PDA

View Full Version : outlets on front of my tv don't work

Lone Wolf Leonhart
06-23-2009, 05:42 AM
My old television broke, so I brought in another one from my garage. Well it turns out that the video/audio outlets on the front of the tv (the yellow and white colored ones) don't work. The only thing on the back of my tv is the plug in for the cable.

I want to play my playstation 2, but I need to find a place to put my yellow/red/white cords so that the video and audio shows up on the screen.

Thanks.

Brennan
06-24-2009, 03:13 AM
Maybe you can use a VCR, but picture quality is supposingly reduced, though I've never noticed it, unless the cable moved out of place, and the picture went fuzzy.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
06-24-2009, 08:12 AM
And than how could I in turn connect something from my dvd player to my tv?

Shoeberto
06-24-2009, 01:56 PM
You would need to have something with a coax (cable) connection to plug in. I don't think many DVD players do coax, so you'd almost definitely need a VCR. Most of them do have some sort of AV input that can get sent out as a coax connection.

Barring that, you might be able to find a PS2 coax video cable. I used to have one - it plugs straight from your Playstation to the coax jack on the back of your TV.

Jiro
06-24-2009, 03:17 PM
The outlets on the side of my TV broke, so I have to manually change them in the back each time I want to change consoles. It sucks, but I haven't found a way to fix it.

In response to your problem (:p) it looks like you'll have to use a coax cable like Hsu said. I haven't seen one in a long time though, so you might have to search around a bit.

rubah
06-24-2009, 05:05 PM
you could get a switch box thing, jiro. Stu has one, and basically you plug all your consoles/dvd players etc into it, and you plug it into your tv, so you just press a button when you want to switch from xbox to wii to vcr.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
06-26-2009, 08:49 PM
Thank you to everyone who tried to help.

As for now, I will use the television in my living room when no one is awake.

Mirage
06-27-2009, 07:57 PM
Don't you have a SCART connector on your TV?

Carl the Llama
06-28-2009, 09:12 AM
seeing as he has only a yellow and a white connection on his tv I can assume its a very old tv and therefor might not have any scart connections.