PDA

View Full Version : Who or what inspires you?

Lone Wolf Leonhart
06-24-2009, 09:51 AM
EoFF, who are your biggest inspirations in life? Who stimulates your mind/emotions/body etc. to a higher level of thought, feeling, or activity? Or maybe it's not a person, but an object. Or a group of people, or the environment.

Whatever your inspiration is, what is it that he/she/it does for you that you wouldn't have done or thought to have done otherwise?

As for myself....

One of my biggest inspirations is Craigafer Mabbitt, the singer of Escape the Fate. He has a very positive outlook on life that I admire. I enjoy all of the songs he's written and I find inspiration from each of them. And he has so much energy, during shows he has been known to climb on rafters and lighting equipment. I've also seen him jump from a second floor balcony onto the crowd on the first floor.

And just as much as I enjoy Escape the Fate, I also like his previous bands blessthefall and The Word Alive. Some of my friends have a hard time believing I like blessthefall because when Craig was their singer he had alot of religious, Christian lyrics in his songs. And I'm an atheist.

But that does not turn me away from the music he made with that band at all, because he has such a unique singing and screaming voice, and I know he sings straight from the heart. And I actually like lyrics about faith, because I can interpret them as having hope for something better down the road, or to never give up because things will work out in the end.

But I won't ramble on for too much longer.

He inspires me because he has a great attitude, he makes songs that I love, he does what he loves and enjoys talking to the fans. If you ask him what the most precious thing in his life is, he will tell you his daughter. And I in turn hope to one day pass on some of these things to people who might enjoy the work and the music I make, he really inspires me and brings out the drive in me to accomplish what I desire.

Here is a picture of him with Flavor Flav. If you don't know who either of these people are, Craigafer is on the right side.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk48/nmfloropoulos/l_fcb0397f27a549159867c118de7844-1.jpg

Yeahhhh Boiiii

So yeah, tell me about your inspirations, what they do for you, and show a pic if you want.

Thanks for reading.

Oh also, Escape the Fate did a cover of the song "Smooth" by Santana ft. Rob Thomas, for the compilation album Punk goes Pop volume 2. Check it out if you want to hear a new take on the song : )

Meat Puppet
06-24-2009, 09:57 AM
It’s too complicated to explain.

Good for you though, Lone Wolf Leonhart.

Laddy
06-24-2009, 10:07 AM
I don't know, I know some truly amazing people whom I emulate, so I guess various family and friends.

Medi
06-24-2009, 10:20 AM
My inspiration... is not something tangible. I just reflect on how unhappy I used to be and then think about things have gotten exponentially worse in my life, but yet I'm happier somehow. I remind myself to take things each day at a time, and each instance of hard work or effort or determination brings greater happiness when it's all over. I guess when you can make it through one day of difficulty, it means you can get through another one. I mentioned in another thread that I like solitude, and that's because those are the moments when I pull myself together and choose between wallowing in unhappiness or choosing to press on for something better and be happy for what I have. My inspiration is the world around me and society - examples of failures and successes and those who can be happy with next to nothing. It's proof to me that anyone can do anything, and after another day passes, it's not so bad.

[/ramble]

Garnie
06-24-2009, 11:26 AM
The Ocean, beautiful countryside, amazing architecture...

I'm inspired by natural beauty and the hard work that some one will put into something. Like the art of Alan Lee, his paintings for LOTR was amazing, and it inspired me. I can say the same for Final Fantasy! copying the drawings of the characters is what made me a better artist.

Parker
06-24-2009, 12:01 PM
ascanio, andrew bird, hunter s, vonnegut, my grandfather, my cousin and my best friend.

also whatever girl im in love with at the time

Unbreakable Will
06-24-2009, 01:56 PM
My inspiration... well, I honestly don't want to sound cheesy or cliche, but my inspiration is Nikki. She is the driving force behind my happiness, helping me when I feel as if I am powerless and walking right alongside me in my finest moments. Perhaps people will think this is corny, but it's the truth nonetheless.

fire_of_avalon
06-24-2009, 02:26 PM
So there are people you see everyday and you expect certain behavior out of them and generally speaking you get what you expect. But somedays they do tiny, subtle almost imperceptible things that demonstrate these deep wells of kindness or humility or nobility or honor or any virture within them. And those things don't escape often because there's so much other :bou::bou::bou::bou: going on that people have to deal with.

