PDA

View Full Version : Her secret powers are so new to her~

Moon Rabbits
06-11-2009, 04:42 AM
Sailor Moon appreciation thread? Seriously.

I just rewatched the last 10 episodes and thought this was mandatory.

The Summoner of Leviathan
06-11-2009, 05:06 AM
TSUKINO USAGI FAN FOR LIFE!

~*~Celes~*~
06-11-2009, 05:08 AM
OMG

I had pretty much a fetish ever since i saw an episode and i used to be crazy about it. I still have a fond affection for the show though <3 it will always have a special place in my heart!

I made a video about 3 years ago, but it's long and therefore, takes forever to upload, SO, I cba :p but it turned out pretty nicely I think. :)

Momiji
06-11-2009, 05:12 AM
I just recently started watching it! I'm liking it so far. :D

blackmage_nuke
06-11-2009, 07:41 AM
Sailor Mercury was my childhood cartoon crush.

Breine
06-11-2009, 09:30 AM
Never watched it, but maybe I should?

NeoCracker
06-11-2009, 10:50 AM

Jupiter FTW!

....And maybe Pluto...

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
06-11-2009, 01:01 PM
this got me into drawing anime...(no surprises that im better at drawing girls lol)!

scrumpleberry
06-11-2009, 01:36 PM
SHE IS THE ONE NAMED SAILOR MOON~

Watched a few episodes. I like it because it's so cute and fun.

Boney King
06-11-2009, 03:20 PM
This was actually one of my favourite shows when I was 5. Mercury was my favourite.

Jessweeee♪
06-11-2009, 09:07 PM
I've been meaning to rewatch the series for awhile now xD

sharkythesharkdogg
06-12-2009, 03:06 AM

Also with the Sailor Mercury crush. Now that I think about it, my wife looks sort of like her with her new hair cut. I wonder if that means anything...:Eek:

Namelessfengir
06-12-2009, 03:23 AM
when i was a kid fox had escaflowne.... much better show

i got the first season for my sister for christmas she burned through them in a couple of days

id watch it if i could find the will to care enough

Shlup
06-12-2009, 05:53 AM
On the part of your high school gym uniform where you're supposed to pit your name, mine always said "Tsukino, Usagi."

Yar
06-12-2009, 06:16 AM
Bobby insulted my gayness because I didn't watch it so submitted to the peer pressure and watched a few episodes. :p

I remember she has the same B-Day as me.

musashius
06-12-2009, 06:22 AM
http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/3360/melvin9ux.jpg
Melvin.

KentaRawr!
06-12-2009, 06:31 AM
My brother and sister used to watch this. I watched it, too, alongside Dragonball Z. :p

LunarWeaver
06-12-2009, 07:56 AM
I was obsessed with it when I was younger. Good times. The show is actually pretty smurfing weird, but in a good way.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i29/LunarWeaver/moonbg.gif

Breine
06-12-2009, 05:31 PM
I was obsessed with it when I was younger. Good times. The show is actually pretty smurfing weird, but in a good way.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i29/LunarWeaver/moonbg.gif

Seeing this gif I realize that I actually have watched it! I've seen some episode as a kid. I don't remember much from it other than it was pretty good.

Vyk
06-12-2009, 09:32 PM
DBZ 4 gurlz!

lol ... I actually tried to get into it on a few occasions when I was younger. But good lord Sailor Moon herself was so dense and whiney and obnoxious and over dramatic. I would have loved the show if she weren't in it. But because it revolved around her and she was so annoyingly irritating I could never get into it. Especially after Rini was introduced. A younger more whiney and immature version of Sailor Moon is exactly what that show needed! lol...

06-13-2009, 07:02 AM
The North American dub made Usagi into a bigger ditz than she actually was. The whole valley girl thing did nothing to improve her as a character. I guess it is my fanboyism, but I find it really unfair when people dismiss Usagi whiny and such because there is a lot more to her than that. While the dub does make her more of a ditz, the anime (sub and dub) has a more dense, klutzier Usagi compared to the manga (i.e. in the manga it is implied that she more or less doesn't apply herself in school, not that she is dumb). Also despite her flaws, she is quite self-aware of her flaws. While most of the time she will deny it, she does own up to them in some scenes. While she is fully of flaws, she has some really good qualities that actually make her admirable.

Also, Sailor Stars is the best seasons ever. :D Seriously, it is a must watch. :D

[/end fanboyism...for now]

~*~Celes~*~
06-13-2009, 07:34 AM
<3 Darien/Mamo-chan :D

one of my fav pics, takes place in one of my fav episodes :

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-13-2009, 07:48 AM
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8qdQyQ6Qx4&fmt=18">The best ever</a>.

~*~Celes~*~
06-13-2009, 07:51 AM
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8qdQyQ6Qx4&fmt=18">The best ever</a>.

indeed.

who's seen the three special movies? :D

06-13-2009, 07:57 AM
I have them on VHS (taped from YTV) and on disc somewhere. :D

Hearts on Ice (?) was cool since it actually came from the manga. :D

~*~Celes~*~
06-13-2009, 06:36 PM
i didn't like The Black Dream Hole as much as the other two, but all three were awesome in their own ways :D i bought them all on VHS when they came out...

...VHS was so long ago :cry:

LunarWeaver
06-13-2009, 08:10 PM
Also, Sailor Stars is the best seasons ever. :D Seriously, it is a must watch. :D

I never did watch the final season. I really should. I don't know how I sat through the torture that was SuperS yet didn't continue on to Stars.

KoShiatar
06-14-2009, 12:38 PM
This show changed my life. It's not an exaggeration. It started new fandoms and interests in my life (i.e., Japanese culture) that made me take some choices in life and those choices, in turn, influenced who I am now.

Moon Rabbits
08-16-2009, 07:02 AM
http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/3360/melvin9ux.jpg
Melvin.

*Umino ;)

The North American dub made Usagi into a bigger ditz than she actually was. The whole valley girl thing did nothing to improve her as a character. I guess it is my fanboyism, but I find it really unfair when people dismiss Usagi whiny and such because there is a lot more to her than that. While the dub does make her more of a ditz, the anime (sub and dub) has a more dense, klutzier Usagi compared to the manga (i.e. in the manga it is implied that she more or less doesn't apply herself in school, not that she is dumb). Also despite her flaws, she is quite self-aware of her flaws. While most of the time she will deny it, she does own up to them in some scenes. While she is fully of flaws, she has some really good qualities that actually make her admirable.

[/end fanboyism...for now]

Pretty much. I always loved the manga version of Usagi because of the fact she's so self-aware of how much of a slacker she is. Actually, I love everything about the manga ever ever. Naokoooooo <3. As far as ditzy valley girl goes, Minako pretty much has the mothersmurfing trophy. Which is probably why I love her soooooo much. Seriously, Mars and Venus' All Girls School Battle (or whatever their Exam Battles chapter is called) is pretty much the best thing ever written. Mako's Exam Battle chapter was meh ... Ami's was sweet, though.

I never did watch the final season. I really should. I don't know how I sat through the torture that was SuperS yet didn't continue on to Stars.

SuperS IS THE BEST ARC IN THE ENTIRE SERIES. W.T.F. Case and point: Tiger's Eye.