PDA

View Full Version : Prom Season

Rye
06-13-2009, 12:39 AM
I just realized that this is the time people are all having their proms! I've been seeing lots of limos about, and now I've realized why.

Did you go to your prom/whatever your country's equivalent is? Was it fun? What did you do for after prom? Did you travel in style? Pix!

My prom was okay. I don't like things of that sort so much. I preferred being made up and getting my dress. I liked my dress a lot. I also liked the limo we took. It was technically one of those party-bus sort of limos. It was on My Super Sweet Sixteen, so it was really expensive, about 200-300 per person, and there was about 40 of us. Nuts! It was really sweet. We went clubbing in Manhattan after, which was really fun. Overall, a nice night!

I think I've lost most of my pics, but here is one from when I was a chubby little red-head mermaid. :bigsmile:

black orb
06-13-2009, 12:47 AM
>>> Nice dress you got there..
Proms and social gathering are not my thing, so i didnt go to mine..

theundeadhero
06-13-2009, 12:50 AM
Prom season was a month or more ago. Most schools should be out now.

:confused:

Yar
06-13-2009, 12:53 AM
Prom season was a month or more ago. Most schools should be out now.

:confused:xD Yeah, really. Like late April, early May.

Rye
06-13-2009, 01:00 AM
My prom was on the 27th of June. xD I graduate on June 29th of last year. This year, prom is a little sooner, apparently, and so is graduation, but it's still at the end of June!

Rocket Edge
06-13-2009, 01:07 AM
You look beautiful Rye. :monster:

My prom (or grad as we call it) was without a doubt the best night of my life. It had everything. The age limit to drink here is 18, and although the majority of us were 17 we were served anyway. The party didn't stop until 5 or 6am. One particular highlight was my friend Paul having a dance-off with his prom-date (who was a professional dancer) in front of the entire class. Awww haha.. just thinking about it now, it was priceless. I had pictures posted here years ago when it was on. I'll give a look for them later..

Namelessfengir
06-13-2009, 01:08 AM
the people in my grade suck so i was disinclined to spend time with them if i didn't need to... sure there were a bunch of cute girls i'd have been happy to spend the night with but dealing with all the morons outweighed them

Shiny
06-13-2009, 01:21 AM
I didn't want to go my prom because I disliked a lot of the seniors and juniors. Most of them smoked skunk smelling weed and thought Every time We Touch was the best song ever. My mom coaxed me in to going so she could get pictures out of it. She took me to Mac to get made up and I got my hair done extravagantly too. Both of which were done hours before the prom. :)

It turns out that I actually had a really good time. I danced pretty much the whole night with various people. Even a few teachers...which was creepy. The only thing I would've liked is a better ending song and a better after party. Going to IHOP sounded lame as hell. Oh, and the truck we drove in was a white Escalade. The driver had a GPS but some how we still got lost. We ended up getting there an hour late because we got lost and also went to something called promenade which is basically when some people (mostly black) go to a church and line up their cars. Then random people take pics of you and gawk at you. It's really friggin' weird and makes you feel like a fish in a bowl.

Jessweeee♪
06-13-2009, 01:23 AM
I want a dress like that :(

I didn't go to prom. I just bummed around the house. Then during my friend's prom we just sat and played Persona 4 xD

EDIT:

Oh gawd Shiny I hate that song. All of my friends are in love with it, too and I want to stab them sometimes :nonono:

Jojee
06-13-2009, 01:31 AM
Oh, prom. I wasn't crazy about my dress or how I looked, but it was a good night. ^_^

Expensive, yummy dinner. Pictures, dancing, pictures. Afterparty at the school - they had a whole activity center kinda thing set up. Back to friend's house, where my two best friends and our dates all crashed in the basement. Cuddling, sexual activities, and sleep under the ping pong table. x]

Bunny
06-13-2009, 02:16 AM
I never went to a dance for my school but I went to my girlfriend's prom. It was boring and waste of both time and money.

The only plus was I looked badass in my suit and all the girls had orgasms.

Peegee
06-13-2009, 02:24 AM
My kid brother is going to his prom tonight!

rubah
06-13-2009, 02:25 AM
I had a private prom tonight! jk just wanted to dress up hot :)

http://www.snowy-day.net/pictures/mes/cocktaildress-cute.jpg
http://www.snowy-day.net/pictures/mes/cocktaildress-nicelegs.jpg

For actual proms, I looked like this http://www.snowy-day.net/pictures/pr0m/100_0316.jpg
http://www.snowy-day.net/pictures/pr0m/PICT1989.JPG

Yar
06-13-2009, 02:31 AM
I did not go to prom. All my close friends had either already graduated or also did not go to prom. xD

Depression Moon
06-13-2009, 02:53 AM
I had no reason to go to prom. Nearly no one in my school liked me and it would have been a waste of time since I would have just been standing around. Wow you get out on the 29th. I'm glad I never had to go to school that for long. My twin cosuins just went this year and I guess I'm happy for them, but I don't like one of the guys she went with he looks fishy.

and I hope they didn't try anything funny either.