Those moments of seeing that kindness inspires me.

Fuzakeru
06-24-2009, 04:55 PM
Jesus inspires me. So does the beach or any other beautiful scenery!

drotato
06-24-2009, 05:45 PM
Well, two people inspire me, in two very complicated ways.
One living, one dead.

My grandfather inspires me, even though he is gone, because of all the things he has done for me, and for my family. And because of the great man that he was, he would have done anything for anyone. And he would have died for my family in an instant. I loved him more than I've ever loved anything, and he still lives on, in my eyes, to inspire me to be as great as he was, every day.

Will would be the living person that inspires me. He shows me, every day, how wonderful people can actually be. He does things for me that no one else ever would. He tells me things that no one would ever care to say, and he inspires me to be the best person that I can be, for him, and for everyone around me.

Ahem, that's as serious as I've gotten in a thread in a while. x3

Rye
06-24-2009, 06:48 PM
When I'm alone, either completely alone or watching people, and it's quiet and I'm thinking about things, sometimes I feel a surge of beauty and appreciation for life and myself and being able to wonderful and strong by myself. It's an intoxicating mixture of feeling strong and completely helpful in a giant world. That is my inspiration.

Madame Adequate
06-24-2009, 07:04 PM
I exist.

Craig
06-24-2009, 07:12 PM
I exist.

i exist way more than u do. at least 3 times more

The Summoner of Leviathan
06-24-2009, 07:12 PM
The world around me.

Madame Adequate
06-24-2009, 07:16 PM
I exist.

i exist way more than u do. at least 3 times more

I'm outdone :kaofight:

qwertysaur
06-24-2009, 07:20 PM
I'm inspired by random things oftentimes. Like yesterday a Blue Jay flew into my window and I felt like doing laundry because of it. :bounce:

Aerith's Knight
06-24-2009, 07:40 PM
I suppose my dad and my sister, a Phycisist and Medical student respectively. Although not that smart, seeing as I never quite measure up. :P

Lawr
06-24-2009, 07:58 PM
My role models inspire me! :p

fire_of_avalon
06-24-2009, 10:19 PM
I'm inspired by random things oftentimes. Like yesterday a Blue Jay flew into my window and I felt like doing laundry because of it. :bounce:

That's really weird. xD

Fujiko
06-24-2009, 10:41 PM
God, my parents, John "Lofty" Wiseman (to name a few), nature - when I look around and see all these animals and plants and mountains etc, the beauty of it inspires me to learn science and understand what's around me.

Rantz
06-24-2009, 10:55 PM
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/9031/tomato.gif inspires me.

Hambone
06-25-2009, 01:03 AM
Lol, this is gonna sound way offbeat from the rest of everyone else's, but here we go.

Definitely Alfred Kinsey. He had some serious balls studying sexual behavior so thoroughly in a time period where society had so heavily made even the slightest allusion to sex utterly barbaric and completely rude. Kinsey knew that it needed to be done since so little about sex was known at the time, and despite the strong societal pressures that heavily discouraged studying sex at all, he pursued his studies in order to benefit human kind. I guess the reason why he influences me so much is because of his strong determination that sometimes I lack.

~*~Celes~*~
06-25-2009, 01:28 AM

Snow White moment perhaps? :p

I get my inspiration from a variety of sources...Literature, nature, my loved ones, my friends... :)

eestlinc
06-25-2009, 04:14 AM
You don't need many heroes if you choose carefully.

Shoeberto
06-25-2009, 02:25 PM
There are people in my life who genuinely care for me and they're the ones that keep me going.

