PDA

View Full Version : Swine flu

Iceglow
06-17-2009, 07:49 PM
Well I have a flu virus, it could be swine flu since 2 staff members who work at the topshop store 5 doors up from my own store have definitely been confirmed as swine flu victims but I'm too manly to go to the doctors with this flu unless it's actually going to kill me. So far it hasn't. I suffer with hayfever too which means this is really wiping my energy reserves out I can't go work it's simply not safe (I was in yesterday and nearly passed out twice in the first 3 hours) so I'm sitting at home willing my body to fight harder, faster and better against the flu virus.

So in the case of Steve vs Swine Flu I'm going to kick this bloody virus' ass sooo hard it's going to die the death of deaths. I'm going to kick it's ass then I'm going to kick it's moms ass for being so dumb as to bring this worthless bug of a virus in to this world. It will happen in 2 days, this is day 1 tomorrow is day 2 for day 3 is my birthday and no way in hell will I be ill then!

Whats your thoughts on swine flu? Are you a lil' scared or are you like me thinking "bring this :bou::bou::bou::bou: on!" and up for kicking it's ass?

Old Manus
06-17-2009, 07:56 PM
:bou::bou::bou::bou:, this potential outbreak needs to be quarantined. Sorry Iceglow, but for the good of the team you're gonna have to be permabanned. It was fun, my friend http://i.pbase.com/o5/04/557904/1/67726108.1Je0Ivie.salute.gif

Iceglow
06-17-2009, 07:57 PM
Noooooo I can't be permabanned! I'm just too cool!

Fujiko
06-17-2009, 08:13 PM
Well I have a flu virus, it could be swine flu since 2 staff members who work at the topshop store 5 doors up from my own store have definitely been confirmed as swine flu victims but I'm too manly to go to the doctors with this flu unless it's actually going to kill me. So far it hasn't. I suffer with hayfever too which means this is really wiping my energy reserves out I can't go work it's simply not safe (I was in yesterday and nearly passed out twice in the first 3 hours) so I'm sitting at home willing my body to fight harder, faster and better against the flu virus.

So in the case of Steve vs Swine Flu I'm going to kick this bloody virus' ass sooo hard it's going to die the death of deaths. I'm going to kick it's ass then I'm going to kick it's moms ass for being so dumb as to bring this worthless bug of a virus in to this world. It will happen in 2 days, this is day 1 tomorrow is day 2 for day 3 is my birthday and no way in hell will I be ill then!

Whats your thoughts on swine flu? Are you a lil' scared or are you like me thinking "bring this :bou::bou::bou::bou: on!" and up for kicking it's ass?

I think the flu got to your braincells already; what the heck is wrong with you? You can't seriously tell me that that is your attitude toward something as serious as the swine flu? Go see a doctor. Today. Right now.

Parker
06-17-2009, 08:21 PM
http://xs840.xs.to/xs840/09253/varken649.gif sorry about the swine flu lol ill just do a dance

Psychotic
06-17-2009, 08:24 PM
http://xs840.xs.to/xs840/09253/varken649.gif sorry about the swine flu lol ill just do a danceThis is the best post I have seen this month. :laugh:

Quindiana Jones
06-17-2009, 08:42 PM
As far as I'm aware, swine flu poses the same risks as normal flu. Iceglow is a fit young man. Should be fine. I'd still advise going to the doctor's though. Not for any medical reasons, but you should try to almost die but just manage to pull through. Never know, you may end up on the telly!

That's what I'd do if I was getting porky. Also, I would kick swine flus ass so hard that it's last 10 fatalities would make miraculous recoveries.

smittenkitten
06-17-2009, 09:10 PM
I thought I had it because the parents of my friend's girlfriend came back from Mexico with the symptoms, but they were eventually cleared. You see my friend at the cold from them and gave it to me so I had a wee panick. Only one person in the UK has died from Swine Flu.

Aerith's Knight
06-17-2009, 09:20 PM
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/swine_flu.png

Quindiana Jones
06-17-2009, 09:21 PM
I love you, AK.

~*~Celes~*~
06-17-2009, 11:10 PM
I love you, AK.

Seconded :love::love:

Also, Steve, go to the doc if you're not better on your birthday please :(

Iceglow
06-18-2009, 12:17 AM
I think the flu got to your braincells already; what the heck is wrong with you? You can't seriously tell me that that is your attitude toward something as serious as the swine flu? Go see a doctor. Today. Right now.

I can tell you that this is my attitude to something as "serious" as swine flu. The reason being that there has been only one fatality from Swine Flu in the UK, that woman had underlying medical problems and was weakened from giving birth. As Quin said, Swine flu is just like a severe flu virus and I'm not a weak medically speaking person. Swine flu's fatality is greatly exaggerated as was the fatality rate of other such viruses like Bird Flu, Sars ect ect. Until I end up dying from one of these viruses I will laugh at them and poke fun at the idea of having one. That said if the eventuality was I ended up dying from one of these viruses in the world I would let Psy write my epitaph since it would be very fitting since he generally hears my flu infested chatter on Xbox Live and thus my wit and attitude towards this.

I love you, AK.

Seconded :love::love:

Also, Steve, go to the doc if you're not better on your birthday please :(

AK, that was genius I have to agree :) As was Parker's claiming responsibility.

Celes, I'll go to the doctors if I'm still too ill to go work on Monday, until then I consider it wasting everyone's time.

Fuzakeru
06-18-2009, 01:31 AM
Ice! Be careful, dude! D:

Eat less pork.

Meat Puppet
06-18-2009, 01:49 AM
After going through LAX, I started experiencing flu-like symptoms. Worried it may be swine flu, I didn’t see a doctor, and I tried to appear as healthy as normal, hoping it would blow over. I kept saying to myself that, if I’m still sick in a couple of days, I’ll see a doctor. It lasted only about 2 weeks and then I was as fit as a fiddle. Unfortunately, I’ve developed a far worse illness since then (Devil’s Haircut).

~*~Celes~*~
06-18-2009, 02:30 AM
:) ok

lol@MP

Aerith's Knight
06-18-2009, 07:15 AM
So nobody got that I was trying to suggest he lick an autistic kid?

Quindiana Jones
06-18-2009, 06:36 PM
Iceglow does that anyway for sporting purposes.

NeoTifa
06-19-2009, 12:34 AM
Ohhh AK luvluv for the xkcd <3<3<3 I think I have it or something lol. I have been seriously sick for the past couple of days, but they didn't take any blood work. :\ I has meds though.

Aerith's Knight
06-19-2009, 12:45 AM
Let's get some statistics for the US.

Winter flu: 19,404 reported cases
Swine flu: 91 reported cases.

You have at a maximum a 0.47% chance of it being Swine flu, probably less, seeing as normal people don't go to a hospital for a winter flu.

Heath
06-19-2009, 12:47 AM
Let's get some statistics for the US.

Winter flu: 19,404 reported cases
Swine flu: 91 reported cases.

You have at a maximum a 0.47% chance of it being Swine flu, probably less, seeing as normal people don't go to a hospital for a winter flu.

Not quite sure where you're getting 91 cases from...

BBC NEWS | UK | Swine flu: Country by country (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8083179.stm)

Aerith's Knight
06-19-2009, 12:49 AM
lol, that's actually a lot. Mine's probably a highly outdated source. :p