PDA

View Full Version : Things That Annoy You About FFX

Dynast-Kid
06-21-2009, 07:04 AM
Did anyone else think that Yuna and Rikku as cousins was kind of pointless? I thought it was annoying because it didn't add anything to the plot and was just a dumb, soap opera-like detail.

And it also annoyed me how Auron always wore that stupid sling thing. Did they ever explain why he wore it (if so, I guess I wasn't paying attention to that parrt~).

SO, what annoyed you all about FFX!?

Tavrobel
06-21-2009, 07:12 AM
And it also annoyed me how Auron always wore that stupid sling thing. Did they ever explain why he wore it (if so, I guess I wasn't paying attention to that parrt~).

It's part of the ronin style of wearing things, to symbolize the loss of a master. As for his arm that remains concealed, that is likely to be a war injury from confronting Yunalesca again. He takes it out when he's ready to bust nuts.

So, yes, they explained it, in the course right after JPN283. JPN331, I believe?

FFIX Choco Boy
06-21-2009, 07:30 AM
Getting the last 2 Wings to Discovery for my armor. I just kept getting dark matter like 6 or 7 battles in a row, even though I had already gotten 99 and made all the ultimate weapons I needed. (Yeah, I know, lots and lots of farming, but what else is there to do? 500 hours+ isn't that much, though. I just wish I had gotten international version.)

Depression Moon
06-22-2009, 01:43 AM
Well having rikku being yuna's cousin is what lead to the whole HOME part of the story and Cid.

For me which I'm surprised isn't everyone's, is the laugh scene at Luca and that part at the Farplane when Tidus is talking to Yuna and when Yuna replies "Oh, I'm sorry," her mouth doesn't move at all.

To above 500hrs is a hell of a lot for one playthrough. I didn't even have that much for XII which has a ton more sidequests.

G13
06-22-2009, 04:58 AM
Tav's right about the arm thing. It probably wouldn't have annoyed you if you knew that.

The only thing I found annoying about X was Tidus' lines. Don't get me wrong, Tidus is okay, but some of the stuff he says are ridiculous.

"Aye", he sounded like one of them seagulls from Finding Nemo!
"This is my story!" Talk about narcissism.
The scene where him and Yuna start laughing when they're leaving Luca. I've never been so embarrassed for a fictional character in my life.

Skyblade
06-22-2009, 06:19 AM
I still defend the laughing scene.

I liked the scene. They're two teenagers stuck in very uncomfortable positions. Tidus, facing the reality that he'd never make it back to his home, and Yuna, facing her death when she summons the Final Aeon. Each is contemplating the end of all they've known, and neither really knows that the other is in the same situation at this point. The scene is uncomfortable and full of nervous energy, and the laugh is their way of releasing it. It sounds forced and unnatural because it was, and it was supposed to be. I thought it was quite well executed and fit perfectly with the characters and the situations they were in. And then we get to everyone else staring at them and calling them nuts, and that fit too. This sort of thing is one of the things I like about X's characters, and, while the scene may be awkward as hell, I wouldn't want it removed.

The "this is my story" was a bit self-centered. Everyone supports and helps him the entire way and he just goes "tough, this is all about me now".

killiancurse21
06-22-2009, 06:21 AM
Enemies that are JUST out of reach of being defeatable in challenges.

Ironclad in NSG (without aeons) is a perfect example. A /very/ slight reduction to his strength, or vunerability to either Power Break or Slow (not both, just one of them would be enough) would make him possible.

Apart from that, the laughing scene, general inability to skip cutscenes, and the fact that Rikku is always wearing clothes.

ReloadPsi
06-22-2009, 12:38 PM
the laugh scene at Luca

That scene is hilarious. It's basically Tidus trying so hard to say "F U" to the whole "Smile all the way!" attitude to which he's currently in no mood to adhere that he ends up making an ass of himself doing so. Yuna gets what he's doing and joins in. I just explained that even more easily than that retarded "You're Not Alone!" scene from FFIX and yet everyone continues to defend that awful crap and trash this.

Internal monologue version:

Tidus: "Laugh? What? I just had the biggest bombshell dropped on my life, I hate my very existence at this minute and you want me to smurfing laugh? Fine, I'll show you some bloody laughter. Get a load of this. This'll make sure you never try and patronize me like that again!"

Christ, I bet you assholes slagged off the fight choreography in Team America too.

Anyway.

