PDA

View Full Version : Heavy Rain

Jessweeee♪
06-14-2009, 05:37 AM
Heavy Rain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavy_Rain)
YouTube - Heavy Rain Gameplay Trailer HD (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtQHHwcDYgs&feature=related)

Looks pretty neat! Like a visual novel but not so visual-novely. I definitely want to give it a try.

Vyk
06-14-2009, 06:08 AM
This is one of the few games that's ever had me interested in the PS3. I liked their previous games. But it looks heavy on the quick-time events. I dunno if I can appreciate that kinda gameplay much anymore..

MrNash
06-14-2009, 08:31 AM
The developer of this game made Indigo Prophecy a few years back, which was quite good (and Omicron way before that). I'm definitely looking forward to this game.

Levian
06-14-2009, 01:15 PM
Haha, these guys actually made Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy? Heavy Rain sounds very interesting and when I first read the plot, I told a friend "they better not pull a Fahrenheit and go all crazy in the second half of the game"

I'll definitely buy the game though! Even if it's just to help encourage the gaming industry to make more interesting games.

Dreddz
06-14-2009, 06:14 PM
My most anticipated game by far (if it wasn't obvious from the sig). This level of dynamic storytelling can only be done through games and I'm glad some developers have realised this.

I am a little skeptical though. I'm behind this game's idea 100% but it could go sour very easily. If this games story ends up being underwelming (like Farenheits) then it could ruin the entire game. Lousy writing and bad voice acting could botch up the game also.

Bolivar
06-14-2009, 06:19 PM
I am a little skeptical though. I'm behind this game's idea 100% but it could go sour very easily. If this games story ends up being underwelming (like Farenheits) then it could ruin the entire game. Lousy writing and bad voice acting could botch up the game also.

Yeah they're really treading on a thin line. It really has potential to be something mindblowing, though.

Did this get pushed back to 2010? I hear White Knight Chronicles did as well. Weird how PS3 went from a great lineup fall 2009 to a phenomenal lineup Spring 2010.

Dreddz
06-14-2009, 06:45 PM
Did this get pushed back to 2010? I hear White Knight Chronicles did as well. Weird how PS3 went from a great lineup fall 2009 to a phenomenal lineup Spring 2010.

I was sure it was just a rumor but it seems like most sites took it seriously and have the game listed as early 2010. Hopefully it still manages to be pushed out by years end.

From what I know WKC is being pushed back to add more features and refine the online play. If not then they sure are doing a piss poor job localising the game. Shame the two games had to be pushed back, the PS3 really had a lot going for it in 09. 2010 looks to be an incredibly year though.

musashius
06-14-2009, 10:26 PM
I loved Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy and thought Omikron was pretty interesting (though poorly executed), so I can see myself really enjoying Heavy Rain. I like that David Cage emphasizes a very cinematic experience in his games.

darkchrono
06-15-2009, 01:46 AM
Is this game similar to a Silent Hill type of game or does it take a more realistic approach to horror? Much like psychological horror movies compared to monster movies.