PDA

View Full Version : Super Metroid!

.:kerrod:.
06-08-2009, 06:36 AM
i know this game is mega old, but i need help and i don't know where else to ask :p

this is probably a question for people who know this game back-to-front and have played it a billion times...i'm down in norfair, right? and i missed getting the Spazer Beam, but the only way i can get out of norfair, is through a massive, vertical tube-looking thing with those flying turtles going back and forth. Now, i know that once you get the freeze beam, you can just freeze them and use them as steps, but i won't get that beam for a long time, and i'm really sick of this piss-weak weapon :p i've tried wall-jumping up, but this seems impossible, and i'd like to know for sure before wasting many more hours on it...is there any way to get back from norfair to get this spazer beam?

Lionx
06-08-2009, 12:00 PM
Lol you are going too far back. From the long shaft with the flying Rippers in Brinstar that you use as steps later, go right into the water room, then right one more screen. If you have the Hi-Jump Boots(or you are damn good at Turbo Bombing), then the minute you enter the second water filled room with the Snappers, shoot up and the block will open up. Jump up there and the Spazer is right there. ^^

Hope that helps. I know you said you were in Norfair, but i cannot recall a time i was actually stuck in Norfair itself, however i do remember being stumped all those years back at the lower half of Brinstar.