PDA

View Full Version : All in the family

Rye
06-19-2009, 03:16 AM
Learning about the families of other EoFFers interests me. Talk a little bit about your family!

My father was born in Italy and lived there as a child. My mother grew up in New York. I am the first born child in my entire generation in my family, and I'm the first Italian-American in my entire family. My brother, Michael, is two years younger than me and has Asperger's Syndrome.

On my mom's side, I have an aunt and an uncle. Each have two children. My Uncle has a little girl named Kristen, and a 13 year old son named Zachary who has Asperger's Syndrome. My Aunt has Sarah, and a younger daughter, Samantha, who just graduated from Pre-K. She has Asperger's Syndrome too, which is weird, because it's so rare in girls. Those two girls are beautiful. They look almost identical, and are blonde with great big hazel eyes.

I have two other cousins that I don't talk to much or see much at all. They are Italian-Cuban, and one is just a year younger than me.

I've never met either of my grandfathers, but my grandmas both live nearby. One of them my step grandfather, the other moved here recently from Italy. Italian Grandma is a cruel mean woman. Italian Grandma was a rich only child from Bologna, and my Italian grandpa was a poor farm boy from the country side of Modena. My Italian grandpa was so handsome, he looked like the head of a Mafia, in photos.

My American Grandma is very pretty and stately looking. She looks like a Queen to me, she looks like a slightly older Julie Andrews. She's a cancer survivor! My step-grandpa is really cool, he's over 80 years old, and he's always doing things like horse riding and going around the world, and running the senior citizen clubs with my grandma. My real grandfather on my mom's side died when I was only a baby. Apparently, he's the only person in the family who is very similar to me in personality.

That's just about it!

Momiji
06-19-2009, 03:45 AM
Well, I guess I'll start with my parents. Dad's side first, I suppose. My dad was adopted by my grandmother and grandfather, and was raised in rural-ish Indiana with my aunt, also adopted. Even today, my grandmother lives in the same town as us. My grandfather was killed in an accident three months before I was born. Obviously, I have never met him.

My dad's side of the family is huge-- the family tree looks like a cluttered mess! There are so many people that even my dad or my grandma have never even met. However, there are very few that I know well. There's my aunt, who is married to a pastor in Michigan. They have three kids- Jonathon, Timothy, and Joshua. We just recently found out that Jonathon has Asperger's Syndrome as well-- it's not very apparent since he's so quiet, but if you talk to him about something he likes, you can't get him to shut up. He's a year older than me, and the oldest of the cousins on dad's side of the family.

As for dad's side's origins, I'm not sure. I think our ancestors came from Germany... I don't know. I'd have to ask grandma for the family records.

Then there's my mom's side, which would actually be pretty small if it wasn't for all of the divorces on that side. Because of those, we have a lot of stepfamilies in addition. You could say divorce is an epidemic on that side-- my grandma and grandpa on that side divorced when my mom was like 2 years old (and grandma has divorced and remarried multiple times), my aunt's been divorced, my uncle's been divorced, and my mom and dad divorced when I was 12. All three have remarried, so that adds other families to the tree, I guess.

Because of all the divorces, there's also a lot of fighting and stupid petty :bou::bou::bou::bou: going on on mom's side. I roll my eyes and stay out of it. It's kind of funny, really. When my mom remarried, she married into a huge family that gets along really well. It was almost surreal when I met them for the first time. Everyone was friendly and happy, and no one was fighting. There was no tension, no bitterness, and they accepted me, my mom, and my brother (as well as the rest of my drama llama family on that side) with open arms. I had never seen such a thing before.

As for cousins, there's Jenni and Bryant, my uncle's kids. They're both a couple of years older than me, and no one can tell that we're related since they were born from a Korean mother (who my uncle divorced when both of my cousins were babies). Neither of them can remember her, but Jenni's interested in meeting her someday. Then there's Chase, Kylee, and Mason, my aunt's kids.

There's also my grandmother's current husband's 4 kids, three of which are in the military. April is the only one who isn't, and she has 4 kids-- Kaleb, Kaiden, Keaton, and Ava. We see April a lot, since she's one of my mom's closest friends. I'm not exactly sure what we are in relation though. I just consider them my aunts and uncles all the same, even if the youngest of the four is a year older than me. I still jokingly call him my uncle anyway. I consider Kaleb, Kaiden, Keaton, and Ava as cousins as well. I don't know any of them very well, since they're all so young (like, all 10 and under, Ava was just born almost two years ago (her birthday is next month iirc)). Oh yeah, and April's been divorced too. xD

There's also my great-grandma, who while I don't see her more than once a month, is one of my favorite people in the family. She's in her late 80s and is blind in one eye, and can't see very well out the other, and has extremely poor hearing. Because of this, many amusing conversations ensue. "Grandma, did you eat the cupcakes we gave you last week?" "Well yeah, of course I finished the puzzle, dear!" "No, no, Grandma, the cupcakes." "Right, right, the puzzle! I finished it yesterday!". She was a librarian for like 20 years before she retired, and always has a stack of books at home. It seriously would not surprise me if she's read a couple thousand books in her lifetime. However, it seems some of her books are of questionable nature. A couple of years ago, she got really sick and had to stay in the hospital for a month or so. I brought her some of her books from her house, and happened to pop one open while walking back to her room. Turns out Grandma likes some romance novels of very sexual nature. She's such a funny lady.

As for that side's origins... well, I have no clue. I don't really care, either. xD

Finally, there's me and my brother Jarrett, who is 10. Due to medical issues, there was supposed to be a child before me and after me, but both of those pregnancies ended in failure way early on-- I don't even know if either could be considered miscarriages. Either way, I was the only one born from my mother, and my brother was adopted.

Fun fact: I'm my dad's only known blood relative.

Either way, I don't see my family much, aside from my immediate family (dad, brother, mom, stepdad) and my grandma who lives like 2 minutes away, and Jenni, who's living with us at mom's house currently. I used to see Bryant all the time since he was held back a year in school, so we were always in the same grade. Since graduation, we don't see each other much. Kinda sucks, since he's also one of my best friends, but I guess that's just how it goes.

As for me and my brother, we never have got along very well-- possibly because of the 9-year age difference, or the fact that he's incredibly obnoxious at times. Either way, we have some similar interests, so it's not like we always don't get along.

That's it, pretty much. No rich history or heritages here. I'd rather not get into my grandmother's personality and the relationship issues on my mom's side, because I'd end up just annoying myself.

qwertysaur
06-19-2009, 03:45 AM
Where do I start. My dad is currently in his second marriage with my Mom, married for 24 years this month. My Dad has 2 kids from his first marriage. One is my brother. He is 32 and is a Veteran of the Army. My older sister is 30 and is currently fighting cancer. I'm going to visit her tomorrow. They are both in Syracuse. Then there is me, then my younger sister. She is 16, a self proclaimed Lesbian and she can't peel herself away from the computer for 2 seconds.

