PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy VII Advent Children

AlexSmith
06-09-2009, 10:39 AM
the acting by both the Japanese and English vocalists is impressive. Often, animated films that are brought to the US are bogged down by too many stars, but this production features only a couple; a great impulse. The English language track has nary a weak link, and that is seldom the case with animated dubs.

sad.mind
06-10-2009, 09:57 PM
I found AC to be a terrible milking of Final Fantasy VII, complete with a crappy "return of Sephiroth", so the excessively disgusting amount of fangirls/boys who worship Sephiroth as if he's a decent character would be overjoyed.

I only saw the subbed version of AC and I don't plan on watching it in English.

Sephex
06-10-2009, 10:14 PM
I thought a couple of the English voices were alright, but the Japanese cast was much better.

Cyric
06-12-2009, 04:53 AM
I thought a couple of the English voices were alright, but the Japanese cast was much better.

Agreed. I hate english dubs, thus I always go with the original and english subs. Lips matching the script = win 100% of the time.

sephireland
07-24-2009, 11:34 PM
Bit emotional here. Got fairly pissed while watching it on Blu Ray for the first time. It helps when you've just played the game through again recently. Anyway, I was absolutely blown away. The sound is immense on Blu Ray. The Japanese cast were immense and the extra footage really helped the movie. Loved it!!!!!

Aerisfanatic
08-05-2009, 01:28 AM
Just goes to show that most people hate video game based movie. I for one loved it, but anytime Aeris gets screen time is gold for me.

Pure Aerisbeauty7
08-14-2009, 01:44 AM
I for one loved it, but anytime Aeris gets screen time is gold for me.

I agree.

Xardrick
09-19-2009, 10:48 AM
Which is better? If i watch FF7: AC japanese with english subs or with version where is English dubbed??

Raebus
09-19-2009, 12:41 PM
I've seen it on both DVD and blueray and to me it's an average movie. :)

Kyros
09-19-2009, 06:59 PM
I liked it ok. idc if its subbed or dubbed though most things are better subbed b/c there's a lot of english dubs where they decide to make 90% of the cast suck. The 3 emo brothers were meh most of the time, but I woulda preferred to see a better Kadaj vs Cloud fight instead of Sephiroth. Also, it was bs Tifa lost, she was one of my best in the game >:o

FaithWontFall
10-23-2009, 12:11 AM
I wondered how it was that Tifa lost too, afterall she was one of my strongest aswell (stronger than Cloud for sure) but it hink it was just meant to make Loz seem like a good fighter, he comes across more of a pushover (no offence to his fans) or a crybaby, so they had to make him look like he fitted in somehow. Plus Tifa hasnt fought for nigh on two years, maybe her skills have dwindled slightly.
Despite all it's faults AC and ACC are great films, in my opinion. I loved the bonus footage and Denzel's story in ACC. :)

Christmas
10-25-2009, 03:27 AM
I liked the complete version. More blood splitting and random people getting bitten to death by those beasts. :bigsmile:

Shiny
10-25-2009, 05:30 AM
complete with a crappy "return of Sephiroth", so the excessively disgusting amount of fangirls/boys who worship Sephiroth as if he's a decent character would be overjoyed.

I agree with this notion. It kind of disturbs me how people gravitate towards evil, cynical characters like Sephiroth or The Joker. But, meh. I thought it was decent for what it is -- a game based animated movie.

Jiro
10-25-2009, 09:21 AM
I need to pick up ACC at some point. Somebody "borrowed" my copy of AC and never returned it :/

sephireland
10-25-2009, 11:52 AM
complete with a crappy "return of Sephiroth", so the excessively disgusting amount of fangirls/boys who worship Sephiroth as if he's a decent character would be overjoyed.

I agree with this notion. It kind of disturbs me how people gravitate towards evil, cynical characters like Sephiroth or The Joker. But, meh. I thought it was decent for what it is -- a game based animated movie.

Oh puh-lease. Evil characters like The Joker are just way more fun. And FFVII without Sephiroth is like JAWS without the shark.