PDA

View Full Version : Songs you like by bands you hate

Sephex
06-09-2009, 05:54 PM
*Papercut--Linkin Park
I feel like an ass for liking it.

*Ghost of You--My Chemical Romance
The World War II themed video pulled me in. Don't really watch MTV or anything, but my ex did at the time. I want to punch myself in the balls sometimes.

*Toxic--Britney Spears
I was convinced to sing this song several times at a party I was at. My manhood is still nowhere to be found.

~ Kain ~
06-09-2009, 06:15 PM
10th avenue freeze-out - Bruce Springstein

I really could never get into the boss. I'm sure i am being slightly unfair because i've never heard a whole album by him all the way through.
I'm a music nut. I listen to oldies. I love prog rock bands like moody blues, yes(steve howe is a legend)genesis and elp. I like older bands most older people don't really like or even know like audience or the amboy dukes. I of course love bands like led zeppelin, the beatles and my favorite... The Who. Also being 24 i grew up listening to bands like STP, Foo fighters, metallica, smashing pumpkins, green day, RHCP, etc... love that era.
That being said i never listen to the radio anymore...most bands singles and radio hits are their worst songs. Also whenever i'm getting new music or trying out a new band(most recently Cake...what a great band!) I need to hear the music like the band intended.... Listen to the whole album!!!
So before you boss fans crucify me up-side-down, I myself am saying that that is an unfair choice since i really don't know much by him...(but so far, not so good)

Bunny
06-09-2009, 06:50 PM
I do not understand this thread.

Sephex
06-09-2009, 09:26 PM

List songs that you happen to like by bands that you usually don't dig, ya dig?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-09-2009, 09:29 PM
God help me, but "Santeria" is actually a pretty good song.

~ Kain ~
06-09-2009, 10:52 PM
Ha that falls more into songs i don't like by bands i like....haha. I'll always choose lincoln highway dub over santeria....

Hmm... Love in an elevator is alright but i cant stand aerosmith

Pete for President
06-09-2009, 11:02 PM
I don't have many, but Alien by Pennywise is awesome.

Shoeberto
06-09-2009, 11:44 PM
"Helena" by MCR. I tried to like the whole album, but everything else of theirs is pretty crap.

"Hands Down" by Dashboard Confessional. I can't say that I like any of their other stuff but this one makes me feel all sappy inside.

Rye
06-09-2009, 11:55 PM
Trouble - Coldplay :colbert:

musashius
06-10-2009, 12:20 AM
God help me, but "Santeria" is actually a pretty good song.

My Hero by Foo Fighters, as well.

Jessweeee♪
06-10-2009, 01:09 AM
Toxic - Britney Spears
Welcome Home - Coheed and Cambria

fire_of_avalon
06-10-2009, 03:06 PM
Back when I didn't like pink floyd, I still loved Young Lust.
I really think Motley Crue sucks, but I loooove Looks that Kill and Kickstart my Heart.

And you go to hell, Jessweee!

Shiny
06-10-2009, 11:26 PM
Don't Panic - Coldplay

NeoCracker
06-11-2009, 12:57 AM
Godsmack - Voodoo
Briney Spears - Lucky
Blue October - Hate Me
Fountains of Wayne - Stacies Mom
Alice in Chains - Them Bones and Man in The Box
Modest Mouse - Float n

Sephex
06-11-2009, 01:09 AM
Don't Panic - Coldplay

If this is the song I am thinking of by them (used in Garden State soundtrack), then add this to my list.

Bunny
06-11-2009, 01:58 AM

I understand that. What I don't understand is why you would continue to listen to bands that you downright hate. I can understand listening to a band that is outside of your regular listening preferences and enjoying a song or two from them but if you hate a band, why would you bother listening to them at all?

For instance, Chris Martin is a complete douchefag with absolutely no musical talent and should die in a crash resembling the one in The Scientist.

Alternatively, I typically don't listen to music like 3OH!3 or Boys Like Girls but some of their songs are catchy and therefore I enjoy them.

Raistlin
06-11-2009, 01:59 AM
And you go to hell, Jessweee!

I didn't know you were so into Britney Spears. :confused:

Sephex
06-11-2009, 03:05 AM

I understand that. What I don't understand is why you would continue to listen to bands that you downright hate. I can understand listening to a band that is outside of your regular listening preferences and enjoying a song or two from them but if you hate a band, why would you bother listening to them at all?

For instance, Chris Martin is a complete douchefag with absolutely no musical talent and should die in a crash resembling the one in The Scientist.

Alternatively, I typically don't listen to music like 3OH!3 or Boys Like Girls but some of their songs are catchy and therefore I enjoy them.

Exactly. I don't go out of my way to listen to these bands. I just happened to hear these songs at one point or another. Maybe I'll add them to my iPod for a quick listen here and there, or maybe I'll just note that I think it's a good song and enjoy it if I happen to hear it some place.

So, I don't listen to bands I hate. I don't go through all their albums on the off chance that I might like one of their songs. I'll give everything a try, and if a friend of mine tells me to give something a chance--even if I don't have a good feeling about it--I'll still give it a go.

Plus, I thought this would be a pretty good alternative take at a music discussion thread.

