PDA

View Full Version : Current mood: Cheerful/Inspired

~*~Celes~*~
06-23-2009, 11:21 PM
:D Today, possibly because of the weather, I'm feeling rather cheerful/inspired. The weather's beautiful and I'm currently wishing I were a farmer, could be due to too much Harvest Moon gameplay xD

What kind of mood are YOU in right now? :D

Alternatively: Does the weather effect your mood?

Rain can make me either really :jokey::jokey: or it can make me sad. I think it depends on the time of day tbh.

Unbreakable Will
06-23-2009, 11:27 PM
Im in an ok mood, not bad but not great. I'll be better when I can see Nikki here in a few. The weather doesn't tend to put me in a mood but rather it can enhance or bring it down a little. Usually, though its odd, the weather seems to inevitably match my mood.

Yar
06-23-2009, 11:28 PM
Heat can make me :jokey::jokey: depending on a few factors.

Rain makes me feel calm and relaxed, unless it's a severe thunderstorm.

Right now I feel accomplished and just trying to relax.

Depression Moon
06-24-2009, 12:50 AM
I'm feeling inspired too. Watching interesting documentaries usually does it for me or a good movie. It just doesn't last that long.

Garnie
06-24-2009, 12:50 AM
Not great TBH.
Birthday plans are making me feel crappy and i hate being to hot.
:(

Momiji
06-24-2009, 01:41 AM
Hot and exhausted. Fuck summer.

Rye
06-24-2009, 01:56 AM
Really proud of myself, because I made myself go to the gym despite rain and tiredness from a long day at work, and I worked out harder than ever.Happy that I have a day off tomorrow from work.

Jiro
06-24-2009, 02:17 AM
I'm happy for a few reasons. I got to sleep in, it's not too cold, I'm making good headway on my assignments and I'm almost on holidays.

And I have training this afternoon, which will be fun :)

Heath
06-24-2009, 02:19 AM
The weather today has been really overcast and hot which puts me in a relatively bad mood usually, but I've had an otherwise good day so it's not affected me as much as it perhaps normally would. The weather can change my mood, but only when it becomes a huge inconvenience of a huge blessing to me.

Peegee
06-24-2009, 02:26 AM
I love rain and cloudless sunny days.

I'm almost always in some sort of positive mood. I will become withdrawn and contemplative. I think people think it means I'm 'moody' because I don't verbalize my internal monologue.

As if anybody wants to hear the nonsense that goes on in my skull ;D

Shlup
06-24-2009, 02:32 AM
The weather effects my comfort level, which effects my mood. :mymelmagic:

If it's all freakin' hot outside I'm gonna be crabby. :mymelslap:

If it's cold I'm gonna be whiny. :mymelquiver:

If it's rainy I'm gonna be happy. :mymelkiss:

If it's sunny and breezy I'm gonna be sleepy. :mymelsad:

If it's snowy I ain't goin' outside without at least seven layers of clothes on! :mymelbert:

Right now it's sunny and breezy. I am having trouble staying awake. :mymelrelaxed:

41-Inches-Wide
06-24-2009, 02:33 AM
I FEELING KIND OF HYPER :kaoclove:

Rye
06-24-2009, 03:06 AM
The weather effects my comfort level, which effects my mood. :mymelmagic:

If it's all freakin' hot outside I'm gonna be crabby. :mymelslap:

If it's cold I'm gonna be whiny. :mymelquiver:

If it's rainy I'm gonna be happy. :mymelkiss:

If it's sunny and breezy I'm gonna be sleepy. :mymelsad:

If it's snowy I ain't goin' outside without at least seven layers of clothes on! :mymelbert:

Right now it's sunny and breezy. I am having trouble staying awake. :mymelrelaxed:

Melodybert makes me want to marry Monda in any weather. :mymelbert:

Jowy
06-24-2009, 03:19 AM
All I wanted to do at work today was go swimming. I'm going to want to do the same thing tomorrow, and I actually will go swimming. It's gonna rock. Also fuck extreme temperatures, I'm content with wearing a hoodie and shorts all year around. Unfortunately, that type of weather is only for three weeks a year.

Tama2
06-24-2009, 03:22 AM
I'm happy now.

YouTube - Food Battle 2009 POLL UPDATE! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjQfYyLV1Ic)

Just wtf. xD

Sephex
06-24-2009, 03:24 AM
Not so much the weather, but I am one of those messed up people that gets the "winter blues" because the sky turns dark early. It doesn't cause serious depression, but I tend to have more negative emotions more than usual.

As for my current mood: I am good. Ever since I got off of work, I have been relaxing in my apartment playing video games and I just watched a movie. Good times.

Meat Puppet
06-24-2009, 03:31 AM
The rains calm me. I’m okay.

Fuzakeru
06-24-2009, 04:02 AM
Its hot and hot and hot and hot and hot but there were pretty, puffy clouds in the sky today so I went to take pictures and tan and that made me feel happy! :D

I'd rather have rainy, dark days though cause those are the best to snuggle and watch movies and sleep in and hang out at home with ... someone. =/ Damn... being single again sucks.

rubah
06-24-2009, 05:03 AM
after seven hours in a frigid building, coming out into the 5pm sun is like. . .

It's like a vigorous massage, kneading deep into my being.

right now, I just feel sweaty, that's all.