The cutscenes. If they were in any way skippable I would've played the game more than once.

blackmage_nuke
06-22-2009, 01:21 PM
Ridiculus mini-game sidequests.

Garnie
06-22-2009, 01:28 PM
THE DAMN CHOCOBOS!!!!
IT'S IMPOSSIBLE DAMN IT!!
I TRIED I REALLY REALLY TRIED!!!!
that stupid race thing made me almost destroy people and there lives!!!

Elly
06-22-2009, 01:52 PM
i agree with the Chocobo thing, i mean after the excelent Chocobo Races in VII, they decide to stick Tidus on the most stupid & unresponsive Chocobo that any character has ever had the misfortune of having to ride in the entire FF Universe... i kow it's supposed to be a little difficult to get Ultimate Weapons, but come on, this is absurd... maybe like only 10% of the population (that has ever played and beat this game) has ever done this without using some kind of cheat device, and maybe 5% of those have lied about not using one...

*disclaimer: the x% used are not real but mearly a guestimation for emphasis*

Rebellious Eagle
06-22-2009, 02:23 PM
The stupid Chocobo racing, yeah. I busted a controller because of it. :|

FFIX Choco Boy
06-22-2009, 03:46 PM
i agree with the Chocobo thing, i mean after the excelent Chocobo Races in VII, they decide to stick Tidus on the most stupid & unresponsive Chocobo that any character has ever had the misfortune of having to ride in the entire FF Universe... i kow it's supposed to be a little difficult to get Ultimate Weapons, but come on, this is absurd... maybe like only 1% of the population (that has ever played and beat this game) has ever done this without using some kind of cheat device, and maybe .5% of those have lied about not using one...

*disclaimer: the x% used are not real but mearly a guestimation for emphasis*

Fix'd

G13
06-22-2009, 10:27 PM
I did the 0:00:00 Chocobo race. I did it twice. The thing I kept telling myself (so as not to kill my entire family out of rage) was that sooner or later I'll get it.

Tavrobel
06-22-2009, 11:13 PM
I did the 0:00:03 Chocobo race. Cool stuff.

trancekuja
06-22-2009, 11:38 PM
Ride ze shoopuf?

Lone Wolf Leonhart
06-23-2009, 09:50 PM
I was annoyed trying to dodge the 8 trillion lightning bolts in the thunder plains just to get the prize in the chest at the al bhed shop. You have to start all over again if you get hit by one.

I'll pass.

Also, the chocobo challenge in the calm lands.

Medi
06-23-2009, 10:56 PM
Gah, yeah, I can only ever get to about 12 seconds on the Chocobo race. Dammitalltothefarplane.

I also hate blitzball. I always fail miserably. :(

BG-57
06-23-2009, 11:32 PM
Tidus with a megaphone.

And I prefered Rikku in the goggles and jumpsuit.

Depression Moon
06-24-2009, 12:46 AM
the laugh scene at Luca

That scene is hilarious. It's basically Tidus trying so hard to say "F U" to the whole "Smile all the way!" attitude to which he's currently in no mood to adhere that he ends up making an ass of himself doing so. Yuna gets what he's doing and joins in. I just explained that even more easily than that retarded "You're Not Alone!" scene from FFIX and yet everyone continues to defend that awful crap and trash this.

Come on you can't dis the best thing in all of FF history. At least you're Not Alone made you look over you shoulder to make sure nobody was watching you play it. I agree about it not being cut because there's no other video game that makes me feel like that.

I forgot you couldn't skip cutscenes now that i remember. I had to watch nearly all of Seymour's entrance at Mt. Gagazet at least seven times.

Sephex
06-24-2009, 04:40 AM
The screenshot of the scene below was kind of pointless.

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s26/Sephex/1229890737244.jpg

Also, I have done that Chocobo race with a 0:00:00 time with no real difficulty.

Cyric
06-24-2009, 04:50 AM
#1 Not being able to play FFX-International without an emulator.
#2 The 200 Lightning Dodges
#3 Finishing the Chocobo Race with 0:00:00 (no, I have never been able to do it)

Fuzakeru
06-24-2009, 04:34 PM
I still defend the laughing scene.

I liked the scene. They're two teenagers stuck in very uncomfortable positions. Tidus, facing the reality that he'd never make it back to his home, and Yuna, facing her death when she summons the Final Aeon. Each is contemplating the end of all they've known, and neither really knows that the other is in the same situation at this point. The scene is uncomfortable and full of nervous energy, and the laugh is their way of releasing it. It sounds forced and unnatural because it was, and it was supposed to be. I thought it was quite well executed and fit perfectly with the characters and the situations they were in. And then we get to everyone else staring at them and calling them nuts, and that fit too. This sort of thing is one of the things I like about X's characters, and, while the scene may be awkward as hell, I wouldn't want it removed.

