PDA

View Full Version : FF Birthday Party

RoyalShichibukai
06-18-2009, 07:32 PM
Here is the situation, my Best Friend is turning 21. So for her 21st birthday party I am throwing her a huge FF themed party. The best thing we have is the ice. I got a spherical ice tray and I am going to use food color dyed water to make materia. I will use these ice balls for decorations and for ice for drinks. I also have a bunch of fun surprises like live music, cosplay, and ect. I will also have FF decorations and I will personal cook and cater all the food at the party. She is aware of the party and most of the general plans like the food, decorations, and live music. But she also wants to be surprise like, not knowing how the cake is decorated or what songs would be played. I would go into more detail, but I would not want her to find out via this form. It would ruin the surprise. I have most of the party planned out, but I have hit a few snags. The truth is, and I apologize in advance, I am new to FF. She on the other hand is an expert, but I can’t go to her for everything or it will ruin the surprise. This is where I need help, for the party the food is going to be FF themed. I need ideas that can be linked to the worlds of FF. Drinks are not a worry; I have found that detail collage party drink list of FF drinks. I need ideas for food and decorations, for food I have a $400 dollar budget and $200 dollar budget for decorations. I would greatly appreciated any Ideas, I still need 2 appetizers, 2 sides, 1 main course, and 1 deserts. Thank for your help, I just want to give my Best Friend the party she deserves.

Rantz
06-18-2009, 07:43 PM
Cactuar cake! :D

KentaRawr!
06-18-2009, 07:50 PM
I'd recommend decorating the cake with something that goes over a large array of Final Fantasy titles, but isn't recognized for their personality, but the simple fact that they're well known. For example, moogles, cactuar, and chocobos. But if you were to go with a character like Cloud, Cecil, or Squall, certain people may find certain characters dislikable, as they can be directly compared to other characters in the series that serve the same purpose. Also, using characters like moogles and cactuar make it so that no matter which FF a person has played, they've probably seen those characters somewhere.

As for the music, I think you should try to figure out which musical tracks she likes the best. There are some tracks that appear in multiple titles, but they aren't exactly the types of tracks that make you go "WOW!". They're more like "Oh, hey, that's this theme. Cool.".

~*~Celes~*~
06-18-2009, 07:52 PM
Decorations...hmm...

You could buy little figurines off of ebay and put them like on a piece of cardboard to make a model of a fight! Like for example, buy Yuna, Tidus, and Wakka figurines and glue them side by side facing a Seymour figurine!

It's not much but it's a cute idea, I think :)

Also, you have to be the best friend ever to come up with this :D

Quindiana Jones
06-18-2009, 07:52 PM

YES.

Jessweeee♪
06-18-2009, 08:10 PM
Wow, that materia ice sounds awesome. You should label the drink containers things like "Potion" or "Elixer" or "Ether." These are healing items in the games (you can actually buy promotional Potion drinks IRL).

Hmmm, do you know what particular Final Fantasy titles are her favorites, and which if any she dislikes?

rubah
06-18-2009, 08:13 PM
find some pyreflies (leds)

Yar
06-18-2009, 08:15 PM
Give everyone geostigma.

Aerith's Knight
06-18-2009, 08:24 PM
A hooker jumping out of the cake always says true friend.

Levian
06-18-2009, 08:35 PM
Just knock her unconscious with a candlestick when she enters the door and let her sleep till the morning. If she says she doesn't remember anything from the birthday party just tell her she's been equipping one too many guardian forces.

Dynast-Kid
06-18-2009, 09:28 PM

Best idea so far!

You should get an ice scuplture shaped like Shiva. :bigsmile:

blackmage_nuke
06-18-2009, 10:45 PM
If someone passes out from too much alcohol then cover them in red feathers and when the paramedics arrive tell them you went through your whole supply of phoenix downs but none of them worked.

