PDA

View Full Version : Speed Square

G13
06-21-2009, 10:31 AM
OMG I did it! I got 3000 points (first try of the new save file too) and got the Masamune blade... Now what do I do with it? I heard one of them rumors about a Sephiroth clone joining your party and using it until all your party members reach lv. 99 then he leaves, but I don't see this happening. Does anyone know what it's really for?

FFIX Choco Boy
06-21-2009, 05:05 PM
Souvenir, like the tissues, I would think.

Skyblade
06-21-2009, 05:45 PM
No purpose, just there to look cool in your inventory.

MJN SEIFER
06-21-2009, 09:43 PM
The same can be said for 1/35 Soldiers and Super Sweepers, Square often put in "collectable" items, that have no general use in the game other than to just "be there". FFIX took it a step further, and had a full detailed description of the item though.

I assume it's to add some semi-realism? People do have collectable items, which have no general use in real life. Either that or their true purpose was cut out...

G13
06-21-2009, 11:32 PM
Damn. I got two Masamune's now, two Super Sweepers, and 4 1/35 Soldiers. It would have been nice to find a use for them. I know you could throw them... buuut I don't think I'll do that. Thanks.

chrcoluk
07-02-2009, 06:37 AM
this is one part of the game I cannot do, I struggle to even get 1000 points on speed square, its just all too fast for me, is it even possible without a turbo controller.

This means in all the times I have played ff7 I have never ever had the umbrella.

MJN SEIFER
07-02-2009, 10:57 PM
this is one part of the game I cannot do, I struggle to even get 1000 points on speed square, its just all too fast for me, is it even possible without a turbo controller.

This means in all the times I have played ff7 I have never ever had the umbrella.

Are you holding the "O" button down? If so, then don't it weakens the gun, the best bet is to press "O" rappidly so your gun's energy stays close to full. This is especially useful when faced with the UFO near the end. And don't stop firing even when you can't see it.

Saber
07-03-2009, 12:37 AM
The 1/35 Soldiers are used for Cait Siths limit break. Who's to say the other items don't have the same purpose? It would be cool to make the tiny bronco fly, Sephiroth Join the party, Zack as a playable character, and revive Aeris. But there is no way in HELL! Sorry maybe in the remake.

Elly
07-03-2009, 05:24 PM
and where did you get this super special secret info concerning Cait Sith's Limit Break?.. considering i have not seen it in the Official Manual or Strategy Guide, aside from the fact that you get the 1/35th Soldiers long before you ever get Cait Sith to even compare the DMG stats of with & without the soldiers... essentialy it's a rumor, like the Masamume Blade gets you a Sephiroth Clone that replaces Vincent and the Tissues being used to revive Aerith...

MJN SEIFER
07-03-2009, 10:47 PM
The 1/35 Soldiers are used for Cait Siths limit break. Who's to say the other items don't have the same purpose? It would be cool to make the tiny bronco fly, Sephiroth Join the party, Zack as a playable character, and revive Aeris. But there is no way in HELL! Sorry maybe in the remake.

You're thinking of the "Toy Soldiers" attack aren't you? Well I'm sorry, but it has no relovance to that attack or any other. I thought that too originally, but I tested it out, nothing major happened.

Saber
07-04-2009, 03:52 AM
I've just heard of people on this site say that the 1/35 soldiers effect the limit break. I never tried to see for myself cause the only way I know to get them is in Junon and gold saucer. So yeah forgive me for going on what other people said. I don't feel like looking for them myself.

Elly
07-04-2009, 04:48 PM
it's cool, but you should really check out rumors before you unintentionaly mislead someone, but i also understand taking info on boards for granted as well... the moral, it's always best to check a rumor out for yourself you may find you've been misled but you may also find something you originaly missed along the way the first time you went through... also following up on rumors can be fun even if the end is a lie, gawd knows i tried every rumor to revive Aerith just to disprove the rumors...

oddler
07-05-2009, 12:43 AM
Now you have to shoot for 5,000 points! It's really hard for me to do because the controls feel backward to me. Up is up and down is down instead of the pitch being inverted. Throws me off something crazy. And yeah, the masamune replica is just a useless prize.

As far as a tissue goes, I always figured it was a joke item for not fully completing the battle mini-game. Like, here you go, now go cry in a corner and use this to wipe your tears. Except that you get one for winning if I remember correctly, also. :\

Elly
07-05-2009, 01:13 AM
yeah the tissue is for drying your tears of joy or grief...
i know what you mean by the inverted pitch, i'm used to flight simulators that use actual physics as opposed to up arrow is up and down arrow is down, which feels all kinds of awkward, it throws me off the first dozen times...

G13
07-05-2009, 01:16 PM
One of the rumors I heard what to do with these items were: Take the Super Sweeper to Cid's wife (I forgot her name) and she'll fix it up and it'll join your party; The Masamune gets you a Sephi clone, as previously stated; And the 1/35 soldiers go on a mantle in the Costa del Sol home. I'm not saying any of them are true, I'm just telling you for :bou::bou::bou::bou:'s and giggles.