PDA

View Full Version : Let's Talk About Jon & Kate...

Dynast-Kid
06-24-2009, 08:37 AM
Okay, so, let's talk about Jon & Kate Gosselin of TLC's 'Jon & Kate Plus 8'. For the past month, they've been all over the news, tabloids, internet and everywhere people are talking about their struggling marriage and all. And on Monday night's episode, they finally announced that they've filed for divorce. I saw this coming a mile away 'cause Kate's always been a biyorch to Jon.

I love Jon & Kate Plus 8 and all the Gosselin kids (except Aaden is my least favorite, he's a brat xD ) and all of their antics, but even I think that all of the press coverage they've recieved is a bit ridiculous. Why is America so obsessed with their situation?

And what is with all of the television shows about people with lots of kids. There's Jon & Kate Plus 8, Raising Sextuplets, and even the infamous Octomom, Nadya Suleman is getting her own show. I don't understand why America is obsessed with this topic. It's like, if you have more than 5 kids, you get thrown a reality show!

Anyways, what do you think about the Jon & Kate Gosselin media controversy? Why is America (and maybe other countries) obsessed with multiple births, and even celebrity pregnancy!? And isn't the Octomom the biggest hot mess in America (I say yes)??

DISCUSS.

Also, Kate Gosselin being a bad mom. ;__; (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjohryb6xAU)

Laddy
06-24-2009, 08:40 AM
I'm not overly fond of them, but I guess when you open your life to stuff like this, things will get complicated, one part of me thinks they should be understanding of stuff like this but another makes me feel really bad for the Gosselins.

Meat Puppet
06-24-2009, 09:07 AM
I saw this coming a mile away
Myself, and many others, being those who have never even seen the show, saw it coming from miles away. I think it goes without saying.

Jojee
06-24-2009, 10:24 AM
I've never seen the show but with all the commotion about it lately I've even read up on it a bit. xD The episodes don't <i>sound</i> very interesting. I mean, it's like, "The family goes to a pumpkin patch." Umm.... okay.

I saw a documentary about a family who had 15 kids and another one on the way, though. And there were only like one pair of twins too, I think. Now that's a lotta work. @_@

fire_of_avalon
06-24-2009, 03:43 PM
I watched the show when it was about the kids being adorable. Now that it's about the parents being unadorable I don't care so much anymore.

Rye
06-24-2009, 04:47 PM
I watched the show when it was about the kids being adorable. Now that it's about the parents being unadorable I don't care so much anymore.

Haha, same. I want to watch adorable kids running around, not a divorce drama soap box. Unless they completely cut out the parents and just make the show the kids playing around, I'm not watching anymore.

rubah
06-24-2009, 05:12 PM
I've never seen the show but with all the commotion about it lately I've even read up on it a bit. xD The episodes don't <i>sound</i> very interesting. I mean, it's like, "The family goes to a pumpkin patch." Umm.... okay.

I saw a documentary about a family who had 15 kids and another one on the way, though. And there were only like one pair of twins too, I think. Now that's a lotta work. @_@

The Duggars?

drotato
06-24-2009, 05:25 PM
Why would you want that many children!? :kaodizzy:

I just feel sorry for their ovaries. D:

rubah
06-24-2009, 06:28 PM
fertility therapy was kinda a fad back at the turn of the millennium.

fire_of_avalon
06-24-2009, 06:51 PM
I wouldn't call it a fad. A lot of people still do it because they want to have kids.

EDIT: I realize how stupid that sounds. What I mean is a lot of people get frustrated with the adoption process but still want children. I will probably end up getting IVF treatments since my ovaries are insane.

Miriel
06-24-2009, 10:39 PM
I think Kate is a nasty bitch of a woman, and Jon is a passive aggressive loser. But the kids! Oh the kids. <3

Sassy Lexi is my favorite.

http://i44.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/314v1ae.gif

http://i42.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/s6t4ar.gif

Rye
06-24-2009, 10:40 PM
Alexis and Colin are my favorites! The glasses, oh god! Too cute. xD