Rye
06-13-2009, 03:03 AM
Whoa, her dress is beautiful, that's my favorite color, that blue. Her make-up is nice too! :jess:

Momiji
06-13-2009, 04:14 AM
Pretty much everyone in my class sucked, so of course it was an easy decision to not go.

mooglebunni608
06-13-2009, 06:19 AM
My prom this year was laaaamme. Mainly because all of the people who came were kind of meanies. But also because I had a really cute dress that didn't look cute on me.
And I had a really bad hair cut.
But my hair was pink and I got to see all my friends in their cute fancy clothes, so it was almost worth it.

Quindiana Jones
06-13-2009, 08:52 AM
I've been seeing lots of limos about, and now I've realized why.

It could just be that famous people are stalking you.

I didn't go to my secondary school prom. You may be thinking "Oh Quin, you mopey bastard", but I have a good reason. It was on the 7th July. By that time I'd already gone through 4 different states of America and was currently residing near San Francisco. We do have a "Black and White" dance thing for the end of college, but I'm half cast so I can't go.

Laddy
06-13-2009, 11:13 AM
Aww Rye looks dahling~

Freshmen can't go to prom. =/

Blue Harvest
06-13-2009, 11:28 AM
My 'prom' was just a party in a hotel bar. And we weren't allowed to drink (the one guy that tried to fool the bar staff got thrown out). The teachers that were chaperoning turned a blind eye to those of us drinking in the car park though.

Quindiana Jones
06-13-2009, 06:08 PM
They turned a blind guy to you? What did you do to him?

Blue Harvest
06-13-2009, 06:33 PM
That was one hell of a typo :(

Quindiana Jones
06-13-2009, 06:34 PM
My arse was it! You sexually abused a blind man and now you're covering your tracks.

Blue Harvest
06-13-2009, 06:36 PM
Fuck, he's onto me...

Captain Maxx Power
06-13-2009, 06:44 PM
We don't have proms in the UK. We just go to informal gatherings in hotel bars, get drunk, get felt-up and go home and feel horrible about the depressing wastrels of flesh we are.

Old Manus
06-13-2009, 07:30 PM
My prom was alright. Went down my mates' afterwards to get pissed but I was so tired I fell asleep within a few minutes and woke up in the morning :chef: Too much breakdancing I suppose

Blue Harvest
06-13-2009, 08:16 PM
We don't have proms in the UK. We just go to informal gatherings in hotel bars, get drunk, get felt-up and go home and feel horrible about the depressing wastrels of flesh we are.

Sounds like my sixth form leavers party, except we went to a club and most of us left after about five minutes to go to Burger King.

qwertysaur
06-13-2009, 09:44 PM
My prom was interesting. We decided not to be like everyone else and stay until the end(mainly because my friends Mom was our ride and she was unable to pick us up until the end) and all the teachers brought out alcohol, got drunk and tore up the dance floor.

Watching your teachers get drunk is one of the oddest things to see. xD But they could dance.

Shlup
06-13-2009, 10:25 PM
Yes, I went to prom.

Prom date: 21 April 2001
Wedding date: 28 July 2006

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/ShlupQuack/memorybox.jpg

Heath
06-13-2009, 10:40 PM
I went to my end of term meal at college which was quite nice. Though we ended up in a pub full of drunken Liverpool fans as it was the same night as their Champion's League final loss to AC Milan. My end of school (ROA night) thing was somewhat punctured by a friend of mine getting drunk and having a go at people.

Otherwise they were quite good. I enjoy getting dressed up as I think I look good in a suit.

Rantz
06-13-2009, 11:26 PM
My prom was alright. Went down my mates' afterwards to get pissed but I was so tired I fell asleep within a few minutes and woke up in the morning :chef: Too much breakdancing I suppose

Your prom date was hot.

Breine
06-14-2009, 05:06 PM
I've been to four proms/galla parties at my High School. We have one for each year you're actually studying at the school, and then one the year after you've graduated. They have this tradition of inviting last years graduates back to attend the party.

I wore a black tuxedo with a black bow tie the first three years, but of course the fourth time I had to be all cool and laid-back and I showed up in black jeans and a dark green button shirt.

All four of them were a blast, and with all the students of the entire school attending the parties are always huge and a lot of fun! There's something special about being formally dressed and getting pissed :bigsmile:

Old Manus
06-14-2009, 05:30 PM

Your prom date was hot.Best sex I've ever had