PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty (original version)

sad.mind
06-10-2009, 06:41 PM
Final Fantasy I is a very old game, meaning that it's less easy and it doesn't cut you any slack. How difficult is this game for you to play at times? Once in awhile I pick it up and play it, but sometimes my party gets wiped out quickly. I guess part of it is because I don't generally play RPGs as old as it, (or any games really as of late) and I expect it to be semi-easy because it's a simplistic RPG. Mostly when I die, it's out of bad luck and then when I'm hastily trying to get back to town, that damn ogre kills my last guy in one hit.

So how difficult do you find this game?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-10-2009, 07:26 PM
If you're familiar with the game's system (i.e. knowing that the character at the top of the party receives half of all hits, the second person down a quarter of all hits, and the third and fourth down a quarter between them), then it's significantly less difficult than most people would think.

Still have to watch out for WIZARDs and stuff, though.

Sefie1999AD
06-10-2009, 07:40 PM
The difficulty of the game depends a lot on the party you choose. A group of Fighter/??/White Mage/Black Mage makes the game relatively easy (replace "??" with a Thief, Black Belt, Red Mage or another Fighter). You'll also have to do loads of leveling up at the beginning of the game, unless you decide to use the finger point NE of Pravoka for leveling up.

Cyric
10-20-2009, 02:45 AM
The difficulty of FFI can be summed up in 2 words: Ice Cave

black orb
10-23-2009, 02:57 AM
>>> The game is hard because of two reasons:
1- The merciless final dungeon
2- The only healing item available is the potion (you can buy tents too but those doesnt count inside dungeons)

But you can make it easier depending on your party, to make it easier pick 3 fighters and a white mage. If you want a challenge pick some thief and white mages..

theundeadhero
10-23-2009, 08:28 AM
I find it incredibly easy.

I Don't Need A Name
11-04-2009, 11:53 PM
The difficulty of FFI can be summed up in 2 words: Ice Cave

Last time I left it was grinding to survive that