Thank you! I loved this scene. If someone didn't know what was going on then I'm sure they'd watch the scene and go, "What the hell... is this poor acting or poor writing?" but knowing what we do when we play this part... well, I found it powerful.

G13
06-26-2009, 12:21 AM
I did the 0:00:03 Chocobo race. Cool stuff.

???

Vice Nebulosa
07-08-2009, 08:26 AM
Wakka. :mad:

And, if those two syllables did not speak sufficiently for themselves, the fact that he hurls that freaking ball of his underwater in hopes of dealing some kind of damage. "Magical Blitzball designed to ignore physics", my ass; the man irritates me, and I will be damned if I am allocating any suspension of disbelief to him.

And also, I cannot imagine that it was necessary to have Lady Yunalesca's character design so closely resemble that of an unusually forthright stripper. :roll2 I can understand the desire to create a contrast between the "beauty" of her fleshly disguise and the hideous creature she is to become, but to reference her nudity so crudely as with a frigging thong entirely butchers any possibility that her prophetic words might carry some dignity. If her design was intended to contrast the demure Yuna, as well, there were better ways to handle it. Some sort of gossamer-thin and flowing apparel could have maintained a provocative air without dragging the woman into the gutter. Or perhaps a sarong of some kind, if we are still unwilling to let go of the cleavage. Even Shiva was not so obviously a sexual object for the benefit of a young male audience; Shiva had a certain grace, damn it. :mad2:

Vermachtnis
07-08-2009, 04:41 PM
Ride ze shoopuf?

Wait, which part annoyed you? The Hypello, the shoopuf, or that next boss battle? Cause the Hypello speak is awesome! But the shoopuf design got on my nerves too. It was ugly.

I hate the laughing scene too. Not the scene itself, but because my friend would not shut up about it.

Namelessfengir
07-08-2009, 05:19 PM
the fact that Rikku is always wearing clothes.

this

the blantent racism.... the al bhed are cool damn people, they're subjugated because they got the balls to figure that religious doctrine is crap

The Space Pope
07-08-2009, 06:38 PM
So much to choose from.

The disneyesque dialogue

The fact that the game felt so confined and linear; it felt like more of a charter bus tour than anything is the only way I can describe this. You go to an area, do stuff, and never really have much of a reason to come back afterward except for capturing monsters.

Tidus, Rikku, and WAKKA. Ya? Ya? Ya? YayayayaSHUTUPALREADY

How about I just put the things that didn't annoy me.
-The battle system
-Most of the music
-Auron
-Jecht
-Blitzball

Shattered Dreamer
07-09-2009, 01:06 PM
2 things really bothered me about this game:

1.Its too damn linear! If when your doing sidequests your moving backwards or forwards on the same straight line!

2. The game takes a huge dig at organised religion. The fact that everyone believed in Yevon so blindly & that summoners beating Sin with the Final Aeon is only way everyone can be happy turning out to be a crock of $h1t. Now I'm not exactly a defender of organised religion but come on 90% of people criticize religion in some way, shape or form. Video games shouldn't bother.

Apart from these 2 points I loved this game:p

trancekuja
07-09-2009, 01:17 PM
2. The game takes a huge dig at organised religion. The fact that everyone believed in Yevon so blindly & that summoners beating Sin with the Final Aeon is only way everyone can be happy turning out to be a crock of $h1t. Now I'm not exactly a defender of organised religion but come on 90% of people criticize religion in some way, shape or form. Video games shouldn't bother.

But...but...every self-respecting RPG must criticize organized religion!

Elly
07-09-2009, 02:27 PM
really, why not take a shot at a flawed concept that causes people to irrationaly hate & murder in the name of their beliefs, remember the crusades, probably not, i'm sure they prolly don't teach that in schools anymore anyway... since i don't watch TV at all and hardly ever go to the movies to see the supposed catholic/organized religion bashing movies like "Golden Compass" or "Angels & Demons" i'm glad to see a medium i enjoy tackling the issue... it's selfish and unfair to say one medium can take on the issue whereas another can not, if you're just sick of seeing the same subject do what i do when i'm tired of seeing the same territory constantly retread and shut it off... but of course your opinion is still your opinion...

