PDA

View Full Version : NTSC PSone

Carl the Llama
06-18-2009, 10:48 PM
Hi, im looking into purchaseing an NTSC Playstation but havnt had much luck on finding such a console as I live in the UK and was hoping to buy it from a UK or EU area, could someone help me out?

Jessweeee♪
06-18-2009, 11:26 PM
I can't even find one in the US :(

Ebay or something like that is your best bet, I guess.

Araciel
06-19-2009, 02:02 AM
Emulators are illegal. Just sayin'.

Carl the Llama
06-19-2009, 02:49 AM
Emulators are illegal. Just sayin'.

No, actully they arent if you own the console you are emulateing.

Araciel
06-19-2009, 03:06 AM
Yea but you need to dump the bios from your specific system or something... anyway it's easier than owning a console... and better in almost every way.

Carl the Llama
06-19-2009, 03:17 AM
I know how emu's work, its how I am able to play the PS games I import. I tend to disagree with you saying its better; how is it better? it doesnt enhance the graphics or anything and not all people have a controller to play the said games with, plus with games such as Lunar SSSC there will most likely be glitches that smurf up your game, and the final (and imo most important) reason, my tv is considerably larger then my monitor and therefor is superior.

Araciel
06-19-2009, 03:28 AM
All of those things can be solved but it takes having a good comp, knowing how to alter the plugin setup (or being lucky enough to find a setup that solves any of the aforementioned glitches), having an xbox 360 corded controller, a video card with s-video or RCA out..

Better due to built in save states, cheats if you like them, being able to play at faster speeds with frame skipping.. yea

It's personal preference I guess but I loves my emulators :D

Fire_Emblem776
06-21-2009, 03:34 AM
Ebay, half.com, just ask them if they do international shippping.

KentaRawr!
07-08-2009, 03:25 AM
Graphics can be enhanced through emulation, actually.

But PSX games generally look bad anyhow. You're probably playing them for different reasons. :p