My Parents come from very different backgrounds. My Mom was the fourth of six kids in a Jewish household. if you knew my Aunts and uncles, you would understand what this is like. She has a BA is Psychology but never uses it for anything. My dad is from upstate New York, and he likes to fix cars. His trade is auto repair. He has his own shop even, my Mom is the desk lady there.

Mothers side. Grandpa was a very big man, strong and never sick until cancer took his life a year ago. But if he didn't agree with you, you were WRONG and that is final. He was a WWII vet and participated in D-Day. He lived Shrimp and Harry Truman was the best president. Grandma is a typical Jewish Grandma. if you step into her house, you will be fed delicious food. She has a never ending supply.

Aunts and Uncles. there are 5 of them. Howard the Tattoed toothless train lover. He cracks random jokes, is 53 and lives with his Mom. Robin the thin wallflower. she loves to gossip, always orders Salmon if we eat out, is always on a diet and plays Bingo. Mark the preacher. He Never shuts up. Ever. Then there is my Mom. Then Nancy the. i can't describe her in one word. Dyslixic, eccentric, other? She is Nancy. Smokes up a storm, dances to her own beat, talks in Sign language, worst driver ever, not afraid to show of her new bra, and all aroind basket case. Finally there is Jeff, the buissnessman who never grew up. He's cool, but he likes to nap on my couch too much :/

Cousins. Robins children. Billy is getting married in August. He is 32. Lori is engaged and getting her masters in teaching. She is 25 . Stacey is in her secon year of college at 19. Marks Children. Michael is a Theology major. He is 24. Mark is in the Army. He is 20. Lynn is in high school, she is 15. Jeff's daughter is Jennifer, she is 9 and full of energy.

I'm too lazy to do my dads side right now. :/

rubah
06-19-2009, 04:04 AM
Family relationships are pretty complex. I was going to type it all out, but I'd be here all night, and it's not fair to my family; maybe they don't want all their dirty laundry on the internet.

Condensed version!

I have two parents (still married to each other!) and four half siblings. My half brother and youngest half sister are the products of my mom's first marriage, and my two other half sister's of my dad's. Mom and Dad are supremely happy together, last time I checked (thank goodness!)

I have three nephews (and one deceased of liver cancer :() who are by turns spirited, moody, and plain little kid. My favorite is the middle one, who gives me hugs, flowers, and loves to make art. The eldest loves to watch what passes for anime on network tv!

My dad has two brothers, both younger than he. They treat me like a princess ^_^ His family was rather dirt poor growing up, but he and his brothers have done well for themselves, I think.

My paternal grandparents are in some limbo of separation I've never really understood. They practically live on the same property and don't seem to harbor any real ill-will toward each other, so I dunno! My Granny Sue is massively interested in geneology and visits cemetaries to trace the family back. (Did you know my great great great great great grandpa married his niece? ^_^) Grandpa Floyd enjoys working on motors and appliances and collecting dogs. (They just kinda show up and stick around hoping for scraps)

Did you know I only have blood-uncles? My mother has three brothers! They are all engineers. So was my grandpa (he passed away last summer). My mom's oldest brother is 17 years older than her; can you imagine it? She was an aunt when she was six years old!

My grandma Mary is a mistress of dark feminine mysteries. She crochets, embroiders, quilts, cooks (as does Granny Sue, btw) quite well, etc. She embroidered my littlest cousin a quilt with a patch for each of the 50 states on it. It's gigantor.

She and Grandpa Bill still had a farm when I was little, and I would run around with my cousins through the corn patch and the cow pasture etc. It was incredible tbh.

My great-grandpa, Alexander Marshall Jones was one of the founders of the family church, Mars Hill Presbyterian Church; the presbyterian streak goes clear back to the 18th century. I have a copy of the Confession of Faith that belonged to my x-great grandpa, who was a minister travelling to Arkansas from Tennessee. It's remarkably similar to the one I got for myself!

My dad told me the funniest stories about my great uncle Ello and his friend/cousin? Snoddy. Let's just say the best one involved a pair of turkey wings in a hay loft.

Araciel
06-19-2009, 04:15 AM
I was raised by giant aquatic bears.

My dad is a naiive aMerican and my mom is a Scottish immigant. They've been married for 33 years out of laziness.

I have two sisters, one is a year and three days younger and one is six years and some incalculable amount of assorted extra time older. All of us are woefully unfit/unwilling to become parents.

Jessweeee♪
06-19-2009, 04:27 AM
My dad's side of the family is small, and my parents keep us away from my mom's side so we don't catch the crazy :|

I have way too many relatives on my mom's side to keep track of, and I'm living with my parents, a brother, and two cousins (I think their mom is trying to get away from a psycho ex-boyfriend or something. I don't know. Nobody tells me the details.) My dad somehow managed to drop out of high school, attempt to join the navy, get married, get divorced, have a kid (me :</>D!), fight alcoholism, and then remarry by the age of twenty.

Yar
06-19-2009, 04:30 AM
I am disappointed that this thread isn't about incest. :/

Anyway, my parents have been married and divorced three times. It's why I'm so emotionally stable.

mooglebunni608
06-19-2009, 04:31 AM
My mommy is a lot Irish (I think her mom's mom came over on the boat), and her mom had NINE siblings, only one of which actually survived to meet me. My grandma Rita was a secretary for the FBI, and the people at the assisted living place she used to live in called her "Agent Rita". It was cool. She was also very beautiful person according to the pictures of her when she was young.

My Dad is also Irish and a lot of other things, and he was in the military when he was young. He had (and still has) really bad eyesight, so he got the best job ever- he got to yell at the new recruits, right in their faces. He got stationed in Louisiana for about two years, and got to see Mardi Gras. He describes it as "Getting ten of your closest friends together in the shower and throwing beer bottles on the ground". His dad, my grandpa, was an awesome guy who really liked draft horses and was nice to everyone, taking in my dad's cousins when their dad died. Once in a while a person who knew him will shake my dad's hand because my grandpa was so nice to them. He also had an awesome sense of humor.

My brother is going to become a super famous engineer with his own business when he gets out of college. He's a redhead (and secretly proud of it, I bet) and other than that, not very interesting.

My sister is taking a million different dance classes right now because she wants to be a professional dancer and open her own dance school. She has OCD problems and isn't very nice to me.

That's about it. I have a few aunts (including one who has the best luck and accidently meets famous people all over the place, and one who is a cancer survivor and one who programs computers) and an uncle who's a teacher. And some cousins. But I don't know them well.

