PDA

View Full Version : General vs. EoEO

Bastian
06-16-2009, 08:35 PM
I have difficulty figuring out where a thread should go sometimes. Are there any clear definitions?

Momiji
06-16-2009, 08:36 PM
Simply said, put it in EoEO if you don't want to be trolled or if it's a sensitive topic. EoEO's a more strict forum for serious topics. Pretty much anything goes in General Chat as long as it isn't pointless spam (and even then that sometimes gets by) and as long as it follows forum guidelines.

Aerith's Knight
06-16-2009, 08:40 PM
If it's a topic about being gay, embracing gayness, the acceptance (or not) of being gay in the society or anything relating to Hugh Jackman, EoEO is the place for you, seeing as that's 50% of the topics there anyway. >_>

The rest is religious tolerance, politics and some kind of alternating livejournal.

rubah
06-16-2009, 10:16 PM
put it in EoEO if you don't want to be trolled

theundeadhero
06-16-2009, 10:16 PM
Religious tolerance? I don't see much of that in there. More like Christian bashing.

Psychotic
06-16-2009, 10:26 PM
General Chat reply to this thread: From the thread title, I had thought the war had finally started and was ready to purge EoEO and its depraved residents from my beloved EoFF.

EoEO reply to this thread: General Chat is exactly what it says it is. Just a place to have some casual chat about whatever comes to mind. EoEO is for more serious discussion, usually either about a personal issue or something you want to get off your chest, or for debate about issues.

Aerith's Knight
06-16-2009, 10:30 PM
AK reply to this thread: Let's roll around in green Jello and see if the table starts talking to us. If all else fails, we'll use blue.

Parker
06-16-2009, 10:38 PM
one time a thread i made about a fat kid wearing a final fantasy shirt got moved to general final fatasy

i wish it got moved to EoEO imagine the possibilities

Tavrobel
06-16-2009, 10:43 PM
It says what stuff is for in the forum description.

Flaming and spam are more strictly dealt with here than in the other forums.

The big, giant, small text that translates out to "no trolling." Not that it stops people who are better at hiding their trolling under "sophisticated words" and "intellectual discourse." Ohh, wait.

AK reply to this thread: Let's roll around in green Jello and see if the table starts talking to us. If all else fails, we'll use blue.

But some of us are already blue. If we were green, we would die.

Leeza
06-16-2009, 10:47 PM
If you want serious discussion on any topic at all, from discussing your favourite ice cream to anything personal, world events, etc....it goes into EoEO. General Chat is more lax. Sometime EoEO gets a bit lax but you never know when the hammer is going to come down and EoEO bans start taking place so it's best to keep all off-topic/spammy posts out of there. As a rule, we do not move threads from one forum to the other, regardless of the topic, unless specifically requested to do so by the thread starter.

Blue Harvest
06-16-2009, 10:52 PM
BH reply to this thread: Hey baby wanna get a room? :jokey:

theundeadhero
06-16-2009, 10:58 PM
Oh man, I miss World Events. I miss the political arguments that when on there.

rubah
06-16-2009, 10:58 PM
btw, this is the hammer she means http://www.snowy-day.net/stuff/art/silly/hammar.gif

Shlup
06-16-2009, 11:04 PM
If you like a girl and want advice for getting her to like you back and you post your query in EoEO we will tell you to start by hanging out with her in non-threatening settings like group dates; if you ask in GC we will tell you to have sex with her mom.

theundeadhero
06-16-2009, 11:13 PM
Surprisingly, both work!

Peegee
06-16-2009, 11:16 PM
Actually hit on every one of her relatives except her. I might be banned from seeing some people soon.

Aerith's Knight
06-16-2009, 11:20 PM
Actually hit on every one of her relatives except her.

I'd rather hit on her too and see where that leads. >_>

Yar
06-17-2009, 06:03 AM
You put a topic in EoEO if you don't want it to be fun.

Meat Puppet
06-17-2009, 06:37 AM
Sometime EoEO gets a bit lax but you never know when the hammer is going to come down and EoEO bans start taking place
That’s what makes it so exciting
it’s like a game

Araciel
06-17-2009, 07:20 AM
Posting in General=fun or random responses.

EOEO=life advice and genuine thought from time to time.

General wins.

Breine
06-17-2009, 08:00 AM
If it's a topic about being gay, embracing gayness, the acceptance (or not) of being gay in the society or anything relating to Hugh Jackman, EoEO is the place for you, seeing as that's 50% of the topics there anyway. >_>

The rest is religious tolerance, politics and some kind of alternating livejournal.

Qft xD

Old Manus
06-17-2009, 11:15 AM
I'd reiterate what pretty much everyone in the thread just said but I think once you get told 21 times, you've passed the threshold for the amount of times you can read the same post.

One day I'm going to make a thread in EoEO about favourite flavour of ice cream, just so everyone has to take it DEADLY seriously.

nik0tine
06-17-2009, 11:20 AM
If you want to know more about EoEO, a complete summary can be found right here. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCgoBnSCt0c&feature=related)

Quindiana Jones
06-17-2009, 06:19 PM
General Chat reply to this thread: From the thread title, I had thought the war had finally started and was ready to purge EoEO and its depraved residents from my beloved EoFF.

EoEO reply to this thread: General Chat is exactly what it says it is. Just a place to have some casual chat about whatever comes to mind. EoEO is for more serious discussion, usually either about a personal issue or something you want to get off your chest, or for debate about issues.

This is the best way to put it.

Bastian
06-18-2009, 02:12 AM
If you like a girl and want advice for getting her to like you back and you post your query in EoEO we will tell you to start by hanging out with her in non-threatening settings like group dates; if you ask in GC we will tell you to have sex with her mom.

This is probably the most clear and succinct definition. I totally get it now! Thanks guys!

Peegee
06-18-2009, 02:50 AM
Actually hit on every one of her relatives except her.

I'd rather hit on her too and see where that leads. >_>

Waste of time. She'll get jealous because she's the only one you haven't hit on.

Nominus Experse
06-18-2009, 03:34 AM
egngs.

KentaRawr!
06-18-2009, 03:53 AM

I love how I get this reference.

General Chat is where we all act as the idiots we are.
EoEO is where we all masquerade as intellectuals and make fields for scarecrows to pretend to be kings.

You're doing that now, just in reverse. :p

Jiro
06-18-2009, 07:06 AM

I love how I get this reference.

I didn't know if it was just me or what. It's clever :p