PDA

View Full Version : Look at that chub!

Ace14
06-12-2009, 01:44 PM
So I've determined I need to start running again in the mornings because I'm so out of shape and because summer started for me I actually can again. It's 5:41 am and I've stayed up all night, is it healthy for me to still run in this condition? Well I've been working out a lot lately so that I can remake the muscle I lost.
When's the last time you've ran in the morning or did some sort of straining work out? Do you think you're out of shape and need to? Why do you work out or why don't you work out?
I'm curious :)

Quindiana Jones
06-12-2009, 02:14 PM
I don't run because it becomes bad for the old knees in the long run. I cycle, but not as much as I wish I could. Sometimes I'm too lazy, sometimes I just don't have time.

I'm a dwarf by Gimli's definition. I'm a great sprinter, and can be surpisingly quick for someone my size (I'm not fat, but I don't look like a sprinter), but my stamina isn't brilliant. It's better than it was, and whilst I'm great over long distances on a bike, you can still see I'm more of a sprinter even then. I've got big hulking bastard thighs that are great for churning up the sprockets. xD

On a recount, I figured my workout regime consists of 55 generic push-ups, 25 tricep push-ups, and 110 sit-ups every night. I split it up though. I do 5 tris, 20 sits and then 10 pushes. I do this four times. The fifth time I do 10 tris, 30 situps and 15 pushes. This is all spaced out over however long I want. Often it'll be during the ad breaks of a TV programme, or I may go and brush my teeth or something like that. Makes it all very easy.

The reason I work out is that I'm not very confident about my appearance. Even with these workouts and the exercise I do, I still have a comfortable layer of fat that I'd probably find very useful were I being forced to fight in the Collosseum. But I'm not, so it bugs me.

/lifestory

rubah
06-12-2009, 02:39 PM
have you joined <a href="http://forums.eyesonff.com/group.php?groupid=22">Eoff Fit</a>? :)

Ace14
06-12-2009, 03:12 PM
Yes :)
Except I totally forgot I was part of it until now

Peegee
06-12-2009, 03:45 PM
You need lots of rest if you are going to exercise.

The rest of the stuff aren't pertinent to the discussion.

Yar
06-12-2009, 05:54 PM
Ace is back! :)

Fuzakeru
06-12-2009, 10:20 PM
Working out is the best! I love it! Lose that chub! LOSE THE CHUB!!!

I've been working out pretty hardcore for four months go and the results have been pretty nice.

Rye
06-13-2009, 12:25 AM
I'm actually restarting my work out routine tomorrow, after a brief haitus due to lack of funds for a gym membership. I don't do terribly much. I go for a half hour on the elliptical, sometimes more. Being that I'm 125-ish lbs and 5'0", I only burn off about 300-350 calories per session, but that is a decent amount considering that I have a lower allotted calorie intake.

I have been on a diet though, though less of a diet and more of just changing what I eat, as opposed to how much, since I don't eat that much. I'm doing pretty good!

Yar
06-13-2009, 12:33 AM
:/ I always thought you were taller than that, Jess.

black orb
06-13-2009, 12:35 AM
>>> Since i have nothing better to do, I walk/run like 10 kilometers everyday..

Rye
06-13-2009, 12:40 AM
:/ I always thought you were taller than that, Jess.

Nope. xD I'm 5 feet tall.

Fujiko
06-13-2009, 01:19 AM
Friendly advice - do not run or attempt any major activity (like sports) if you haven't slept well. Remember that, it's important!
As for me, I used to run for an hour almost every morning (as early as 4 in the am) for 6 years, before my physical therapist warned me to tone it down to 2-3 times a week and choose better running shoes and carefully choose which type of ground I run on. Early morning running not only keeps you in shape (tones your waist!) but it relaxes your muscles (don't forget to do some stretching) which is much needed for the daily activities which await and I personally end up feeling really great afterward! ;)

Always get alot of sleep before you run and drink alot of water a few hours before. If you prefer running during the afternoon or at night, do so before dinner (ca 1-2 hours prior).

If you haven't been jogging for a while, remember to begin at a slow pace and gradually up it as weeks pass by. Take it easy as your heart needs the time to adapt to that sort of activity again. Don't push it!