~*~Celes~*~
06-19-2009, 05:53 AM
Because my story is very much For those with attention deficiency disorders, here is a summarized snippet of the general ramblings for you to ponder over -, I'll give you the most condensed version I possibly can:

On my mom's side, there are Polish, German, Irish, and Crow Native American people. As far as I know, there are no half-siblings in there anywhere, but my great-grandma Albright re-married after her husband died, so yeah. Umm, lots of alcoholics and cancer :\ And my Great Uncle Chuck got hit with some Agent Orange in the face...not a lot mind you, he's still alive and healthy, but enough to leave some marks on his face.

On my dad's side, I have Scottish, German, English, French, and Wyandot and Ottawa Native American somewhere in there. I think. I'm not entirely sure. But I can tell you, I'm related to General George McClellan and, by extension, Clint Eastwood AND Hugh Hefner and Daniel Webster, who created Webster's dictionary :D

Also, two towns were founded by my family on my dad's side, according to my great-grandma (who has alzheimer's by the way so I can't say exactly how trustworthy the source is): Snookville in England and New Riegle here in Ohio. My great-grandma is rich, but chooses to live a more low-key lifestyle on the outskirts of Findlay. She's very generous, and very sweet, but if you want to know where I get my stubbornness and determination from, look at her :p I think that if I were to choose a role model, it'd be her.

My Uncle Chad, Uncle Cory, and Aunt Lori are all half siblings of my dad's, but my Uncle Ryan is my dad's full-blooded brother. Cory's always in jail and Ryan is married to a lady who lost all five of her kids because she's made some very, very poor choices. Also, she slept with her brother. She gives me the creeps.

From my dad's side, we have: nymphomania, alcoholics, and cancer.

rubah
06-19-2009, 07:04 AM
I am disappointed that this thread isn't about incest. :/

well. . .

Breine
06-19-2009, 09:38 AM
My mom, Susanne, and dad, Karsten, have been married for 30 years now, it was their wedding day a couple of weeks ago. Like me they're both the youngest of their siblings (my mom the youngest of 4 and my dad of 3) and as a result I'm the youngest of all my cousins. Actually some of my cousins have children only a couple of years younger than me. My mom has her own shop and my dad now works in a lab, since some back and shoulder problems forced him to quit his other job.

I don't really see my dad's brothers and their kids that much - it's been years since the last time. One of them lives in Sweden and the other lives on a small island far away called Bornholm. Fun fact, though: My dad and his brothers all start with the letter "K" (as do I), and their names (Karsten, Kurt and Kjeld) all appear in an old variety show song.
My dad's mom died before I was even born, while my dad's father died when I was seven. He's the only grandparent I can remember having, and he was the first death I ever experienced (or remember to be more precise). He used to be a respected butcher, and helped open many slaughter houses and such. Some of his sausage recipes are still sold today, and are quite popular in Esbjerg (one of the bigger towns in Denmark).

The part of my family I see the most is my mother's side, even though they're pretty scattered. My mom's oldest sister, Edith, and her husband, Eigil, live in Germany, near Cologne. They have buttloads of money, and visiting them as a kid was like being part of a fairy tale or something.. I was convinced their house was a castle. They used to also live in Sweden, where their daughters also was raised, so my cousins speak Swedish when together with us, and Edith and Eigil speak a mixture of Swedish, Danish and German. Edith and Eigil's youngest daughter, Pia, lives in the same town as them, and also make loads of money (they're like my rich family living in a foreign country xD). When she was young she broke her leg on a skiing trip, and had to have it put back in place without any anesthetics. As a result of the shock she lost all of her hair, and never got any of it back, and now wears a wig and has eyebrows tattooed. That's how the story goes anyway. She has a small daughter with her husband.
Edith and Eigil's other daughter, Helle, still lives in Sweden with her 4 kids. She just left her husband who treated her like sh*t, and is now trying to get back on her feet.

My mom's other sister, Grethe, comitted suicide many years ago (before I was born). She was beautiful, but also an alcoholic. She had two daughters. One of them lives in Florida with her three kids, and the other we haven't really had any contact with in recent years.

My mom's brother, Poul Erik (or Polle), commutes between Denmark, Norway and Thailand. He used to live in Denmark, but when his wife left him he got depressed and went to Thailand, like many other middle-aged men I suppose. Eventually he got cancer, in one testicle and also had a tumor somewhere in the stomach. Thankfully he survived, but being even more depressed because of it he returned to Thailand, where he found himself a Thai girlfriend, Sawien. He now works in Norway, and when he has enough money he comes to visit us in Denmark before he goes to Thailand for some months, to visit his girlfriend.
He has three kids, that we don't really see that much anymore.

My mom's mother died before I was born. Apparently she was an amazing woman, who unfortunately was sick many years of her life. She was a talented artist, and painted a lot of porcelain and such, which we have a lot of this day.
My mom's father died when I was two, so I don't remember him. Polle looks just like him, though, and apparently has the same personality as him. My grandpa used to be a baker and pastry chef, and also was imprisoned and got close to getting executed under the 2nd World War, back when Germany had invaded Denmark. He was part of the resistance - he hid weapons from the German soldiers and such, and when they'd ordered him to bake them some bread he put sawdust in the bread instead of flour, and then went and made bread with the flour that he would give to the Danes. I know, very legend-y xD There are more examples, but I don't remember.
Also, another family fact: My mother's uncle died on a certain date (I don't remember it now), and ten years later on the exact same date my grandmother died.. and then ten years after that on the same date my grandfather died. Yeah, that's my mom's family's curse I guess.

Anyway, I myself have an older brother, Henrik, who's 29. He's a school teacher and lives with his girlfriend. We get along great, despite the age difference, and that we don't really share any of the same interests.
I also have a younger foster sister, Tippe, who's 13. She came to us when she was 8. Her mother's a really talented painter, but she's really ill (bipolar, schizophrenia etc.) and her dad was an alcoholic/junkie and actually died while she lived with us. As a result of her living here we also see her family quite a lot, especially her mother and her two real brothers (who are both in their 20s). Foster or not, she's like my real sister.

Um yes, I think that's pretty much it.

NeoCracker
06-19-2009, 10:26 AM
From my moms side.

My grandma had 12 kids, all of whom married, so I have 24 aunts and uncles on my Grandmas side. My aunt ruth is one of those people obsessed with rocks, my uncle Kent is like, the epitome of Redneck, but in a funny way, and he's with a crazy bitch who needs slapped.

Darwin is bitter and selfcentered, and threw a massive bitchfit when he Grandma moved back in with my mother rather then staying with him, acting like everyone stabbed him in the back.

Theres uncle Bill and Butch, two cool guys, they seem like your stereotypical large funny men, good times spent chatting with those two.

