PDA

View Full Version : PC Monitor advice.

Quindiana Jones
06-08-2009, 02:13 PM
Hi all. My dad's looking for a new PC monitor, and I figured I may as well ask here to see if any of yous know any good ones.

What he wants is:
20"+
Good contrast ratio (1000:1+)
Vertical: 1024.

It doesn't need speakers at all as we already have plenty to work with. The main reason he wants a new monitor is to get a reasonable size to compare two documents when the windows are tiled vertically.

Any help would be appreciated. Ask any questions if you need to.

Peegee
06-08-2009, 03:33 PM
Samsung.

I believe, for all intents and purposes (intensive purposes lulz) you can't go wrong with Samsung.

It may be a little pricey though but you get what you pay for and as long as you get what you want size-wise, it will serve you until forever.

I have no idea how long I've had my big monitor but I did give my old one to my brother's gf, and I've had *that* one for 3+ years.

Mirage
06-08-2009, 04:12 PM
If you want to put two pages side by side, nothing is like a 1920x1200 24" in my opinion. On a 20", i would find that the text would get annoyingly small in side-by-side views.

Namelessfengir
06-08-2009, 04:49 PM
i have an acer 22" works great. go to newegg got it for 169$

o_O
06-09-2009, 01:14 AM
Yeah, Samsung. Sony Bravia TVs use panels made by Samsung which are the same panels as in a Samsung TV for two thirds the price. If you ever want screens, get a Samsung, because they're top quality and cheap.