PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear 360?

Vyk
06-12-2009, 05:23 PM
I'm not a big Gear head, but I know a lot of people are. And considering the stir last year's FF announcement made, having another mostly exclusive franchise go multi-platform to the 360, I would have thought a bigger stir would have happened. Was this previously announced or something? The only time I've ever heard of it was watching videos on live of Microsoft's press conferences. I'm not trying to stir anything, its just that I haven't stumbled across this anywhere on the web (without specifically looking). Anyone know why this might be? Or do people really hate Raiden that much that this doesn't mean much to them? xD Anyone interested? I'm slightly curious... More interested in Alan Wake though

Sephex
06-12-2009, 05:34 PM
I am also very interested in Alan Wake. I'll probably pick that up.

Anyway, this type of stuff doesn't bother me. Every generation I end up having every console because I tend to have a more open mind than most other gamers. Not trying to sound elitist, but if you truly love video games, then why would you shut yourself off to another console(s)?

I am excited to see what they do with the story. I could care less what console it's on.

musashius
06-12-2009, 06:33 PM
I am also very interested in Alan Wake. I'll probably pick that up.

I am excited to see what they do with the story. I could care less what console it's on.

I feel the same, I just haven't had the money to fork over for a PS3 yet because I (regrettably) bought a 360 last year.

edczxcvbnm
06-12-2009, 07:19 PM
Part of the big difference with this game is that it is not Metal Gear Solid 5. It will also probably play very differently than the previous games as well. I think people are viewing this game more like FFXI in that it is a part of the series but it is so different that it kind of isn't or something...that is my story and I am sticking to it!

Bolivar
06-12-2009, 07:42 PM
Anyone know why this might be?

VG247 » Blog Archive » Kojima not directing Metal Gear Solid Rising (http://www.vg247.com/2009/06/03/kojima-not-directing-metal-gear-solid-rising/)

Slothy
06-12-2009, 09:14 PM
Anyone know why this might be?

VG247 » Blog Archive » Kojima not directing Metal Gear Solid Rising (http://www.vg247.com/2009/06/03/kojima-not-directing-metal-gear-solid-rising/)

That could certainly be it. I think that sort of combines with (and may even be a direct cause of) the fact that it's seen largely as a spin-off game. The main story with Snake is finished so I think this is seen as being a lesser game for it since it isn't an integral part of the story that was built up from MGS1-4.

Had 4 gone multi-platform even a year or more after it's release, we probably would have seen more of a stir caused.

sdm42393
06-12-2009, 10:13 PM
I really don't understand why people cause such a raucous over this (head over to some YT videos of Rising and FF13 E3 08 ). It's multi-platform. Big deal. M$ gets it, Sony gets it, Konami gets more money. It's a win-win situation (unless you just own a Wii *sigh*).

Or do people really hate Raiden that much that this doesn't mean much to them? xD

I know I part of the minority when I say this but I was a fan of Raiden before he even became cool in MGS4. :D

Shiny
06-13-2009, 01:45 AM
Hahaha, suck it Sony fanboys/girls. I love MGS 1. <3

Magixion
06-13-2009, 04:27 AM
I absolutely love Raiden. Him and Gray Fox are my all time favorite MGS characters. Anyways, some people have said Kojima is not directing Metal Gear Solid: Rising, but check out this article on 1up.com:

Kojima Took Peace Walker Reins To Guide The Themes: News from 1UP.com (http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3174758)

I quote:

"In a recent issue of Famitsu, Kojima had described Peace Walker as, "The Metal Gear Solid 5 inside me," which also partly explains why he's focusing on the PlayStation Portable game. Metal Gear Solid: Rising (http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=3171234) was also originally supposed to be left to his staff, but Kojima will be taking a relatively strong hand there as well."

That basically sums everything up that the OP asked, I think. It looks like the one on PSP is more of a sequel to the actual MGS series so people are more concerned about that, while Rising seems to be appealing more to us "American 360-ites". :P

Yew-Yevon
06-13-2009, 06:09 PM
It'd be even better if they make Cross platform multiplayer between PS3 & 360 for Rising.

Dreddz
06-14-2009, 07:00 PM
Apparantly they are building an entirely new engine to run this game. Maybe the MGS4 engine really couldn't run on the 360. I really wanted to see another game use it too.

As for this game not being quite the megaton MS hoped for, well its a spin-off that isn't even exclusive which Kojima is barely involved in. I'm still more interested in Rising than Peace Walker though. The idea of a MGS game playing like Ninja Gaiden seems like a dream come true. Plus I'm still a sucker for shiny graphics :) Peace Walker is definitely on my radar though.