Then theirs Tony, who was a navyman and VERY strange. Very strange in deed.

My grandma herself is so tiny and soft voiced, though if she's mad, even though she's had cancer in her leg 3 times and she's in a walker, moves VERY fast for a 90 year old women. She can smack you with a cane and have it back on the ground looking like she hadn't moved before you ever realized she hit you...

My mom, while funny and so loveable, is a stubborn mule of a women, and tends to get very short sighted at the worst possible times.

On my dads side, well most of those people deserve to burn in eternal hellfire. They are stuck up, selfish, greedy, and overall horrible people, and I won't go into much more detail.

The only people I like from that side are uncle Rodger and Cousin Bryan, who oddly enough was addopted into the FAmily, and Rodger married in....

My dad himself was, at times, the classic dirty old man. HE drove a truck fro Jefferson county road and bridge, yet he had a binder full of all sorts of cirtificutes and degrees, one of which was in Psycology. HE was also a Semi-pro racecar driver, he was the head of one of the city departments in Los Angeles County, I forget exactly what department but one of their duties was to take care of tree's and what not, and he even owned a bar at one point.

I'll avoid talking about a couple of my sibblings, because I don't feel like enraging myself right now, but I live with my Brother Jeremy, who somehow manages to be more of a Hermit then me, and then theirs Zach. While we get along really well, and he's a great guy, when I lived with him I wanted to strangle the everloving life out of him until his body was nothing more then a limp and lifeless rag doll. :mad2:

But as long as I don't live with him we're cool. ^_^

Madame Adequate
06-20-2009, 12:06 AM
Hmmm... Let's see. I have a mom, and do not have a dad. He was not a good person and his alcoholism killed him at age 37, so really that'll say enough (Though is just the tip of an unpleasant iceberg).

I dunno who my dad's dad was. It's not my grandpa though, my grandma cheated on him with someone. =O I have an aunt and an uncle on that side, both not cheat babies. xD My uncle is a drain on society Member of Parliament. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lembit_Opik) Their mom is still alive, my grandma, and she's pretty cool, she raised me quite a bit, but she was also heavily alcoholic during that time :monster:

On my mom's side of the family, I have two uncles and an aunt. I've not seen any of them in a decade+ Several cousins as well. Also there's Granny and Granda.

Granny Sadie and Granda Jack are Mommy's parents. Granda Jack has been dead for about 16 years now, which is very sad, partly because he was amazing and partly because poor Granny's been without him for so long. She still misses him so deeply and thinks of him every day, and because she's religious she believes they'll be reunited after she dies. One of the few instances where I hope I'm wrong about atheism. Granny is absolutely amazing. She's 77 and has not got any saner as she has aged. She pretends to be completely demented and senile in order to get away with things, like chatting up young men.

When she was younger though, she acted pretty much just the same as she does now. One story that makes me lul, and I know Rye is amused by it as well: When she and Jack were young folks together, they were out shopping. Granny Sadie was looking in a store window at stuff, and when she was done she grabbed Granda Jack's bum and said let's go or whatever. Then she turned and looked at him and it was someone else entirely, and Granda Jack was about five stores down the road looking in a completely different store. He nearly died laughing when she told him, apparently. xD Oh and one time she set his newspaper on fire because she was itching for a fight, but he sat and continued reading it, and she panicked and had to put it out. I lul'd.

drotato
06-20-2009, 12:35 AM
That's interesting... I didn't know you were Italian, Rye. (:

I don't really like talking about my family, but... there are a lot of weird loop holes to mine. o.O

Uhhhh, let's just say that somehow I am German/Canadian/Irish/ and ummmm, my last name is English. o.O
Weirrrrrd.

Biological father was Irish, and Canadian. My mother is the German side, and it's just wacked up, really. o.o

My great grandfather was the last fullblooded German in our family, and he passed away a few summers ago. That sucked big time.

Well, other than that, there's really not much to talk about. /:

Unbreakable Will
06-20-2009, 12:45 AM
Heh, where to begin....

Umm, beside my mother, I'm not blood related to ANY of my family, well my biological father excluded...but I'll get to him later.

Well mom was adopted in Florida by my grandparents, we think she is part Puerto Rican (or Cuban, but same diff right?) Well, they moved around quite a bit and she met a douchebag, I am the spawn of his douchey seed...

He was of Irish/Scottish descent, I'm not sure which one, the last name was Nichols. Well she left his sorry ass, (this was a back story as to WHY im not blood related to anyone)

My mom and her second husband (my stepdad of 13 years) are getting divorced now, and even though im not really around them it still sucks. But w/e makes madre happy.

My grandparents are pretty cool at times (mostly grandad) and my aunt and uncle have turned into assholes recently and I want NOTHING to do with them.

So my family is a little odd, but what family isn't?

Kirobaito
06-20-2009, 05:16 AM
The ancestry on both of my sides is British, primarily. My surname, Graham, is a Scottish name, but we only have theories on how the Grahams came to be in America; no record of my immigrant ancestor is currently available. My grandfather's theory is that a Graham became an Ulster Scot in the early or mid seventeenth century. One of his sons had five sons, all of whom emigrated from Northern Ireland to Pennsylvania together around the year 1700. Over the course of several generations, they gradually moved south to Virginia, North Carolina, and then South Carolina. But that's all theory, and partially based on the family tradition of my tenth cousin, who theoretically would be the descendant of a different brother, I think. My branch of the family has no real family tradition.

My mother's side is both Scottish and English, from the Borden, Bagwell, and Tucker families.

I'm closer to my mother's side of the family than I am my father's.

My maternal grandparents live in the same city that I grew up in. My maternal grandfather was born in a small town called Yantis, Texas, which currently has a population of about three hundred. He graduated high school at 16 (skipping two years) in order to... become a cotton farmer. He was a cotton farmer when he was drafted into World War 2 in 1944. He spent a lot of time studying at different universities while in the Army, and finally went to Europe in late 1944 where he helped mop up the mess. He re-enlisted and stayed in Germany during 1946, which is when he came home and went to college on the GI Bill. There at Texas Christian University he met my grandmother, who was five years younger than him. He went to graduate school at Rice University and while there figured out how to solve the general quintic using ultraradicals (which, at the time, had never been done before - don't ask me what that actually means, though). He tried his hand at doctoral school but dropped out. He went to work for General Dynamics, doing very early work on computer programming, and stayed there most of his career until he retired in the mid-eighties. A few years later he went back to work for another gas and oil company which doesn't exist anymore. He finally retired around the year 2000. He is an avid genealogist and a total hypochondriac these days at the ripe age of 84. We get along extremely well. He's basically left me his entire library, which is a rather extensive collection of books on everything imaginable.

