Blue Harvest
06-19-2009, 04:01 PM
Nope.

drotato
06-19-2009, 04:02 PM
Dang. xD

Loony BoB
06-19-2009, 04:03 PM
I used to. There is a sister-site of EoFF called the Gamer's Alliance (there's a thread in the RP forum, I believe, with details and a link) where a lot of EoFFers have RP'ed over many years. I was a talking jaguar. :aimsun:

drotato
06-19-2009, 04:07 PM
Oh, nice. I might try that. (:

Aerith's Knight
06-19-2009, 04:21 PM
I still go there, yet I think I'm the only one from EoFF

Old Manus
06-19-2009, 04:48 PM
RPing might have been interesting if people used a bit of imagination in character design.

My name is [japanese nonsense name], but most call me [noun representing a weapon]. My parents were killed by the [authoritarian government] when I was a small child, but I was raised by [a mysterious swordsman/wolves] to become the ultimate master of the blade.

My hair is [long/silver/other unconventional style] covering my eyes and I wear black [robes/trenchcoats]. I have no friends. I am a man of few words and thus am attractive to all women [or men - this is an equal oppurtunities RP]. Even though the [authoritarian government] has a highly trained and equipped mechanised infantry armed with automatic weapons, I shall show no fear and cut them all down easily with my [katana/sword/handheld melee weapon], and short one liners from [various anime/the matrix].

One day I'm going to RP as a child molester or something.

Aerith's Knight
06-19-2009, 04:56 PM
You can't RP reality, manus. >_>

Fuzakeru
06-19-2009, 04:57 PM
I RP frequently. I loooooves to RP.
I currently help run and keep organized a pretty large RPG at bleachforums.com called Halcyon Days. Its fun stuff. I'm a pink hair teenager advent human. 8D Wanna see? I spent a lot of time on my profile here! (http://www.bleachforums.com/showthread.php?t=24255)

~*~Celes~*~
06-19-2009, 05:46 PM
I used to RP quite a bit but just like mafia, I lost my interest eventually :( I'll gain it all back eventually....

Psychotic
06-19-2009, 05:50 PM
I RP a forum moderator.

drotato
06-19-2009, 05:59 PM
RPing might have been interesting if people used a bit of imagination in character design.

My name is [japanese nonsense name], but most call me [noun representing a weapon]. My parents were killed by the [authoritarian government] when I was a small child, but I was raised by [a mysterious swordsman/wolves] to become the ultimate master of the blade.

My hair is [long/silver/other unconventional style] covering my eyes and I wear black [robes/trenchcoats]. I have no friends. I am a man of few words and thus am attractive to all women [or men - this is an equal oppurtunities RP]. Even though the [authoritarian government] has a highly trained and equipped mechanised infantry armed with automatic weapons, I shall show no fear and cut them all down easily with my [katana/sword/handheld melee weapon], and short one liners from [various anime/the matrix].

One day I'm going to RP as a child molester or something.

OMG, that's funny because it's trueeee! xD

The Summoner of Leviathan
06-19-2009, 06:59 PM
Once upon a time long ago on another site. :/

Unbreakable Will
06-19-2009, 07:09 PM
Yup... bet you didn't know that :P

Rebellious Eagle
06-19-2009, 07:11 PM
I used to RP when I was 10 and 11, but now I don't really RP anymore. It's kind of lost my interest.

scrumpleberry
06-19-2009, 07:13 PM
The RP forum here is dead, when it was alive I did a bit, but it was pretty dull because of what Manus said. Also in other places I've tried to RP with SRS PLAYERS but they all write about 3 pages of utter tripe about their characters per post, which is exactly the same as all the bad stuff except spelt correctly, punctuated slightly more, and way way way longer. I did find making characters the most fun part :bigsmile: Really I wanted to play to have fun and practise writing skillz.

The Summoner of Leviathan
06-19-2009, 07:35 PM
The RP forum here is dead, when it was alive I did a bit, but it was pretty dull because of what Manus said. Also in other places I've tried to RP with SRS PLAYERS but they all write about 3 pages of utter tripe about their characters per post, which is exactly the same as all the bad stuff except spelt correctly, punctuated slightly more, and way way way longer. I did find making characters the most fun part :bigsmile: Really I wanted to play to have fun and practise writing skillz.

I have some friends who write like that, though not as long as that but I still get bored of reading it after a bit. It is usually written well, grammatical astuteness aside, but it gets tiresome reading for or five posts like that before you have to write your own. When it turns out significantly shorter, I feel as if I did not put in that much effort into it. :/

For some reason I prefer original character RPs over fandom ones. Way too many people are like "Let's RP our favourite characters in x series." Then they go about it with horrid grammar. I am no master of English grammar but I rather not see it raped beyond recognition. By this, I am referring to people who should know better, people who have been speaking and writing English their whole life. I've been in places with a 5 sentence rule minimum. You should see the things people do to get around it. Or what people consider 5 sentences...*shudders*

Captain Maxx Power
06-19-2009, 07:42 PM
I always punch, never rarely.

