PDA

View Full Version : Evraaaaae~

Dynast-Kid
06-16-2009, 08:38 PM
When I think back to my first playthrough of FFX, I certainly remember one boss in particular...

...Evrae.

I think I seriously spent like, 4 months trying to beat him! He was soooo hard to beat to me! I had to have lost his battle at least 50 times. I remember the immense joy I felt once I FINALLY KILLED HIM!

And seriously WTF was Evrae Altana about!? I threw like, 2 Phoenix Downs and he's already dead! (Parenthetically, Evrae Altana is my favorite name from any video game).

Did anyone else have lots of trouble with Evrae!? And in your opinion, who was the most difficult boss in the game??

Heath
06-16-2009, 11:06 PM
The most annoying aspects of Evrae were it's large amounts of health and its rather irritating resistance to fire, water, thunder and ice magic. I remember finding it annoying initially, but not terribly difficult. I recently replayed FFX - picking up a save when I was using every character in every battle - and easily killed it when I knew what I was doing in the game. Slightly disappointing, but still a very fun boss battle.

Most difficult boss is most definitely that Spectral Keeper before Yunalesca. Very irritating. I remember finding the third Seymour battle very difficult initially too.

Dynast-Kid
06-16-2009, 11:21 PM
Most difficult boss is most definitely that Spectral Keeper before Yunalesca. Very irritating. I remember finding the third Seymour battle very difficult initially too.

From what i've heard, alot of people had trouble with the Spectral Keeper, but I had no trouble at all! I never once got killed by his bomb thingies and he went down easy for me. I thought the Sanctuary Keeper at Mt. Gagazet was a bit tougher.

And I think you're talking about Seymour Flux, and I think everyone who played the game thought he was hard! I certainly did!

Pete for President
06-16-2009, 11:25 PM
Evrae, Sanctuary Keeper and Yunalesca were a real pain on my first playthrough. Never had much trouble with Seymour though.

They all go down easy once you've beaten the game once imo.

rubah
06-16-2009, 11:52 PM
Trick to evrae:

teach someone dispell! (kimarhi) God, just him not being Perma-hasted helps so much.

(I had a lot of trouble with him the first time)

Jiro
06-17-2009, 02:39 AM
Seymour on Mount Gagazet was the toughest boss for me, followed by Evrae. That being said, I actually haven't beat Seymour inside Sin yet, due to laziness/ I think my file was deleted.

Seymour on Gagazet was a bitch, so I spent a month or so just leveling around a save point until I got Bio for Lulu which helped quite considerably.

blackmage_nuke
06-17-2009, 04:32 AM
Yunalesca wasnt exactly a walk in the park

Jessweeee♪
06-17-2009, 04:32 AM
The first Seymour fight (haha) and Yunalesca's third form ;_;

Zeromus_X
06-17-2009, 08:22 AM
I remember having a really hard time with him too.

It was either him, one of Seymour's forms, or Yunalesca who were the hardest for me.

Marky Tee
06-18-2009, 09:44 AM
ive never even scratched any of the dark aeons :(

G13
06-19-2009, 08:55 AM
The only thing I hated about Evrae was how he kept swoopin' up on me when I tried using the airship to attack. He posed quite a problem my first time playing X, but he's a cinch now.

The bosses I had the most trouble with were all of Seymour's forms, Spectral Keeper, and, surprisingly, Yu Yevon. X was the first one I'd ever played so I didn't know to look for the "perks" to killing certain enemies (zombie weaknesses for example).

Markus. D
06-19-2009, 11:32 AM
Yunalesca... followed by the Dark Aeons (pre-preparing ovcourse ;p)!

killiancurse21
06-22-2009, 10:06 AM
Seymour on Mount Gagazet was the toughest boss for me, followed by Evrae. That being said, I actually haven't beat Seymour inside Sin yet, due to laziness/ I think my file was deleted.

Seymour on Gagazet was a bitch, so I spent a month or so just leveling around a save point until I got Bio for Lulu which helped quite considerably.

Combine Bio and Haste on him (he only moves once for each turn Morti gets, yet Poison still takes effect on those do-nothing turns) and watch the party. :D

For me, it was Sinspawn Gui, Evrae and Sanctuary Keeper the first time. Sinspawn Gui still gives me hell... >_>

Omni-Odin
06-28-2009, 09:37 AM

No doubt the hardest boss for me. I must've leveled 2 hours before him before I could actually beat him. However, while he was my hardest boss, he was no doubt my favorite in the game. That's when you know a true FF playa.

killiancurse21
06-28-2009, 01:02 PM
He was just annoying. My favourite out of the non-optional ones was Sanctuary Keeper, simply because he actually had some degree of intelligence.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
07-03-2009, 02:00 PM
I remember on my first play through, I kept losing to Seymour on Mt. Gagazet, Yunalesca, and Evrae. The same goes for the next few play throughs I did after that.

But on the file I started earlier this week, I have dominated. I am at the Bevelle cloister of trials right now. And of all the bosses so far, I've not had to use more than 1 healing item for each boss. Except Evrae, I used a few al bhed potions.

Skyblade
07-03-2009, 11:27 PM
Any boss that relied heavily on statuses, such as Yunalesca or the guardian beast on Gagazet (who used confusion) were a pain to fight, because status protection was annoyingly hard to come by in X, until you got the airship. Unless you were willing to farm forever.

killiancurse21
07-05-2009, 01:10 AM
Which is why it was easier to use the statuses to your advantage, or just heal them.

Also, Confuse Ward wasn't at all hard to get, and it was sufficient to completely prevent being confused by both Sanctuary Keeper and Yunalesca.

Depression Moon
07-05-2009, 06:34 PM
Damn this thread is bringing back memories I forgot the game had several difficult moments. Evrae was hard on my first playthrough too.

Trick to evrae:

teach someone dispell! (kimarhi) God, just him not being Perma-hasted helps so much.

I don't think you're even close to Dispell in that part of the game.
Atlanta was easy too. He might made you think he was hard if you gave him enough time to pretrify anybody.
Spectral Keeper still gave me trouble. It wasn't more of the bombs it was more of how much damage he deals and his range. He could hit three people at once.
Santuary Keeper was pretty tough too because of his badbreath and curse. Yunalesca first time. My big brother was cussing up a storm. Make sure to buy plenty of holy waters before hand.

Third Seymour still hard. His total annhilation move is what gave us all the most trouble if he didn't have that then we would've been all set.

Dark Aeons
Seriously you can knock all of them out with one hit unless you got Anima and the Magus Sisters.