My maternal grandmother grew up in Fort Worth, Texas, and went to Texas Christian University where she met my grandfather. She majored in Biology, I think. She taught the third grade for awhile after college, but pretty quickly became a homemaker. She likes to sew. She is 80. Both of my maternal grandparents are cancer survivors - my grandfather had his prostate zapped about five years ago, and my grandmother has survived bouts with both colon and breast cancer.

They had three children, of which my mother is the middle child. Their first, my uncle, works as a geologist and has two step-children, my step-cousins, one of whom just graduated high school and the other of whom will be going into high school. He has been married twice, but had no children with either (both of his wives had already had kids from previous marriages). My aunt, the youngest child in that family, lives in Oklahoma. She and her husband are very, very conservative, and I probably wouldn't get along with them if they weren't family, but I get along well with their children, my cousins, one of whom is my age and the other of whom is 18. The two of them, a boy and a girl, are the closest cousins to my sister and me. We see each other every few months.

My mother grew up in Fort Worth, going to the same middle school and high school as I would and attending Stephen F. Austin State University in East Texas. She majored in management, I think. Something businessy. She works as the accounting manager for a branch of Habitat for Humanity.

I don't know a lot about my paternal grandparents. They died in 1999 and 2004, and I was never very close to them. They lived about three hours away. I know that my grandfather was an inventor and salesman, among other things. My grandmother worked for the Texas Rangers (the law enforcement group). They moved around a lot, living in Birmingham, Alabama; Tyler, Texas; and Houston, Texas. They were lifetime smokers, and my grandfather died of a heart attack in 1999 (after he had chest pains he was too stubborn to call 9-1-1 and so tried to drive himself to the hospital; he passed out en route). My grandmother had a stroke in 1998, and later died of kidney and congestive heart failure in 2004.

They had five children, of which my father is the middle. The oldest fought in the Navy during Vietnam and kind of lost touch with the family for many years. He died of a stroke around 2000 or 2001. The second oldest lives near Houston, Texas, with her second husband. The child from her first marriage, my cousin, is about twelve years older than me and works in the Air Force doing computer work. He and his wife have two very cute children who I feel weird considering the generation below me. They're like 10 and 7 or something. Then came my dad, who grew up in Tyler and Houston and went to Stephen F. Austin State, where he met my mom. More on him later. Their fourth child lives in San Antonio as a car salesman. He has two children, who are each a year older than me and my sister (22 and 25). We get along when we see each other, but that's basically only at Christmastime. The youngest aunt lives somewhere in the mid-Cities areas between Dallas and Fort Worth. She is a lesbian, and very cool. Somehow the fact that she's a lesbian doesn't seem to affect how conservative the rest of my dad's family is. They just seem to ignore it, and never, ever bring it up. She's had the same partner for as long as I've been alive.

As stated previously, my dad went to Stephen F. Austin State, where he also majored in something business-y, and met my mom there. He is an inside salesperson for a coil tubing manufacturer.

They eventually moved to Fort Worth in around 1983, where they had two children. My sister, Kristen, is 24 and is finishing up photography school. She got her BA in Graphic Design. I'm 21. So yeah. This is my family.

Dynast-Kid
06-20-2009, 08:10 AM
Aww, I feel like I know everyone better now! :]

Well, here's my big family:

A little background: My whole family is from, and most of them live in, Middle Tennessee (in and around Nashville). We're a "black, African-American" family, even though my mom (and grandparents) are half-white, and my father has some Native American ancestry. I do know that I have Irish, Cherokee, and African heritage! Isn't that exotic!?

Anyways, my mom, Deborah, is a good ol' country gal. She acts all polite and proper around strangers and out in public, but at home she's loud, blunt, and can be quite vulgar! She's addicted to Diet Coke too! She was born on September 10th, 1954 to my grandpa Jimmie & grandmother Willie B. (died before I was born). Both of them are bi-racial (1/2 black, 1/2 white), making my mom bi-racial too! My mom has/had an older sister named Gladys (passed away in 2001), who was very sweet and loved Lifetime movies. For as long as I can remember she had some sort of illness and was always on medication. My mom also has a brother named Jimmie Jr. ("Little Jimmie"). He's loud, boisterous, and loves cracking jokes. He's kind of annoying though, but I still love him. Everyone on my mom's side loooooves to drink (at every family gathering), but i've rarely seen any of them drunk. We're a classy bunch. ;)

I have 5 first cousins on my mom's side. First there are my aunt Gladys's kids: Tika, Chawn, and Contavius. Tika is the oldest and is a very down-to-earth, tell-it-like-it-is kind of woman. Chawn is the middle child who in recent years is overcoming some drug issues, and is a very loving and cheerful lady. Contavius (sounds like a Roman emperor, right?) is the youngest. He likes to party and have fun and be spontaneous. Then there are my uncle's kids: Jimmie III ("Jim-Jim")and Canetha. Jim-Jim is a lovable guy. He's a technophile that loves all kinds of electric gadgets and music players. Canetha is a young lady, but very mature. She's very polite, but has a very serious aura that sometimes makes me uncomfortable. But she's still nice!

Then there's the huuuge side of my family I have via my father. My dad, Larry Sr. was a great guy. He was charismatic, exuberant, and always the life of the party. He passed away back in 2001 of a heart attack (I was 8). I miss the old man sorely. He was born on August 20th, 1954 to my grandfather John and grandmother Lillian, who both passed away before I was born. My dad has 7 brothers & sisters (!!): The oldest is my uncle Bill. I don't see him very much, but he's a very cool man who always wears sunglasses all the time! And then there's the oldest girl, my aunt Nancy. She's fun and sassy and her hair is pure, solid white. It's so pretty and when i'm an old man I WANT HER HAIR COLOR. Then there's my aunt Jean. She's a Jehovah's Witness (so everyone in the family jokes about her being crazy) but she is seriously the sweetest woman you could ever hope to meet. She can always be found planting things and tending to her garden, and she loves cooking and always gives me and my little sister boxes of Capri-Suns! Then there's my uncle Robert. He's very smart and charming and secretly my favorite uncle because he looks and acts alot like my dear father. Then there's my aunt Lou. She's talks alot and loves to socialize and gossip! And then there's my aunt Ann, the youngest of my dad's siblings. She's usually rather calm and down-to-earth, but when she gets going, you can hardly get her to stop! She loves to travel and loves cats alot (but don't worry, she has a husband and is NOT a crazy cat lady). My dad also had another brother, my uncle John, but he passed away before I was even born. I hear he acted very much like my dad did.

