PDA

View Full Version : Supposition

rubah
06-23-2009, 07:49 PM
Here is a hypothesis for you.

videogame forums are higher on the Techie Lore than anime forums, but also higher on the Interpersonal Skills than straight computer forums.

debate!

Fuzakeru
06-23-2009, 08:08 PM
OMG, did you see what NARUTO DID DONE IN DAT FYGHT?
I mod an anime forum. :cry:

I think the difference is that this forum is full of smartasses who enjoy games as well as social interaction instead of people who want to argue about the newest Deus Ex Machina random artist / writer pulled out of his pants this week.

And to dumb this reply down here's this - :elk:

Tavrobel
06-23-2009, 08:09 PM
True. That is because people who visit video game forums are not necessarily looking for a communal experience; they are looking for help, or simply to discuss that particular game, rather than all of components of anime/computer science as a whole. You can be normal and play video games. If you're watching anime in the first place, it's safe to say that you are not normal; also, anime fans rarely come to discuss only one anime (unless you are twelve years old and are a fan of Naruto, Bleach, or One Piece, any of that general shonen:bou::bou::bou::bou:). If you're a computer science person, it's safe to say that you're of an above average quality on the intelligence scale, and therefore, you have been taught your whole life that you are socially inept, and so, you are. I mean c'mon, you stare at computer parts all day. It's like watching Terminator nonstop.

Levian
06-23-2009, 09:49 PM
Where's that picture of a bunny with a pancake on its head when you need it eh?

Yar
06-23-2009, 09:50 PM
Where's that picture of a bunny with a pancake on its head when you need it eh?
http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/elojo104/pancake_bunny.jpg

LunarWeaver
06-23-2009, 09:52 PM
I'm telling PETA you have that picture.

black orb
06-23-2009, 10:19 PM
>>> I dont see much difference between an anime forum and this place.
Anime and Final Fantasy are pretty much the same stuff and liked by the same kind of people.
Personally I like anime/manga a lot but i like FF even more, thats why I would rather post here than an anime forum..

~*~Celes~*~
06-23-2009, 11:07 PM
I don't think I've ever ventured into an anime forum just yet :D

Psychotic
06-23-2009, 11:09 PM
Are you trying to imply that people on anime forums have high level Interpersonal Skills?

Unbreakable Will
06-23-2009, 11:18 PM
Don't do that, PETA will send a strike force.

Aerith's Knight
06-23-2009, 11:48 PM
Don't do that, PETA will send a strike force.

Nah, they'd probably send a spammer that everyone hates...

:shifty:

Garnie
06-24-2009, 12:58 AM
I guess it's because a lot of different diverse people belong to forums for gaming. Even though that this site is dedicated for Final Fantasy fans, it splits it's self into separate pieces in which lots of people can enjoy. Before i came on this forum i never really knew much about computers or programs really and i was completely clueless on a lot of different things, but after speaking and meeting other members and them showing me different programs and teaching me things, I'm lot more knowledgeable now then i was ever before.