PDA

View Full Version : Bug invasion

Rye
06-21-2009, 01:58 PM
My room has been invaded by bugs in two waves lately, because New York has been raining nearly non-stop for the past two weeks. We stole Seattle's weather. '

First, they came in thrhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/ough my left window and the garage below my room, and they all pooled under my fish tank, around my laptop. I woke up, opened my laptop, and bugs were crawling in and out of it. It was a nightmare.

The next bug invasion was last night, with bugs crawling all around my bedside drawer. It was gross and I freaked out because it was near m bed.

Vacuuming, spraying, Windex-ing. What would PETA say? I'm always very tolerant of spiders, and if they're not near my bed, I let them crawl around, and I only take them outside if they're giant or near my bed, but these things were horrible tiny ants and tiny winged bugs. Hateeeeee! :mad2:

What was your bug invasion?

Old Manus
06-21-2009, 02:28 PM
ZERG RUSH

Levian
06-21-2009, 02:36 PM
First, they came in thrhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/ough my left window

wut? :laugh:

Anyway, stop advertising, Rye.

Madame Adequate
06-21-2009, 02:46 PM
http://guide2games.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/earthdefenseforce2017-2.jpg

So many bugs :(

Meat Puppet
06-21-2009, 02:50 PM
One morning a few years back, bees were swarming outside of my house. Something to the tune of... gee, I couldn’t even give an estimate... it was a pretty big house, and the bees surrounded it like a cloud. I was trapped! I didn’t really know what to do, as I was home alone at that point. I just hid in my room and hoped they would go away, but... boy, was it scary (I’m allergic to their stings!). I could hear them buzzing all day. Sometimes they a few would fine their way in, and I’d panic like an idiot trying to avoid them.
By the afternoon, there were only a few of the left. Phew, I thought! Problem solved.

I was wrong.

The bees decided to move in. The best part, of course, is that they lived in the very walls of <i>my room</i>. Bah! They would move out in the morning—a constant stream of bee emitting from a corner in one a window’s base for the early hours; and then, they’d come back in the evening.
I could hear them in the walls—humming, buzzing, moving around... it was actually quite crazy.
They did come with a pleasant smell, well, my whole room smelled of them. It was quite sweet, and kind of homely, but due to the constant exposure to it, and considering its source, it made me start to feel sick eventually.

They would also come out at night, if I were up late and had the lights on; I don’t know, I guess they thought it was the sun or something. Bees would ram into it for hours, and sometimes fall onto the floor... or onto me. Now, those were hot Australian nights, so I would be shirtless, and then... as soon as those little claws dug into my skin I would just freeze in trepidation and not move until it would leave—and, as you know, if a bee touches your skin, it still feels like it’s on you well after it has left. Well, I feel that way anyway.
It was risky being in that room, but I couldn’t move, and some things were worth the risk.
Yes, I remember. No... that’s another story.

Anyway. We called the landlord, since he insisted that he would take care of any bug problems we had (he was actually a fairly useless Greek man. He came to deal with cockroaches before, and he failed miserably. He also... oh dear, that’s another story.) Bah, we should have just called in the professionals, but... he was... well, what’s done is done. He evaluated the problem, seemed to make out as if he knew what to do, and then he said he’d be right back as he needed to fetch a few things. He never came back.

Fortunately I only got stung twice during the time the bees and I shared together.
The lease on that place ended before we got rid of the bees. The landlord didn’t want to renew the lease, and neither did we. The bees won. Apparently they left a few weeks after we moved out.

Unfortunately, I have not the wits about me to proof-read or polish this post up in any way so... I gotta apologize for any errors p.

Rye
06-21-2009, 02:58 PM
First, they came in thrhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/ough my left window

wut? :laugh:

Anyway, stop advertising, Rye.

I don't even know. xDDD

Unbreakable Will
06-21-2009, 03:00 PM

LMAO!

qwertysaur
06-21-2009, 03:15 PM
We had the ants too Rye! It was bad. The exterminator came and sprayed, and now they are all gone. PETA probably wants my head though :Eek:

Jessweeee♪
06-21-2009, 08:06 PM
When I was in elementary school we all came home one day to see japanese beetles aaaaaaaalll over the windows and curtains of the north side of the house. Seriously, it was just a big wiggly mass of ORANGE. My dad paid my brother and I a nickel for each one we could put in a bag. By the time we moved out four years later we were still finding dead beetles in the light fixtures.

BEES

Gawd that's awful D:

rubah
06-21-2009, 08:38 PM
There's a small hole in the seal of my door, and I think that's where all these damn bugs have been coming in. I SQUISH SO MANY YET THERE"S ALWAYS MORE.

There's an unlucky spider in the laundry room who has made a web and is waiting for bugs, but she doesn't realize that flying insects can't make it in there because I put a blanket up in the doorway :(

Heath
06-21-2009, 09:30 PM

My God, I hate that game.

I had a moth just sitting on my desk before. In spite of my obvious fear of PETA's wrath, I'm afraid I squished it like the inhumane monster I am. I'll always kill flies, but I generally leaves spiders.

Tavrobel
06-21-2009, 09:33 PM
I have a trusty, reliable Fire/Flying Pokemon in my team, and a vacuum. Bring those suckers on.

Jess
06-21-2009, 09:57 PM
I just can't stand bugs, spiders, bees, flies or anything like that being inside my house at all.

I can't stand spiders outside yet alone in my house! they terrify me, I will make somebody else remove them and if there is nobody else there to save me I will have to resort to getting the hoover out... :(

Necronopticous
06-21-2009, 10:00 PM
Thru greeting
grated metal torn
and gaping glass,
they trespass.
Antennae and cerci
over sill and skin
not yet to wake
as Hell takes shape.