Vice Nebulosa
07-09-2009, 07:41 PM
really, why not take a shot at a flawed concept that causes people to irrationaly hate & murder in the name of their beliefs, remember the crusades, probably not, i'm sure they prolly don't teach that in schools anymore anyway... since i don't watch TV at all and hardly ever go to the movies to see the supposed catholic/organized religion bashing movies like "Golden Compass" or "Angels & Demons" i'm glad to see a medium i enjoy tackling the issue... it's selfish and unfair to say one medium can take on the issue whereas another can not, if you're just sick of seeing the same subject do what i do when i'm tired of seeing the same territory constantly retread and shut it off...

Bam. :mwahaha: Basically covered everything that needed saying there. Lovely. ^_^

Skyblade
07-09-2009, 08:40 PM
Yeah, sorry, the whole "relegion is evil" thing is really boring and overdone already, even in video games. FFT did it, after all, in a more compelling and logical way than FFX for that matter. And SquareEnix is clearly considering the trend. FFXII reuses the concept, and it seems FFXIII is going to have at least some aspects of it.

Shattered Dreamer
07-09-2009, 08:57 PM
The whole religion bashing just isn't necessary shows poor creative writing skill & an unimaginative mind, which is a strange thing to say about the the people who brought Final Fantasy to the world in the first place!

Old Manus
07-09-2009, 09:43 PM
Endless grindan in order to beat the dark aeons.

Depression Moon
07-09-2009, 11:11 PM
Yeah, sorry, the whole "relegion is evil" thing is really boring and overdone already, even in video games.

Uhh, I don't think so I've probably played about a 100 games and out of those only X and X-2 had looked at religion in a negative manner.

Sword
07-10-2009, 12:28 AM
Yeah I also haven't seen very many games tackle religion.

The thing I hate most about FFX (and I'm surprised no one else mentioned this) is the animation. It is god damn awful. The movements, gestures and postures in FF8 look WAY more realistic. How the hell did they end up taking that backwards step?

The Space Pope
07-10-2009, 03:36 AM
I have seen quite a few games tackle religion in some form.

Also just because a game involves religion doesn't make it about religion. This is directed the poster who said FF12 reuses the religious concept.

I feel that this concept is used because it is a common issue that many of you humans the world over can relate to on any given number of levels, same reason why they have sappy awkward romances in games. In this way you can relate to the story or characters thus making it a more pleasurable experience, not to mention how deep and intricate religions run throughout society and within themselves, same applies to mythology which is pretty much the same thing IMO.

But, my religion is great. I do not make my followers do anything except provide me offerings of flat rocks to lay on and flies to eat. You humans do not sit on your young to warm them. I am confused by this.

Skyblade
07-10-2009, 05:11 AM
Also just because a game involves religion doesn't make it about religion. This is directed the poster who said FF12 reuses the religious concept.

FFXII did reuse the whole "relegion is evil" thing. Half of the game's theme is about the rebellion against the Occurians for keeping the world enslaved. The fight between the "gods" and men.

The Space Pope
07-10-2009, 05:18 AM
FFXII did reuse the whole "relegion is evil" thing. Half of the game's theme is about the rebellion against the Occurians for keeping the world enslaved. The fight between the "gods" and men.First, nobody stated that the Occurians were inherently evil, just manipulators, and arguably for the greater good. Second, no masses of people were worshipping the Occurians and lived by guidelines set by them, nor any other hierarchy for that matter. In fact few people even knew they even existed. Simply mentioning a religious figure or a God doesn't mean a game has anything to do with religion.

Darkswordofchaos
07-10-2009, 08:00 AM
Yeah, sorry, the whole "relegion is evil" thing is really boring and overdone already, even in video games. FFT did it, after all, in a more compelling and logical way than FFX for that matter. And SquareEnix is clearly considering the trend. FFXII reuses the concept, and it seems FFXIII is going to have at least some aspects of it. were is religon bashing in ff 12

FFT anyone if that isnt a blatent reference to christianity idk what is
But...but...every self-respecting RPG must criticize organized religion!

Shattered Dreamer
07-10-2009, 07:25 PM
Vayne Solidor wanting to put back history back in the hands of man & away from the Occuria ie the gods. Religion bashing!

The Space Pope
07-10-2009, 08:39 PM
Vayne Solidor wanting to put back history back in the hands of man & away from the Occuria ie the gods. Religion bashing!
Again, no. There was no "religion" that worshiped Occurians nor any other deity or figure for that matter which is the very basis of a religion.