black orb
06-18-2009, 11:29 PM
Here is the situation, my Best Friend is turning 21. So for her 21st birthday party I am throwing her a huge FF themed party. The best thing we have is the ice. I got a spherical ice tray and I am going to use food color dyed water to make materia. I will use these ice balls for decorations and for ice for drinks. I also have a bunch of fun surprises like live music, cosplay, and ect. I will also have FF decorations and I will personal cook and cater all the food at the party. She is aware of the party and most of the general plans like the food, decorations, and live music. But she also wants to be surprise like, not knowing how the cake is decorated or what songs would be played. I would go into more detail, but I would not want her to find out via this form. It would ruin the surprise. I have most of the party planned out, but I have hit a few snags. The truth is, and I apologize in advance, I am new to FF. She on the other hand is an expert, but I can’t go to her for everything or it will ruin the surprise. This is where I need help, for the party the food is going to be FF themed. I need ideas that can be linked to the worlds of FF. Drinks are not a worry; I have found that detail collage party drink list of FF drinks. I need ideas for food and decorations, for food I have a $400 dollar budget and $200 dollar budget for decorations. I would greatly appreciated any Ideas, I still need 2 appetizers, 2 sides, 1 main course, and 1 deserts. Thank for your help, I just want to give my Best Friend the party she deserves.

>>> Duude, you are like the best friend ever.. :cry::cry::cry: Im truly moved by your FF Birthday Party.
Make an Aeris cake, the cactuar one is a good idea too.

I think your friend will love you for this..

b1o
06-18-2009, 11:40 PM
oh my gosh... Levian you're briliant. *idea noted*

qwertysaur
06-18-2009, 11:55 PM
Sounds delicious!

When the cake is cut play the victory fanfare!

Namelessfengir
06-19-2009, 12:05 AM
for that aeris cake, you need a big damn knife to cut it!!!

huge omelet say it came from a chocobo egg

oh and invite us

Levian
06-19-2009, 12:07 AM
oh my gosh... Levian you're briliant. *idea noted*

Hey, you remembered this place!

b1o
06-19-2009, 12:21 AM
hehe. hey i have very little time okey. okey i had little time, so i'll try and be here a little more often and contribute a little more to the comunity :D

oh an idea... Heat up some poptarts?

NeoTifa
06-19-2009, 12:30 AM
Best idea EVAR!!! Have a pinata shaped like Rinoa. Everybody wants to beat the :bou::bou::bou::bou: out of her.

Depression Moon
06-19-2009, 01:02 AM
I don't get you all with the Cactuar cake sounds horrible. Imagine biting into one of those and opening your mouth to find a needle on your tongue and blood.

I wish you were my friend. I would love to have an FF themed party are u a guy or girl? Looks like we've got a good topic here. It's been a while for a one that made me this gitty.

b1o
06-19-2009, 01:13 AM
scratch the poptarts. rather make a cake with this written on it:
i'm aeris, you're tifa
Lets do the nasteh

Vyk
06-19-2009, 02:36 AM
This made me think of this: Final Fantasy Night! (http://www.scrollbar.dk/events/20080509.Final.Fantasy.Night/)

RoyalShichibukai
06-19-2009, 04:40 AM
Thank you for everyone’s help. You guys gave me many great ideas. Just to note the cake is already planned and drinks are covered, we are using the FF night for recipes. I would appreciate more ideas for food. Also, I am a guy to answer Depression Moon’s question.

Jessweeee♪
06-19-2009, 04:51 AM
Get lots of nuts and green vegetables and call them Kupo Nuts and Gyashi Greens! That might be kind of cheesy, though xD

Namelessfengir
06-19-2009, 05:22 AM
wings

ball melons and dye blue say there blitz balls

meatballs with hot sauce say they're bombs

tidus ate spaghetti, then never ate again the whole game....

Depression Moon
06-19-2009, 05:25 PM
Best idea so far!

You should get an ice scuplture shaped like Shiva. :bigsmile:
That'd be hot or cool? Well the question with that would be which Shiva to base it off of.

I heard that there are FF potion drinks, but I heard that they taste like medicine which I guess makes sense. I remember another thread where someone here was having a college party that was serving FF themed alcoholic drinks. Can't remember any of them though.

It would also be a nice surprise when she turns the lights and when everybody yells HAPPY BIRTHDAY! to have a large man run up to her in a Behemoth or Malboro costume.

Rebellious Eagle
06-19-2009, 06:18 PM
Best idea EVAR!!! Have a pinata shaped like Rinoa. Everybody wants to beat the :bou::bou::bou::bou: out of her.

Or Tidus. He'd be even more fun to beat up.