Last but not least, remember to do stretching exercises before and after you have your Balboa run :cool: Oh and, eat carbs and protein rich foods after your run~

Leeza
06-13-2009, 04:30 AM
I don't run because it is not good for my back. I do walk everyday though. For lunches at work a group of us go walking instead of eating. We do 45 minutes to an hour up and down the neighbourhoods and it's a good workout because we have quite a few hilly areas. It's actually fun. :cat:

Ace14
06-13-2009, 06:53 AM
Friendly advice - do not run or attempt any major activity (like sports) if you haven't slept well. Remember that, it's important!
As for me, I used to run for an hour almost every morning (as early as 4 in the am) for 6 years, before my physical therapist warned me to tone it down to 2-3 times a week and choose better running shoes and carefully choose which type of ground I run on. Early morning running not only keeps you in shape (tones your waist!) but it relaxes your muscles (don't forget to do some stretching) which is much needed for the daily activities which await and I personally end up feeling really great afterward! ;)

Always get alot of sleep before you run and drink alot of water a few hours before. If you prefer running during the afternoon or at night, do so before dinner (ca 1-2 hours prior).

If you haven't been jogging for a while, remember to begin at a slow pace and gradually up it as weeks pass by. Take it easy as your heart needs the time to adapt to that sort of activity again. Don't push it!

Last but not least, remember to do stretching exercises before and after you have your Balboa run :cool: Oh and, eat carbs and protein rich foods after your run~

Thanks for the advice
It has helped me realized I've been doing a lot of things wrong
I don't eat before running or drink water (I do it after)
And I had no sleep before my run this morning
Also I was pushing it because I haven't done it in so long
And I forgot to stretch :P
Hah Woops
Okay so I'm like 5'10'' or 5'11'', 15 yrs. old and I weigh around 135-140 lbs.
Would that be considered over, under, or perfect weight for me?
Everyone keeps telling me I'm too skinny and need to eat more

Fujiko
06-13-2009, 05:22 PM

Thanks for the advice
Hah Woops

I'd say your Body Mass Index (BMI) measures roughly around 19 or 20. What is considered normal weight (when calculating your BMI) your BMI should be inbetween 19-25; 18 or below is considered underweight and above 25 is overweight. I'd say your friends are on the right track when they say you should eat better :P But then again, BMI doesn't exactly separate muscle mass from body fat, but if you know you're quite skinny you should eat more, within reason of course. Exercising is always a good thing! ^-^
You know your body best, if you exercise alot remember to never skip carbs and protein and always include salads; don't be too cheap on olive oil or butter on your bread. :love:

Fuzakeru
06-13-2009, 07:36 PM
Wow. Five feet, Jess? You're so tiny and cute. Can I put you in my pocket? :3

I like walking the beach on my rest times. If I have my camera I'll walk miles taking pictures before I realize I should turn back. Music is a helpful distraction too.

rubah
06-13-2009, 09:23 PM
picture jogging makes me think of Yes Man. I've been meaning to try it :)

Fujiko
06-14-2009, 03:04 PM
picture jogging makes me think of Yes Man. I've been meaning to try it :)

I used to do that before when taking long walks pretty often, but not anymore since I jog more than I take long walks. But I do like it!

Ace14
06-14-2009, 11:46 PM

Thanks for the advice
Hah Woops

I'd say your Body Mass Index (BMI) measures roughly around 19 or 20. What is considered normal weight (when calculating your BMI) your BMI should be inbetween 19-25; 18 or below is considered underweight and above 25 is overweight. I'd say your friends are on the right track when they say you should eat better :P But then again, BMI doesn't exactly separate muscle mass from body fat, but if you know you're quite skinny you should eat more, within reason of course. Exercising is always a good thing! ^-^
You know your body best, if you exercise alot remember to never skip carbs and protein and always include salads; don't be too cheap on olive oil or butter on your bread. :love:

Ahh I see, I would say I'm pretty normal. Not reeeally skinny and not fat. Just kinda flatness mostly, I could use some muscle. So I should just work on exercise and eating right. :) I tend to either not eat much or just eat fatty foods :P

Rye
06-15-2009, 04:09 AM
I started my work out again! I did 3.5 miles on the treadmill! I burned 400 calories. :jess:

Bastian
06-16-2009, 05:03 AM
I used to HATE running.

Now I LOVE it.

But only in forests. Forests are fun.

Jess
06-16-2009, 08:53 PM
I'm 113lbs and 5"3, so pretty happy with my size over all especially as a few pounds of that is boobs and not belly :jess:

I'm not a member of a gym, but I do a fair bit of walking, drink a lot of water and don't eat too much crap. I lift a few weights at home and do sit-ups. I used to go to the gym every night, and would swim lengths for an hour but that was like, a year and a half ago now.