PDA

View Full Version : Candles

Rye
06-20-2009, 06:45 PM
Do you like them? What kinds do you love best?

I love candles. They make me remember how bad I am at using a lighter, granted, but I do love them. I usually have Glade scented candles, but I like to indulge in the ones from Yankee Candle! I'm gonna be going to get a new one soon!

I love the ones that smell like cinnamon, pumpkins, and cookies the best. Warm smells! I like to turn my lights off and sit around with candles.

Madame Adequate
06-20-2009, 06:52 PM
I like scented candles if I'm having a bath, for instance. And they're a useful backup in a power outage! Otherwise their main purpose is wax play ;)

rubah
06-20-2009, 06:53 PM
I got a beaaaaaaaaautiful candle from bath and body works, it just smells so good (sakura). I haven't burned it because my dad told me I shouldn't burn candles because they just get soot everywhere ;.; also after two years in dorms I'm kinda skittish about burning things where I live

Around 2000, I was in love with candles. I would burn them for hours just to watch them, and after a while, I poured out the wax and would shape it. I bought so many candles; we were prepared for the next ten years of electricity loss.

Breine
06-20-2009, 06:56 PM
I love candles. I have a lot of them in my two rooms. I find them to be very atmospheric and romantic. I like to have them lid with the electric lights out, and some good music playing.

I also like incense a lot.

Rantz
06-20-2009, 06:58 PM
I don't really use scented candles, just regular ones. I love candles, though, and light them when the atmosphere is right. :save: :save: :save:

Dynast-Kid
06-20-2009, 07:10 PM
I love warm scented candles too, Rye! Vanilla and Cinnamon are the best! :love:

I also like incense a lot.

Me tooo! I love the way the smoke swirls and twirls in the air before it disappears. Incense makes me feel all cool and zen~

~*~Celes~*~
06-20-2009, 07:25 PM
I love scented candles :love:

Parker
06-20-2009, 09:16 PM
There are cookie candles?!

Shoeberto
06-20-2009, 09:21 PM
Scented candles are pretty nice, but I'm partial to tart burners. You get the smell and some atmosphere from them but without fire. I tend to be forgetful, so not having something burning is a plus for me.

Quindiana Jones
06-20-2009, 11:25 PM
I like to turn my lights off and sit around with candles.

:jokey:

~*~Celes~*~
06-21-2009, 12:10 AM
There are cookie candles?!

yessir :D

Peegee
06-21-2009, 12:28 AM
Rye if you suck at using lighters spend a little more 5$ or so and get a butane lighter. It's easy as heck to use and comes in fun designs. I have an extra one I'm not sure what to do with, and the one I do have is a good conversational piece ;D

Parker
06-21-2009, 12:31 AM
yessir :D

man,. there is a whole world of candles out there i have never even dreamed of!!

Vyk
06-21-2009, 02:33 AM
I love candle light. Possibly oil lamp light too. I'm thinking about getting flameless candles. I don't feel right using candles too frequently considering I found out the hard way they can explode and wound up with the second house fire in my life a long time ago. Considered my fault. Almost got charged with arson. Weird

Shlup
06-21-2009, 04:00 AM
My favorite candle smelled like PEZ. It's all gone now.

theundeadhero
06-21-2009, 04:04 AM
I like the smell of vanilla.

Meat Puppet
06-21-2009, 04:30 AM
I pretty much only use them as backups to flashlights during a nocturnal power outage.

Jiro
06-21-2009, 04:34 AM
I don't use candles much unless it's dark and there's no power, but sometimes I like to make everything smell good and use some scented ones.

Vermachtnis
06-21-2009, 05:05 AM
I smash them for coins.

scrumpleberry
06-21-2009, 02:44 PM
I like pretty-looking candles. I NEVER WANT TO LIGHT THEM xD

Fujiko
06-21-2009, 03:29 PM
Do you like them? What kinds do you love best?

I love candles. They make me remember how bad I am at using a lighter, granted, but I do love them. I usually have Glade scented candles, but I like to indulge in the ones from Yankee Candle! I'm gonna be going to get a new one soon!

I love the ones that smell like cinnamon, pumpkins, and cookies the best. Warm smells! I like to turn my lights off and sit around with candles.

I love love LOVE candles! <3 <3 <3 and I love scented candles, usually vanilla, berries and ocean. I never tried those that smell like cookies, but I bet they smell wonderful!

I always have candles lit and lights turned off when I watch a movie at home, 'cause it's really cosy; or when it rains or when I want to relax in the bathtub. I sometimes even have candles around when I'm at the computer (not close to the comp of course ;P). My candles are everywhere and I don't think I can live without them <33

Before I could do with unscented candles as well (most of those that are really pretty are unscented), but nowadays I'm addicted to scented candles, and they usually smell of vanilla, berries or flowers. :love::love::love:

Also, if the candles are really small I usually put some beautiful rocks in pretty glass candle holders and put the candle in the glass and the glow is beauuuutiful, usually the colour of the glass is red, brown, orange or blue~ <3

qwertysaur
06-21-2009, 03:46 PM
Lavender candle burning in my room right now.
Makes my nose very happy~
My Mom loves candles and lights them everywhere.

rubah
06-21-2009, 08:25 PM
I dreamed I saw $538 candles as well as candles that smelled like mushrooms.

Rye
06-21-2009, 08:33 PM
I dreamed that I found the most perfect candle ever that smelled like cupcakes at Yankee Candles, and then found it cost almost $30 dollars, and had to leave the store sadly.

Oh wait, that's not a dream. Why can't candles be cheaper. I wanted the cupcake candle! ;___;

rubah
06-21-2009, 08:40 PM
I think I saw those in my dream as well, Rye. Originally $38 they were marked down to $4/ea when you bought 4.

Rye
06-21-2009, 10:25 PM
In your face, Yankee Candles! I found a cute candle that smells good for 7 dollars!

<a href="http://s693.photobucket.com/albums/vv298/ryechuuu/?action=view&current=candletime.jpg" target="_blank">http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv298/ryechuuu/candletime.jpg</a>

:bigsmile:

Jowy
06-21-2009, 10:28 PM
I like incense more, but candles are nice for setting the mood.

Levian
06-21-2009, 10:32 PM
I don't think I've ever bought a candle in my life.

Although now that I know there exists cookie candles...