PDA

View Full Version : Spider-man 4

Paro
06-08-2009, 02:48 AM
http://newsinfilm.com/images//2009/06/spider-man4.jpg
Superhero hype says this is fake but other sources close to Sony say it's real. They showed this at the Licensing International Expo in Las Vegas this week. Either way I'm hyped.

http://www.hollywood.com/news/Dunst_...y_2011/3684525 (http://www.hollywood.com/news/Dunst_Spider_Man_4_Will_Be_Out_by_2011/3684525)

So Kirsten Dunst is definitely on board for Spider-Man 4, the film is due for release on May 6, 2011 and Sony producer Todd Black told the New York Post about the potential villain: "We're just coming up with who the villain's going to be now. We'll be shooting in New York again. Trust me, people will appreciate who we pick, because it'll be a big part of New York."[/quote]

I'm guessing it could be either Kraven the Hunter or the Kingpin, although one should probably assume the latter is still owned by Fox as part of the "Daredevil" deal. Still, maybe it will be some sort of New York City mob/crime.

Thoughts?

Momiji
06-08-2009, 03:26 AM
Sounds pretty cool to me. The Spiderman movies have been the only superhero movies that I've truly liked so far, so here's hoping this one's as good as the others were!

rubah
06-08-2009, 03:33 AM
I had a refresher course this week-end in how much I hate Spider-man 2, so I'm not too excited just at this moment.

I did like the other two a lot though.

Breine
06-08-2009, 09:21 AM
To be honest the third Spiderman movie was meh - maybe I just need to watch it again, though.

Anyway, I hope this fourth one will be better.

Ouch!
06-08-2009, 10:20 AM
I see when Marvel tried to buy back the rights to do their movies to prevent future atrocities, not only did they fail to get the X-Men, but also Spider-man. While the first two movies were well done, the third is an abomination I refuse to watch in its entirety.

Quindiana Jones
06-08-2009, 10:42 AM
Oh God, I thought 3 was going to be the last. :(

Slothy
06-08-2009, 11:32 AM
I see when Marvel tried to buy back the rights to do their movies to prevent future atrocities, not only did they fail to get the X-Men, but also Spider-man. While the first two movies were well done, the third is an abomination I refuse to watch in its entirety.

That's quite the exaggeration if you ask me. Let me guess, you're a Venom fan that didn't like that they killed him off?

If it makes anyone feel better, I have heard that Raimi has been asking for complete control of this one. I felt he did the best he could have done in 3 when he had to add Venom due to producer mandate, so I'm fine with him being able to avoid a similar problem altogether and do his own thing.

Paro
06-08-2009, 12:21 PM

That's quite the exaggeration if you ask me. Let me guess, you're a Venom fan that didn't like that they killed him off?

If it makes anyone feel better, I have heard that Raimi has been asking for complete control of this one. I felt he did the best he could have done in 3 when he had to add Venom due to producer mandate, so I'm fine with him being able to avoid a similar problem altogether and do his own thing.

He had creative control for the first two movies, and he's stated that he's got it for Spider-Man 4 as well. So no more symbiotes. Hooray!

No wonder i didn't enjoy the 3rd as much as the rest. Sandman was great though. he really saved that movie for me.

The Shoeless Hobo
06-08-2009, 02:48 PM
I love Raimi, and I can't wait for this film to come out. I love all the Spiderman films equally. I just hope they kill off Watson in the fourth, i prefer Stacey. :)

Peegee
06-08-2009, 08:21 PM
Meh

Can Tobi finally lose some weight? Thanks.

Also no stupid emo story lines. Oh wait, too late. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/members/leeza.html)

Jessweeee♪
06-08-2009, 08:57 PM
The third one was really cool to see in the theaters 'cause of the sound xD

I would definitely watch a fourth one n.n

LunarWeaver
06-08-2009, 08:59 PM
I'm all for a fourth. I thought the third was, you know, good enough. I enjoyed it. Actually, my biggest problem with the third was not venom or etc. but MJ and Peter. I went through two movies for them to really hook up only for them to fight and be miserable 95% of the time. Makes it kinda hard to root for them as a couple. Peter should just eat her.

Depression Moon
06-08-2009, 09:40 PM
Sounds pretty cool to me. The Spiderman movies have been the only superhero movies that I've truly liked so far, so here's hoping this one's as good as the others were!
What I can't believe you don't like IronMan, Hulk, or any of the Batmans. :(

After rewatching all the Batman's I love. Batman Returns, Begins, Dark Knight and others like Hulk, Ironman, and X-Men 2, and Wolverine. Isee that the Spider-man movies could have been done a lot better.

I don't think that it will be any better than 3. I was dissapointed by it too. For some reason Hollywood just assumes that you have to kill off the villains in a comic book movie. That just gets tired and leaves no new opportunities for said character.

That isn't my whole complaint though. With the other comic book movies I could really feel how it's supposed to be being that character. it sheds a new light on perspectives and puts in a realistic light. Spider-man didn't really have that and no real serious moments and I'm pretty sure his comics have those. It tries too hard to please the non-casuals. Well I'm sort of one of those too. I haven't read much of his comics, but I love the super hero mythos in general. Hope it gets better.