Okay so, if I added correctly, I believe I have...15 first cousins on my dad's side, sooo I think I can leave them out. xD

FINALLY, there's me, Larry Jr. I'm the 3rd of 4 children, and the only boy. I have 3 sisters;
-Lesley: Born on Feb. 11th, 1981, Lesley is pretty much the mom of my siblings (rightfully so, since she's the oldest and the only one who actually has a child [my adorable toddler niece Layla]). She's very calm and down-to-earth. And also very patient! She's one of those people you just love to pick with because it's so fun to see them all worked up!
-Lauren: Born on Dec. 30th, 1985, Lauren is the crazy, outspoken one. She is very charming and has a special way of communicating with others, but at home she can be a real biyotch. One minute she can be fun and playful, and then the next she can be all serious and stern. Most of the time though, she is her playful, energetic self.
-Lindsey: Born on Jul. 11th, 1995, Lindsey is the little baby of the family. Sort of... She's 5'9" and wears a size 11 shoe, and she's going into the 8th grade! She's zany and airheaded, and like most brothers with their little sisters, we fight alot, but I still love my little giant sis.

And yep, that long-as-smurf post is really the most abbreviated and simple version of my family tree as you could get! :bigsmile:

scrumpleberry
06-20-2009, 10:55 AM
I cba to expound on my entire family history, because it is very long and freaking massive due to the tendency for divorce and staying bffs with old partners in my family. Have a little bit on my very very close family if you like.

Genetically I am 1/2 Italian, 1/8 Scottish, 1/8 Welsh, 1/4 English. Apparently there's a Romani gypsy princess scandal in there somewhere as well |: I'm a British and Italian citizen for legal shiet. My mum is a cool lady who travelled the world a lot when she was younger, she's very beautiful and laid back, she loves animals and nature and things, and she loves fashions and makeup and stuff as well. Best of both! I love her to death. My stepdad is a smarty-bum programmer consultant nerd who looks a bit like a rat, British of viking descent, he's the guy who got me into vidja games and stuff and thus the reason why I'm here! My actual dad is an Italian banker/businessman type, he's currently in Germany with his wife and daughter. He's a bit fixated with the Ancient Romans, and thinks they pretty much own every other ancient culture ever. He's a bit fat at the minute, but he is an old man and likes food too much. What can you do? He also likes opera and classical music a lot! Hahaha we don't have very much in common.

Blue Harvest
06-20-2009, 11:29 AM
My family hails from Scotland. My grandmother had eight children with two different husbands, my mother being from the second. She divorced her first husband, the second died, and the third (the one she didn't have any kids with) also died. After my mother's father died when she was eight the family moved down to England. My mother had two children (me being the second) with two different guys, both of whom were complete assholes. I've never had any contact with my father and know nothing about him or his side of the family. I know his name though so one day I might try to track him down, but only to find out if I have any younger half-siblings.

Rye
06-21-2009, 04:48 PM
This is really interesting!

I didn't know your family was so full of adoptions, Justin. That's neat, I want to adopt a child one day.

I love Hux's Granny. She's the coolest lady ever. :bigsmile:

Momiji
06-21-2009, 05:30 PM
This is really interesting!

I didn't know your family was so full of adoptions, Justin. That's neat, I want to adopt a child one day.

I love Hux's Granny. She's the coolest lady ever. :bigsmile:

Not really 'full of' adoptions really, just three that I know of: my dad, my aunt, and my brother.

Divorce is soooo much more common in my family. And people wonder why I'm not actively searching for a girlfriend :lol:

Tama2
06-21-2009, 05:35 PM
My wife is crazy. My Son is even crazier. That is why I love them.

My mother is just a hard working crazy cat lady.

My father was a Retired Sgt. in the Marines. He died last year of a heart disease.

My sisters are :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty human beings. I still love them though.

My brother is a pile of :bou::bou::bou::bou:. He can die for all I care.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
06-22-2009, 01:55 AM
My parents are both immigrants from Dominican Republic, and neither of them speak a word of English, just Spanish. xD I have nothing but Dominican blood in me, despite being born here, in the US.

I'm the youngest of three, and the only girl. I have two brothers, Ruby(19) and Roberto(23). We're all 4 years apart, making me 15. The oldest of us, Roberto, was born in D.R and it took my mom YEARS of negotiating with immigration to get him here, when they finally gave him a visa, he was 12, and I was 8. I'd heard stories of this other brother I had, but it took some getting used to. Oddly enough, I was the one who taught him English, something I'm pretty proud of, as I was 8 at the time. Spanish was my first language, English was second, which I learned during school.

My mom's side of the family ALL live in Dominican Republic, and my dad's side of the family lives here, they just don't speak to us. My immediate family is basically the black sheep among my dad's side of the family. We don't speak, at all. Long story short, my dad's side didn't want my dad marrying my mom. They made our lives impossible, were manipulative and bad people, and convinced my father, after many years, to leave us. Situation ended with my dad and mom getting a divorce, and dad leaving us on and off.

My dad lives with us now, despite my parents being divorced for years. They bicker all the time, but manage to not kill each other. Weird, huh?

Loony BoB
06-22-2009, 01:36 PM
I think my Mum arrives in the UK today.

I also have other family members. Including two cats.

fire_of_avalon
06-22-2009, 03:10 PM
This is a really cool thread. I'm going to start from the closest people to me and work my way out.

My immediate family are my Daddy and my sister. My parents divorced when I was 4 (my sister was about a year and a half) and my mother moved into the city. She was around sporadically until I was 9 and then just stopped having anything to do with us. For a few years that really hurt me, but after I grew up some I got over it. She sent us Christmas cards for a few years starting in 2004, but we didn't get one last year. People often ask me what I'll do if I see her and... i just don't know. She's just like any other stranger to me now.

But Daddy is awesome. He's led a pretty troubled life, mostly due to his own family being :bou::bou::bou::bou:faces, but he has turned things around for himself. It took me a long time to realize that he did put me through pain too, that he wasn't a perfect person or role model, but someone who can make such huge changes for benefit of their family is ... well, I hope that strength has been passed on to me. Some people say it has, what with what we went through a few years ago, but we'll see. He raised me & my sister. I'm mostly ok. My sister... she has a lot of growing up ahead of her, especially right now. I've always been the rock and she's always been the floater. I love her very much but I have some big problems with the way she treats people.

My dad has 2 sisters. Donna is the youngest and it shows. She wasn't spoiled really, but she does have this chip on her shoulder about how she always got the short end of the stick. With their family life, though, they all got the short end of the stick. She's also turned her life around. She used to be into drugs and way an alcoholic (they were all alcoholics), but she's decided she just wants to settle down and live simply now. She's the activities director at a retirement center here in my hometown and it's a good gig for her. If there's a bigger control freak in my family than me, it's her. xD Her biggest problem is that she keeps loser men around in her life. Men that don't work and use her for everything. She just needs to get rid of them. She has two daughters. I'm pretty close to her younger daughter, who has also gone through some problems with drugs and men. A lot of the sass and spunk in me is reflected in her 10x over, but she's mostly all talk. Which is okay. She's working in another old folks home, but she really needs to think about where she wants to go in life. I don't think she'll be happy doing this forever. Her older sister just had a baby, who she loves very very much. She also moved back home to get help with the baby, cause the baby daddy is a no-goodnick, but that is turning out to have been a bad idea because my aunt's a control freak as I mentioned. We'll see what happens.