Just because a game depicts a deity doesn't mean it's automatically part of some religion. By that logic, the Artemis Bow found in many games, or something like "Thor's Hammer" would be considered a religious relic.

Darkswordofchaos
07-10-2009, 11:40 PM

the only religion is ff XII is the one one the mountain i cant remember the name right now but if anything it paints them the good guys now the religion were the worship st.ajora (ultima?)d that comes up in a few thousand years and pushes this one away does get bashed in fft

BG-57
07-11-2009, 01:43 AM
Yeah, Ajora and the Glabados church are only aluded to in FFXII. How the Espers possess the Zodiac Braves is never explained.

Darkswordofchaos
07-11-2009, 02:33 AM
Yeah, Ajora and the Glabados church are only aluded to in FFXII. How the Espers possess the Zodiac Braves is never explained.

i geuss god servant powers?
Who is zodiark in fft?

BG-57
07-11-2009, 02:54 AM
A Summon that Elidibs (aka Serpentarius) casts in the final level of Deep Dungeon (aka Midlight's Deep). If a Summoner gets hit with it and survives, he learns it.

That's why it's normally impossible to master the Summon job, there's always an empty spell slot, much like the slot for Ultima in Ramza's Squire job.

Darkswordofchaos
07-11-2009, 02:58 AM
oooo thats why i didnt remember him. I need to get a new copy of fft and play it again t tryed to emulate it it wouldent work though

BG-57
07-11-2009, 03:09 AM
I actually managed to master the Summon job of all my characters, but that was the PSX version of the game, without all the changes in the PSP version.

The trick about Elidibs is he always avoids targeting Ramza with Zodiac. So send in a generic with low faith. Teaching it to the rest of the party involves another floor in Deep Dungeon, where one random encounter involves two enemy Summoners. Paralyze a monster and immobilize the Summoners, lower their faith, and hit them with Zodiac. Kill 'em both and there's a 50% chance they'll drop a crystal.

I heard the PSP version makes learning by crystals much tougher.

Darkswordofchaos
07-11-2009, 03:12 AM
i havent played it on psp im thinking about geting one just for FFT

BG-57
07-11-2009, 03:16 AM
Unless I make a friend with both a PSP and FFT, I'm going to pass. Too much cool stuff that requires co-op play.

Darkswordofchaos
07-11-2009, 03:18 AM
oh
I wish those bassholes on ebay wouldent charge like 50-60 bucks for FFT

Edit: look at this crap Final Fantasy Tactics Factory Sealed ULTRA RARE ERROR - eBay (item 270411835483 end time Jul-19-09 14:17:25 PDT) (http://cgi.ebay.com/Final-Fantasy-Tactics-Factory-Sealed-ULTRA-RARE-ERROR_W0QQitemZ270411835483QQcmdZViewItemQQ_pidZ2257QQmediaitemZ1QQptZVideo_Games_Games?hash=item3ef 5cd285b&_trksid=p4295.c0.m312&_trkparms=|293%3A1|294%3A50)

BG-57
07-11-2009, 03:26 AM
At any rate, the Glabados church in the 1000 years after FFXII is clearly modeled on the medieval Catholic church, populated with venal, corrupt clergy, and self-righteous knights that subjegate the population. There are individual religious people that are quite virtuous, but the concept of an institutional religion seems (in the context of the game) is built on a tissue of lies and historical coverups.

Darkswordofchaos
07-11-2009, 03:37 AM
just like the catholic church.

If you really pay attention to the story itll make you ask a lot of questions about the church and organized religoin

BG-57
07-11-2009, 03:49 AM
Xenogears has almost exactly the same take as FFT.

One can quibble whether the modern Church is still like that outside of Dan Brown novels.

Darkswordofchaos
07-11-2009, 03:59 AM
i would say not so much

Skyblade
07-11-2009, 11:07 PM
Xenogears has almost exactly the same take as FFT.

One can quibble whether the modern Church is still like that outside of Dan Brown novels.

One could, but that would be something for EoEO. We've drifted a bit off topic here.

Seymour is one of my big annoyances with FFX. He was an extremely poorly designed villain. His backstory was interesting enough, and the scene in Baaj Temple was nice, but adult Seymour was terrible.