~*~Celes~*~
06-19-2009, 08:00 PM
Lol, I used to rp on here with my now-ex-boyfriend and our friend Joe...he would yell at us cause even in the RPs we were being all romantic towards each other :p he would start a new RP and he would say "OKAY NO ROMANCE FOR 7 PAGES" xD

but i always had fun making my characters :D

rubah
06-19-2009, 10:50 PM
I love pretending

G13
06-19-2009, 11:00 PM
I rp as a jobless 20 year old who still lives with his mom and plays/talks about video games with random people via internet on a daily basis. It's such good fun!

Shlup
06-19-2009, 11:21 PM
I use to love to RP, but I think my imagination's all but dried up. *weep*

drotato
06-19-2009, 11:22 PM
I rp as a jobless 20 year old who still lives with his mom and plays/talks about video games with random people via internet on a daily basis. It's such good fun!
Aww... good for you. =D

Unbreakable Will
06-19-2009, 11:41 PM

dude... that has got to be the best rp charcter... im jealous that mine is only 18...

G13
06-19-2009, 11:57 PM
Give it time young one, give it time.

Unbreakable Will
06-20-2009, 12:15 AM
Give it time young one, give it time.

yes, it all makes sense now

Kossage
06-20-2009, 01:48 AM
I'm still RPing at the Gamer's Alliance which BoB mentioned. We just began a new chapter, too. And yeah, we've had quite a few EoFFers RPing at the site over the years. :D

Yeah, people often like to use the character type you mentioned. However, tGA's cast has quite a few different characters with their own quirks and not just the angsty warrior types. :p

Iceglow
06-20-2009, 02:29 AM
I write for a game that is pretty much an open RP session so long as you follow the rules of the realm ect. Since it's tied in to the game actions tend to be more ruled such as a complete newb attacking a ranked human is pretty much going to end very badly for the newb, in most cases they'll be lucky if the fight ends in 2 or 3 rounds not just 1. It's still pretty imaginitive since the characters need to have a background and story which is all made up by the players.

For example over the years I have had several characters heres a few of them:

Lasuria-Bladebreak ~ probably the most famous or infamous character I have ever played. Lasuria a female drow with more than a minor psychotic streak in her was a man hating racist, facist lesbian bitch who hated everyone even her allies, though she would eventually come through for them in times of need. She originally trained in the art of the long sword but prefering to be up close and personal and also preferring a less orthodox way of fighting she changed her long blade for a pair of matching knives of ancient make. She also used a sai she called "Mercy" what would first freeze a portion of flesh around where she stabbed before an electric jolt would shatter the frozen flesh thus punching huge holes in her enemies. To wield this she infamously wore demon skin gloves.

Arrath ~ The hardest challenge in my RP history he really was a pain to play as. A ghoul (Zombie) he not only had to eat a speciffic amount of meat each day to prevent his body rotting and decomposing he also had to contend with the fact that he'd had most of his throat ripped out in his death throws and therefore was a mute. Add in to this that being a lowly conscript soldier of a king's army in his previous life he was also illiterate and thus unable to pen letters to people. The most powerful Vampire in the realm was capable of reading his thoughts but she and she alone could do so without going insane and destroying her mind in the process. I kept him going for about 4 years before the inactivity of key members of his RP and pressure to either break the RP or else change the character in for a new one proved a breaking point. I still miss the ghoul purely because he was pure evil. He never gave reason to his murders of other characters he just killed them. He never had debates or arguments with people he would just smack them with a hammer until they spoke no more.

Beoran ~ One of my current characters, Beoran is an ancient character in terms of the games existence having been created as my very first character. He's around rank 11 in the human race for the entire game which makes him quite powerful indeed, though not a patch on the 10 in front of him. Beoran is an older person than me, he's in his forties. His body is maintained at his physical peak by his healing magic, careful manipulations of the aura protecting and repairing his body have left him capable of appearing to be only around half his age. His mother died in childbirth and his father was murdered by a raiding dark elf, not because his father was a threat to them being a mere carpenter but because he was in the way and it made good sport for the enemy. Trained in Elvish combat techniques Beoran is often aloof to the world of politics but has a deep understanding of them. He perceives all battle as a dance of blades and seeks perfection using techniques designed for one much more fluid than himself. Having been trained by elves alongside elves has made him push himself harder and longer to prove himself their equal. He's been married in his lifetime and is now a widower and has since found love once more and retired from his active life of a warrior only for assasins sent to kill him to have killed her as they fought to defend themselves. He is pretty much a mercenary but has thus far kept on with the group who hired him many years back because they have become friends even though he constantly finds himself in conflict between where the group seems to be headed and where his heart and head leads him.

I would consider doing open RP but like Old Manus said most people have no imagination when it comes to RP so I prefer to do RP within a construct. If you're interested in taking a deeper look at the game I play then look at the small print in my sig :)

drotato
06-20-2009, 02:38 AM
Hm... That's cool, Ice.
I will probably take a look at your rp, and I might join it.
Though, I'll be honest, I haven't roleplayed in about....... six months, something like that. Maybe more.

Lawr
06-20-2009, 03:25 AM
I find that the funnest thing about most forum RP's is creating the characters, not actually playing.

RPing on IRC with Roogle however, is pretty epic and addicting. Everybody should try it at least once!