My other aunt is a piece of :bou::bou::bou::bou: human being who has never and will never do anything for herself besides mooch off of her family. We pay her car insurance and it makes me furious. She has her amazing points, like most people do. Fierce loyalty to those she mooches from and the ability to kick anyone's ass. One time she tried to kill my dad, though. She was cheating on her first husband and coked out of her skull. Daddy found out and went to whatever dive she was in and called her ass out. Then he left. As we was walking out of the parkinglot he heard BLAM BLAM and turned around. She was trying to shoot him. this was all when I was about 2, apparently. I'm glad she failed. I don't see her often, but when I do I'm pretty torn about whether I should carry on with her or beat the hell out of her for what she does to people. Sometimes i see her in my sister and that scares me. She had two sons. One of them is a mess. He got married young and had two kids. My Mema (Daddy's mom) and her boyfriend guy, Cherry, convinced and badgered him into giving them up to her. They needed to be given up, that much is true, but not to her. See, she was a speed freak and an alcoholic when she had her kids. They mostly lived with my great-grandparents. She's trying to make up for past sins, now. It isn't working because her method of child-rearing includes beating and cussing. The kids are better off with her, because their mother sexually abused them and neglected them - at least now they're getting therapy. But they have complexes with anger, love, and control. It's going to be very hard for them.

Mema once slapped me through the face for telling the punchline to one of her jokes. At that point I lost most of the love and respect I'll ever have for her. I keep up appearances for my Dad's sake. I've never told this to anyone before now. Don't let it get out ;).

Mema's parents, my great-grandparents, were amazing people. They were country folk, subsistence farmers until the early 50's when they had to move or starve. They moved to Newport News, VA to work in the industry there. That's where my dad was born and raised, even though he spent a lot of time here in the mountains. My Grandma was a saint, she was smarter than anyone ever gave her credit for, and she loved harder and deeper than anyone I've ever met despite what people did to her. Her mother treated her like :bou::bou::bou::bou:. Once, her paternal grandmother gave her & her brother some candy birds for Valentine's day. Grandma thought they were pretty, so she didn't eat them. Her mother stole them from her and shared them with Grandma's brother. If there's a hell, that woman is in it. It amazes me that Grandma could live thorugh that and still be so amazing. We lived with her for 10 years after Grandpa died because it was too dangerous for her to live alone. It was hard because none of our other family helped and I know there were times I was cruel to her. Those times of cruelty will always be my biggest sins in this world, no matter what else I do. My Grandpa was really neat, from what I remember. He died when I was 8 so I never really got to know him. He liked to watch Perry Mason, he wore overalls and he made me breakfast.

I'm still in touch with my mom's side of the family, kinda. They're all weird and kinda flakey, but I don't feel like typing about them cause there's 7 or 8 of them. All I'll say is I have a half-brother I don't know very well on that side, and I thought he was my uncle until I was 9.

Old Manus
06-22-2009, 04:04 PM
Condensed version!

WALL OF TEXT
oh, rubah http://forum.drc.su/images/smiles/icon_gay.gif

For people with ADHD, my family in bullet point form!

I'm the eldest of four brothers
I have 2 parents
My dad was born in Huddersfield, and his family still live there so I don't know any of them
My mother was born in Aberystwyth (try pronouncing THAT, amerifags :chef:) which is in Wales so I sometimes see her family but there's nothing much to talk about as they're all CROESO Y GYMRU nutjobs and I don't know that they're saying
I was born in Wegberg, Germany. The amount of nazi jokes I had to endure as a child :cry:
Err...
That's it. I don't know that much about my family

Unbreakable Will
06-22-2009, 09:09 PM
[quote=Old Manus;2677887
[/quote]

Thank you! Someone who understands the ADHD nation!!! :D

Brennan
06-22-2009, 10:05 PM
NOTE: The ages listed in my mom's side are estimates, except for the first two

My dad is 45, and the last of 5 children, the first three being female, and the last two male. I would go into detail about my dad's side, but i only know that my dad was born when my grandma was 39-40, and he is around 7 years younger than the next oldest, and he is around 20 years younger than his oldest sibling, making him have nephews/neices older than he is (I have cousins in their 30-60's, and nephews/neices older older than me).

My mom is 43, and the third child of 6, the first being a boy , then three girls, then the last two boys, making the male to female ratio in my mom's family 1:1. My first uncle (45) has two daughters (one 18-19, the other 15-16), then my first aunt (44) has a girl (13) and a boy (7-9), then came my mom, and then my second aunt (42), who has a boy (17), then there's my second uncle (41) who has a girl (13) and two boys (7-9, and 3-4), then there's my last uncle (40), who's wife can't have any children, so they adopted a boy who'll turn 2 years July 25th.

Then their's my family, which is a family of three. First is my sister, Britney, who turns 22 August 16, and gets married August 21. Then their's Garrett "Jude", who's 18, and then theirs me, who's 14.

Levian
06-22-2009, 11:49 PM
My mom is a librarian. She knows how to make spaghetti. She does not know how to throw stuff away, so our house is filled with crap.

My dad is an ex-sailor and now works an office job in shipping. He can make meatballs. He likes to watch TV and drink beer.

My sister was a chef, but grew tired of it and now works in shipping too. My sister and I have very similar interests and she's definitely the one I'm closest too.

My brother builds houses. He's got two sons and they're pretty cool. I hope my kids turn out that way.

Screw extended family.

I Took the Red Pill
06-23-2009, 12:00 AM
You guys might not know this, but I consider myself a bit of a loner. I tend to think of myself as a one-man wolf pack. But when my sister brought Doug home, I knew he was one of my own. And my wolf pack... it grew by one. So there... there were two of us in the wolf pack... I was alone first in the pack, and then Doug joined in later. And six months ago, when Doug introduced me to you guys, I thought, "Wait a second, could it be?" And now I know for sure, I just added two more guys to my wolf pack. Four of us wolves, running around the desert together, in Las Vegas, looking for strippers and cocaine. So tonight, I make a toast!

Jowy
06-23-2009, 12:05 AM
My mother is a vagrant, she has not had a job or a home of her own in ten years. I haven't spoken to her in two years, I am not even sure if she is still alive.