Shattered Dreamer
06-08-2009, 09:52 PM
To be honest I wouldn't mind a 4th Spiderman movie as long as it doesn't focus on Peter & MJ's relationship to the point of movie becoming a bad romantic cliche like the 3rd one. I'd love if they did the maximum carnage storyline for the next movie & focus on Spiderman vs Carnage & not do what they did in the 3rd one with 3 villains. I mean Venom is one of the best villains in Spiderman & he got far too little screen time. Plus Eric Foreman from that 70's Show(cant remember the blokes name) didn't exactly fit the bill of Eddie Brock either.

Sephex
06-09-2009, 04:31 AM
Yeah, the third one didn't do much for me. If it has the spirit of the first one, I'll end up liking it.

I said "liking it" because I'll be roped into seeing it one way or another.

Del Murder
06-09-2009, 04:57 AM
Part 3 was bad so I don't have high hopes.

Shiny
06-09-2009, 05:03 AM
Dunst and Maguire have both publically stated that they would only want to do three. I'm guessing the change of mind is because they realized they need the money and the work. With that said, I want to see The Shocker and Carnage. :)

Jessweeee♪
06-09-2009, 05:59 AM
I heard sometime around the second one's release that Toby Maguire signed on for or wanted to do a third and a fourth one, but I guess that was like 2004 or something xD

Ouch!
06-09-2009, 08:04 AM

Nice assumption there, chief, but wrong none the less. My problem with the third Spider-man movie is the same problem I have with the third X-men movie. There's too much pressure forced upon it to attempt to cover far too much ground for a single movie. As such, nothing is properly developed and falls apart as the movie tries to balance too much and as a result fails to deliver on all accounts.

Breine
06-09-2009, 09:20 AM

Nice assumption there, chief, but wrong none the less. My problem with the third Spider-man movie is the same problem I have with the third X-men movie. There's too much pressure forced upon it to attempt to cover far too much ground for a single movie. As such, nothing is properly developed and falls apart as the movie tries to balance too much and as a result fails to deliver on all accounts.

I couldn't agree more. There's too much happening, and too much clutter for Spiderman 3 (and X-Men 3) to be fully enjoyable.
Let's hope they work it out for the fourth one.

Sefie1999AD
06-10-2009, 07:28 PM
I'll most likely end up watching the 4th movie anyway, but I still think Raimi should have stopped with the third film. I didn't think Spider-Man 3 was as bad as some people claim, but I still thought it was clearly weaker than Spider-Man 2, and if the trend continues, I can't see Spider-Man 4 being anything spectacular.

Bunny
06-10-2009, 07:54 PM
This movie will be bad.

musashius
06-10-2009, 08:41 PM
I love Raimi, and I can't wait for this film to come out.

I love Sam Raimi a lot. But I still hated Spider-man. I don't know, I never really grew to like any of the Spider-man movies like the rest of the world. I think it might be the combination of Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst... although I've grown to accept that Tobey Maguire is Peter Parker at this point. I still can't stand Kirsten Dunst though. Bleh.

Depression Moon
06-10-2009, 09:42 PM
Yeah, Kirsten Dunst isn't as pretty as the original Mary Jane drawing.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/bc/Mjface.jpg
http://marvel.com/universe3zx/images/d/d6/MJ-headshot-JRSR-mini.jpg

Blue Harvest
06-10-2009, 09:48 PM
Am I the only one who liked 3 more than the first two?

Sephex
06-10-2009, 10:10 PM

Though I don't go out of my way to discuss/read such things, you are the first person that I have seen say that.

sad.mind
06-10-2009, 10:17 PM
The third movie was fucking terrible. And I wish they weren't making a fourth.

Sephex
06-10-2009, 10:19 PM
The third movie was smurfing terrible. And I wish they weren't making a fourth.

No, don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel!

sad.mind
06-10-2009, 10:27 PM

I am not very fond of mayonnaise on my sandwiches. I can deal with it, but it is preferred that they are not placed upon it.

I am also concerned for my friend Deb. Her boyfriend is an asshole.

Sephex
06-10-2009, 10:31 PM

I am not very fond of mayonnaise on my sandwiches. I can deal with it, but it is preferred that they are not placed upon it.

That sounds rough. Is there anything Spiderman can do to help? I heard he makes a mean sandwich.

sad.mind
06-10-2009, 10:44 PM

That sounds rough. Is there anything Spiderman can do to help? I heard he makes a mean sandwich.
Well, he can't make a very good sandwich because he doesn't know how to shot web, which is a crucial ingredient in the ultimate Spiderman sandwich.

Jessweeee♪
07-01-2009, 08:57 PM

Though I don't go out of my way to discuss/read such things, you are the first person that I have seen say that.

And I'm the second :</>D!

Shattered Dreamer
07-01-2009, 09:43 PM

From what I've seen in the 3 movies Spiderman wouldn't be a great relationship councilor:p

rubah
07-01-2009, 10:33 PM
I liked the third one too!