Tavrobel
06-24-2009, 06:02 AM
I'm active and delighted. I am currently eating a pink Tootsie Roll Pop.

rubah
06-24-2009, 06:22 AM
also, reading this thread. . .

*smites you all with the effect/affect hammer*

if you're using effect as a verb, it had better be because you're effecting some changes and not affecting someone!

Momiji
06-24-2009, 02:47 PM
In psychological terms, 'affect' has to do with feelings or emotion, and is a part of the ABCs of Psychology-- Affect, Behavior, and Cognition. If the poster is referring to their personal affect display, which are the facial, gestural, and vocal indicators of feeling or emotion, they aren't wrong, but they probably don't realize it.

EDIT: And now I notice that no one said 'affect' but 'effect'. Then you're wrong either way. And here I was trying to back you guys up. Shame, shame. :colbert:

Jiro
06-24-2009, 03:52 PM
If it is too cold then I will be angry and if it is too hot then I will be angry and that is as much as the weather affects me. But for it to be "too" means it has to be pretty wild.

drotato
06-24-2009, 05:30 PM
Yes, it affects my mood, but in an odd way.
I don't really like the sun, or the heat, but I can't stand the cold.
I really just enjoy the rain, and a lot of the time, I like to be out in the rain. It makes me extremely happy for some reason.
Unless I had plans that day, that the rain decided to screw up... then the rain and I have problems. D:<

Polnareff
06-24-2009, 06:03 PM
Oddly I find myself more happy sometimes--SOMETIMES-- when it's raining. :p

The Summoner of Leviathan
06-24-2009, 07:06 PM
Sorta sad, lonely. Just weird dreams and such. :/

As for the weather? The sun has the ability to brighten my mood. Rain, depending on my mood, will either make me annoyed or help relax me/calm me down/help with being sad. Snowing if it is light is alright, if it is a storm will just annoy me because it means the transit is gonna be messed up making going to class a pain since they don't believe in cancelling classes on account of weather. The latter not so much a problem since I no longer in school, but it was annoying.

And overcast just makes me: blah.

Jess
06-24-2009, 07:09 PM
waking up in the morning with the sun shining through my window makes me feel full of energy and usually puts me in a good mood.

waking up in the morning and it's dark, gloomy, rainy and cold I just want to stay in bed all day feeling sorry for myself. so yeah, the weather definitely has an effect on me.

Right now, i'm not really that happy but the sun is making me feel better (:

rubah
06-24-2009, 08:15 PM
TRIUMPHANT.

I staved off a sleep-inducing gear lecture today by asking about the changes to the followup course to the one I'm currently in, and then got hw help.

listening to university departmental politics was like watch us CKs argue about EoFF policies xD

~*~Celes~*~
06-24-2009, 08:45 PM
I'm in a pretty good mood today but it's really humid :(

Supposedly it's 91F but feels like 95F. D=

rubah
06-24-2009, 08:57 PM
Temp 98.2 °F
Clear
Humidity: 31%
Dew Point: 62 °F
Wind: 1.0 mph from the WSW
Wind Gust: 1.0 mph
Pressure: 29.59 in (Falling)
Heat Index: 100 °F

~*~Celes~*~
06-24-2009, 09:05 PM
Current conditions as of 2:53 pm EDT
Partly Cloudy

Temp:
91F

Feels Like:
95°
Barometer:
29.9 in and falling
Humidity:
44%
Visibility:
10 mi
Dewpoint:
66°
Wind:
W 7 mph
Sunrise:
6:01 am
Sunset:
9:12 pm

So apparently it's not humid, I'm just a whiner :p

Shiny
06-24-2009, 10:26 PM
The rains calm me. I’m okay.

The rain has a calming effect on me too, but cloudy weather makes me feel drowsy. I like sunny days the best. They give me energy! :bounce:

Jojee
06-24-2009, 11:14 PM
Heat index of 105 today, not so happy about that. xD But still happier than when it's cold and snowing and winter.

I definitely get seasonal depression. I'm very affected by the weather. In the summer, it makes me happy that it's light for so much longer. When the weather is nice and I go outside for a walk, that's a major happy-factor for me. It seriously just induces this euphoric feeling in me, kinda akin to Vicodin. :</>D

Hambone
06-25-2009, 12:38 AM
Right now I'm in a pretty good mood. New computer, and it's running very smoothly. I'm also on EoFF for the first time in AGES. and I really missed it sometimes, so I'm glad that I'm back on too.

The only type of weather that affects my mood is when it's hot and humid. I tend to whine a lot when it's hot and humid, which is unfortunate because I live in Texas, and Texas is notorious for its humidity levels.

Wolf Kanno
06-25-2009, 05:03 AM
Sunshine makes me weary, I hate getting sunburned and the extra heat it hits you with when your standing outside of the shade bother me. Heat makes me irritable and listless. I just can't function in it. I'll wake up in the heat of the morning and I'll be too tired and drained to get up but its too hot and miserable to go back to sleep... I hate summer.

Rain calms me and cloudy weather and snow give me lots of energy. I just feel extra motivated and happy in the darker weather for some reason. Maybe its because I don't have to deal with people as much in crummy weather since most react the opposite from me. :plotting:

Current mood: annoyed but genuinely hopeful.