PDA

View Full Version : No Sphere Grid Monster Arena

killiancurse21
06-22-2009, 05:46 AM
For those of you who've heard about this, but can't be bothered trying it yourself and want to see it in action...

No Sphere Grid Monster Arena playlist on Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=061B2258ACEFC2BC)

Videos of every monster arena creation being beaten in No Sphere Grid - where possible, without the use of aeons. (In the end, I had to use them for Ironclad, Th'uban, Neslug, Ultima Buster and Nemesis. The rest - Vorban and Jumbo Flan included - were beaten without aeons.)

Ultima and Omega Weapons (the PAL version ones) are also there, also done without aeons. I'm working on doing the dark aeons, but so far have only got Ixion (both fights, no aeons) and Shiva (had to use an aeon). Expect Dark Valefor and Dark Ifrit soon, the others may be a while.

Zeromus_X
06-22-2009, 09:50 AM
Woah, it took me forever to beat those guys with the Sphere Grid and all that stuff...props to them.

killiancurse21
06-22-2009, 10:02 AM
Some of those took ages too, though.

While the majority of the videos there were first-attempt successes, some of them took numerous attempst before I finally won.

Omega Weapon took four or five attempts, Malboro Menace took a couple, Vorban holds the record at nearly 300 attempts before I finally beat him, Jumbo Flan was beaten the first time I tried to record it but I had lost to him before that while trying just to see if it was even possible, Fafnir took at least a dozen tries, Shinryu took about 50 (I got really lucky there - most people who've beaten him say it took them over a thousand tries), the first Dark Ixion battle took about a dozen, and the second two or three.

Then, you also have to consider the preparation time. My general armour for everyone was Ribbon, Auto-Haste, Auto-Phoenix, Auto-Regen. On top of that, for some specific battles, I used custom armour for Auron - usually HP+30%, HP+20%, Defence or Magic Defence+20% and either Auto-Phoenix or Auto-Potion, but the one I used for Catastrophe needed Ribbon on it. >_>

So, it's not something that can be done in 10 minutes... but when you get as experienced in the game as I am, it's mostly viable.