-dropping. So we're on cloud nine to be working with such an amazing amount of talent."

Loved the original and with this list of directors taking on the remake, I'm sure it'll be epic.

Vyk
06-08-2009, 08:32 PM
Part of Heavy Metal's flavor is nostalgia. It wasn't really that great. It was just trippy and different for the time. This is going to flop. I don't know what would make them think this was a good idea. The sequel was pretty atrocious