Darkswordofchaos
07-11-2009, 11:44 PM
Seymour is one of my big annoyances with FFX. He was an extremely poorly designed villain. His backstory was interesting enough, and the scene in Baaj Temple was nice, but adult Seymour was terrible.

he reaks of to much villian.
the first time i played FFX when i first saw him i was like ill be damned if thats not a bad guy. then i found out who he was then he helps you i was like damn maby im wron. luckily he proves me right.

Skyblade
07-12-2009, 12:37 AM
See, when he helps you fight, all I was thinking was:

"Does Square really think this makes it so that I will be surprised when he turns out to be a bad guy?"

He was way too obvious. Plus, I feel that the people in Luca were idiots, because it took me about two seconds to realize that Seymour had let the fiends in.

Elly
07-12-2009, 01:52 PM
yep Seymore is the obvious villan the moment he steps off that boat in the beginning, and if his appearance (facial expressions, body language) didn't give it away i'm sure the music in the background did, his music was black and ominous from the moment you first see him...

Jiro
07-12-2009, 02:11 PM

"Does Square really think this makes it so that I will be surprised when he turns out to be a bad guy?"

He was way too obvious. Plus, I feel that the people in Luca were idiots, because it took me about two seconds to realize that Seymour had let the fiends in.

He was very obviously a bad guy, but I didn't even think to make the connection between the fiends and Seymour. You have a good point there.

I feel that Seymour was pushed too much to be the bad guy. It's like he couldn't just give up and let Sin/Yevon be the real baddie.

Skyblade
07-12-2009, 02:39 PM
The coincidence was a bit too much.

Fiends happen to break into an extremely heavily guarded facility at the height of the tournament, when there were the most people there, and, thus, when security would have been at its highest? And it all occurs when there just happens to be a summoner there who is powerful enough to defeat them all in seconds while the largest amount of people can look at him in awe?

Yeah, subtle timing there, Seymour.

Shattered Dreamer
07-12-2009, 08:31 PM
Again, no. There was no "religion" that worshiped Occurians nor any other deity or figure for that matter which is the very basis of a religion.

Just because a game depicts a deity doesn't mean it's automatically part of some religion. By that logic, the Artemis Bow found in many games, or something like "Thor's Hammer" would be considered a religious relic.

The Occuria are referred to as the Gods. God = presence of religion.

ReloadPsi
07-12-2009, 09:36 PM

The very first scene to include him has spooky music, if I recall. What was anyone to expect? :P

Sword
07-12-2009, 09:48 PM
It didn't seem like square really wanted to hide the fact that Seymour was a bad guy. The twist was that the other maesters with working WITH him. So Seymour's obviousness shouldn't really annoy anyone.

Skyblade
07-13-2009, 12:40 AM
The obviousness was only part of it. He was a bland nonentity with zero personality. He was a wannabe villain, not a real one. I mean, he basically went around shouting "look at me, I'm evil" by the end. He was trying so hard to be a credible villain, but it was so pathetic I couldn't even feel sorry for him.

Shattered Dreamer
07-13-2009, 12:20 PM
It didn't seem like square really wanted to hide the fact that Seymour was a bad guy. The twist was that the other maesters with working WITH him. So Seymour's obviousness shouldn't really annoy anyone.

Yeah I'd have to agree with that. Seymour in the way he carried himself was never going to be anything but a villain. And the fact Tidus the main character took a dislike to him from day 1 is a bit of a give away too.

Shiny
07-14-2009, 08:56 PM
Auron dying relatively young and then some how aging even after death.

The fact that there isn't any way to go around having to dodge so many thunder bolts in order to complete Lulu's ultimate weapon.

Darkswordofchaos
07-15-2009, 12:02 AM
The Occuria are referred to as the Gods. God = presence of religion.

They are gods in the litaral sencse. they arnt worshiped though. gods dont necisarily mean religion

Mirage
07-15-2009, 01:06 AM
It's no problem for a god to exist without there being a religion to worship it. Except that, you know, gods don't exist.

Shlup
07-15-2009, 06:27 AM
There are in FFX.

Darkswordofchaos
07-15-2009, 06:33 AM
It's no problem for a god to exist without there being a religion to worship it. Except that, you know, gods don't exist.

Dangit Bobby,we're talkin bout them vidya games

Skyblade
07-15-2009, 06:52 AM
I was also annoyed by the fact that the relegion shared its name with the "god" it worshipped (assuming they did actually worship Yu-Yevon in some way, even if he was all but forgotten, instead of worshipping the organization), because sometimes it made it difficult to tell exactly which they were talking about.