My father is a drug addict who I am not on speaking terms with and will likely be arrested for voluntary manslaughter if I see him in person again. I have four half-sisters resulted from my father's bigamy, I do not speak with or see any of them. One of them I have never even met. He is entirely responsible for ruining my mother as a person.

My grandmother who raised me after twelve is a compulsive gambler that knows nothing resembling money management or how to properly budget. I have also not seen or spoken with her in two years.

Mogi
06-23-2009, 12:15 AM
My dad is ex military and enjoys anything that has to do with controversy or conspiracy. But he's really smart. I live with him.

My mom's a nothing and enjoys lying to people. She works out of home doing this pyramid scam thingy. I haven't talked to her in almost two years.

My sisters think I'm evil because my mom's favourite pass-time is lying. I'm older than both of them. I also have a little brother who is three or four.

I'm really close with my cousins on my mom's side, with whom I lived for about six months when some :bou::bou::bou::bou: went down between my mom and I.

Anyone else on my mom's side has shunned me and I don't know anyone else on my dad's side.

Yay for huge family treesornot!
:D

rubah
06-23-2009, 12:32 AM
Condensed version!

WALL OF TEXT
oh, rubah http://forum.drc.su/images/smiles/icon_gay.gif

I'm the eldest of four brothers
I have 2 parents
My dad was born in Huddersfield, and his family still live there so I don't know any of them
My mother was born in Aberystwyth (try pronouncing THAT, amerifags :chef:) which is in Wales so I sometimes see her family but there's nothing much to talk about as they're all CROESO Y GYMRU nutjobs and I don't know that they're saying
I was born in Wegberg, Germany. The amount of nazi jokes I had to endure as a child :cry:
Err...
That's it. I don't know that much about my family

I had about that much typed about one person before I decided to condense it, actually.

Rye
06-23-2009, 12:42 AM
I feel like talking a bit more, so some interesting points:

* My grandfather on my father's side came from a long line of Italian carpenters and handy crafty people. My great-grandfather got arrested under Mussolini's reign because he concocted some sort of gun-umbrella, or something of that sort. xD

* My grandfather was a house-flipper back in the 50s and 60s, way before it became in fashion like it is now. He flipped the entire condo that my grandma lived in and that I stayed at when I went to Italy.

* My grandfather on my mother's side was a funny German guy. He married my grandmother when she was 16/17 and he was 27/28 - they eloped. He never got to work much though, because he had his first heart attack at 26, but he did small odd jobs like being a taxi driver.

He was a funny guy. He was fond of rhymes and songs like "One Fine Day...", claiming things like "hit by the ugly tree?! I AM ugly tree."

41-Inches-Wide
06-23-2009, 02:39 AM
Wow, all these quirky families! Makes me realize all families are inherently funny.

Shoeberto
06-23-2009, 03:20 AM
Mom grew up in a small community and comes from a very matriarchal family. She has three sisters and one brother. When the ladies on that side get together it sounds a lot like a hen house. They can be a little melodramatic but they love to joke and have fun most of the time. Her only brother got screwed over very badly by his ex-wife about eight years ago when it turned out she had blackmailed people out of about six figures in cash because her business was a failure, and when she found out the feds were on her she cashed out all of his assets and ran. I don't think either he or my cousin will ever forgive her for that and all around it's still a sore spot in the family.

Grandma is a very strong woman. She's an excellent seamstress and worked in a sewing store for many years. She likes to have fun and is still very active. Grandpa is not as active anymore. I have a lot of respect for him because he's done a lot with his life and he's never done anything to show me that he's anything but an honest, hard working man. But between his heart condition and his legs (he had one of his hips replaced before I can even remember) he can't do much these days. It's sad to see him so depressed and just trying to stay out of the way. Everyone knows he doesn't feel well most of the time and tries to be nice. For me I'd just like to see him have a peaceful death rather than living in misery. Which is kind of morbid, but seriously, I have nothing but respect for the guy.

Dad's side of the family is very messed up in a lot of ways. Two of his grandparents were very good people that I didn't really get to know, but he loved them to death. He didn't see the other set though after his sister was molested by his grandpa. His parents are :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty people. I know a lot of people beat their kids back in those days, but I imagine a lot of people who did it at least showed some love or support. Dad and his siblings were just inconveniences to them. They never liked my mom, and when they said she was pregnant with my sister, dad's mom said she was "too young to be a grandma." They are :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty people who have made no attempt to be a part of the grandchildren's lives. Hell, they didn't even want to come see my sister's son after he was born.

My uncle is pretty cool though he and dad can get into it sometimes. Things have been a little more tense since the factory closed that they both worked at - though dad left about a year prior to it. His kids are okay sometimes but eh. Sometimes they make it their personal goal to annoy the hell out of me. My aunt, well, she's more with dad's parents. Her husband is a dick and she and my dad have had a shaky relationship for a while now. She has also made no effort to see my nephew despite multiple invitations.

I guess that brings me to my dad. My dad is a pretty awesome guy. He never got to go to college, but he never let any of his past keep him down. He started working on the floor of a factory and by the time he left he was basically running the place. He hated his job, deeply. I mean... he pretty much went through hell there for years. But he didn't quit until he had something else lined up, because of his wife and kids. He loves us deeply and has done everything to show it in a way that he never got growing up. On his side he is always the peacebringer, the most mature one willing to invite people over even though they're total assholes. He's raised me with a stern voice and nasty looks but never violence or threats.

Mom keeps everything running! Sometimes to a fault; there was a point when we were going through some hard times and she didn't let it show. She just kinda kept the finances a secret. But she's very caring and supportive and she hates my dad's mom! Just like me. Sometimes I can just talk to her and she seems to understand. I dunno... she's just very much a mom. I feel very comfortable around her.

My sis is full of spunk and likes to have fun, but she's also very, very mature. I'm hoping she goes to get her bachelor's after her son grows up a bit so she can get out of the teller world at her bank. She just has so much more going for her. We've never really fought much, though to be honest we drifted a bit when we both hit our teenage years... but she's still very caring and loving, like mom. She had an awesome son last September named Jacob who is very fun loving! Seriously, he's one of the coolest babies I've ever met. He's just so chill and loves to laugh and play. She's married, and my brother in law has done a lot of growing up in these past years. I'm very impressed with his character now compared to a few years ago, especially since they had Jacob. He's a very caring and doting father. They have a fun siberian huskey, as well.

We have a cat named Cookie. She's getting a little old, and she's fat, and likes to bite when she wants food. But she also loves cuddling with me, so...

rubah
06-23-2009, 03:25 AM
Cookie also likes to suckle. Go fig, right?

TheyLookLikeStrongHands
06-23-2009, 03:38 AM
my father and mother are the same person.

Old Manus
06-23-2009, 10:54 AM
THE BATTLEFIELD, amirite?