Shiny
06-11-2009, 08:14 PM
Don't Panic - Coldplay

If this is the song I am thinking of by them (used in Garden State soundtrack), then add this to my list.
Yep. Alternatively it's called Beautiful World.

I also forgot I like that song Everytime by Britney Spears.

chaos_ghost
06-16-2009, 04:15 AM
*Papercut--Linkin Park

Blue October - Hate Me

Your both going to hell for not liking these bands:mad:

I also forgot I like that song Everytime by Britney Spears.

This, plus Sex on Fire by Kings of Leon

musashius
06-16-2009, 04:32 AM
This, plus Sex on Fire by Kings of Leon

I like this and Use Somebody by Kings of Leon. Otherwise, I'm pretty much not a fan at all, and I've given all their albums a try... just can't seem to get into them like everyone else.

Vyk
06-16-2009, 06:00 AM
I'm with Bunny on this. Hinder makes good music. I can give them that. But I've met them. And I hate them. So I don't listen to their songs. I'm not going to enjoy or support anyone I can't tolerate

G13
06-16-2009, 07:27 AM
Prom Queen by Lil Wayne. I can't stand rap but that's a good song.

ReloadPsi
06-22-2009, 11:38 AM
Enter Shikari - Enter Shikari
My band, of whom two members absolutely bone Shikari up somewhere dark and gross, are almost done getting the cover down for this (it would help if I would actually make the effort to learn the song and not just attempt to play along to it)

I'm On A Boat; Like A Boss - The Lonely Island
Actually I'd probably like most of their stuff but Jizz In My Pants is the very definition of a joke that was funny for a moment before being killed by everyone and then suffered some extreme necrophilia.

Wonderwall - Oasis
Eh, I dunno.

Those Who Fight Further - The Black Mages
It's a very faithful cover of my favourite piece of music of all time, how could I not like this? And my hatred of The Black Mages has nothing to do with my gimmick hatred of the Black Mage class.

eestlinc
06-26-2009, 08:46 AM
Toxic is the perfect song for this thread, although I prefer Tippin Toxic

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
06-26-2009, 10:31 AM
kiss me tru the phone - Soulja Boy

Cant stand the guy but its catchy!

NeoCracker
06-27-2009, 03:25 AM
I'll add on 'Killing Lonliness' from H.I.M.

Medi
06-27-2009, 04:28 AM
I rather loathe My Chemical Romance, but I dig their song "Famous Last Words"

Shoeberto
06-27-2009, 05:01 AM
"Don't Look Back In Anger" is a truly amazing and wonderful song, but I've never really liked much else by Oasis. I thought the album it was on was highly overrated.

Rye
06-27-2009, 05:10 AM
Vermillion by Slipknot is one of my favorite songs, but everything else I've heard from them has gotten no love from me.

Momiji
06-27-2009, 06:55 AM
I really dislike Disturbed, but their latest single isn't so bad. I don't know the name of it though. I just happened to hear it on the radio a while back.

Wolf Kanno
06-27-2009, 08:19 PM
A few Britney Spears songs. Her recent "Circus" song is actually pretty fun and I look forward to it on the abysmal waste of of music taste that is my work's background store music. I'd add "Lucky" and "Hit Me Baby One More Time" (though the cover is way better)

"Hear You Me" by Jimmy Eat World. I really dislike this band but I love this song...

leader of mortals
06-29-2009, 09:34 PM
Breathe by Nickleback. I really dislike Nickleback, but Breate(The first track on what I think is their first album) isn't a bad song.

Heath
07-01-2009, 11:43 AM
I don't understand why, but that remix of Lily Allen's Not Fair that they use on Match of the Day 2 is actually a pretty catchy song...

Madame Adequate
07-01-2009, 01:41 PM
I really dig The Hardest Button To Button by The White Stripes, who otherwise don't do anything for me.

Rantz
07-01-2009, 01:52 PM
I don't understand why, but that remix of Lily Allen's Not Fair that they use on Match of the Day 2 is actually a pretty catchy song...

This reminds me of Lily Allen's cover of Everybody's Changing which is pretty nice. I don't like much of her work outside of that.

demondude
07-02-2009, 06:50 PM
To be loved and Last resort by Papa Roach.

Selphie
07-02-2009, 07:13 PM
*Papercut--Linkin Park
I'm right there with you.

Also, I really like Adam's Song by Blink 182, but I normally don't listen to them.

Vice Nebulosa
07-03-2009, 10:54 PM
I really dislike Disturbed, but their latest single isn't so bad. I don't know the name of it though. I just happened to hear it on the radio a while back.

Something similar over here. Granted, I am not familiar with the entire library of the band's work, but the more, shall we say, "popular" songs are known to me, and the only one I find myself able to abide is "Devour". Something about the bizarre opening guitar lines and ominous vocals, no doubt. :plotting:

scrumpleberry
07-04-2009, 12:21 AM
I am starting to geniunely like Lily Allen's newer work and it scares me, but I really think she's getting better :O

Jowy
07-05-2009, 12:24 AM
Don't Panic is also the only Coldplay song I truly adore. We'll add "Time to Dance" by Panic at the Disco to that list too.