Loony BoB
06-25-2009, 02:48 PM
There are people in my life who genuinely care for me and they're the ones that keep me going.
This, and, of course, Britney Spears, who is an inspiration to us all, but that goes without saying I assume.

Jojee
06-25-2009, 03:17 PM
This, and, of course, Britney Spears, who is an inspiration to us all, but that goes without saying I assume.

Yes, this. My family also inspires me to some extent. My aunt, my grandmother, my parents.

Peegee
06-25-2009, 05:35 PM
Inspiration comes from within. People are merely examples of what I can accomplish if I valued their accomplishments for my own.

One of the most powerful motivations I have for success is the expectation that my body should be able to handle anything I throw at it. I seemingly jest all the time that I am immortal but honestly it never occurs to me that I could die. Other examples are reinforced by the strenuous activity I seemingly can get my body to do. Once I went canoeing, portaging and hiking through Northern Ontario for three weeks with nothing to eat by oats and barley. My parents told me that I came back in the best shape of my life; people came back having lost 10-15 lbs which even to this day is astounding.

It never really occurs to me that something is impossible but I will admit there's lots of things out there I'm not motivated to do. A lot of people have told me that I am the most laziest person they've met, but if you checked out the dedication and self study I can muster regarding things I care about (usually health and video games, and philosophy and certain scientific subjects), it's anything but lazy.

The last time I had a 'person' be a hero, I was less than 6 years old and said I wanted to be a fireman when I grew up. Heroes are great but what happens when you do better?

Shoeberto
06-25-2009, 05:40 PM
Heroes are great but what happens when you do better?
You die a hero.

Or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Breine
06-25-2009, 06:46 PM
Not anything particular, meaning that everything has a chance of inspiring me. I get inspired by a lot of different stuff.

Everything can be considered "inspirational", if you just know what to do with it.

rubah
06-25-2009, 07:31 PM
A winters day
In a deep and dark december;
I am alone,
Gazing from my window to the streets below
On a freshly fallen silent shroud of snow.
I am a rock,
I am an island.
Ive built walls,
A fortress deep and mighty,
That none may penetrate.
I have no need of friendship; friendship causes pain.
Its laughter and its loving I disdain.
I am a rock,
I am an island.

Dont talk of love,
But Ive heard the words before;
Its sleeping in my memory.
I wont disturb the slumber of feelings that have died.
If I never loved I never would have cried.
I am a rock,
I am an island.

I have my books
And my poetry to protect me;
I am shielded in my armor,
Hiding in my room, safe within my womb.
I touch no one and no one touches me.
I am a rock,
I am an island.

And a rock feels no pain;
And an island never cries.

jk lol

Araciel
06-25-2009, 10:58 PM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-chat/125115-boobs.html

mhm

NeoTifa
06-26-2009, 03:24 AM
I believe in myself. I picture my future self, in several possible outcomes. Sometimes I'm poor, sometimes I'm rich, etc. The various scenarios in which I picture myself determine the motivation. I could really say that my mom is my inspiration. I aspire to be EXACTLY OPPOSITE of her. I work hard, go to school, earn my own money, wish to marry for love not money, to accept everyone from every aspect of culture, to lose weight lololol, etc. I picture my future self as her and that motivates me to get off my ass and do stuff.

I also see the people around me. I really want to do something to help them. You know what? My country. My country is my biggest inspiration as well. I want sooooo much to give back for everything they have given me. I wish to serve, though I have been denied once, I plan on trying again after I get my bachelors. The least I can do now is work for the Air Force, helping the engineers make sure planes don't blow up in mid-air lol. (scary thought, I know >_>) When I see the American flag I just get so filled with pride. Why wouldn't anyone feel the same way? Every time I see a veteran, I thank them full-heartedly. They understand how I feel. They feel it too. Why do you think I get so pissed off when I see a ragged flag or a flag left out in the rain? Also, a flag touching the ground makes me scream. The people around me need me. They need me to preserve our freedom. Their children, their children's children need me. This knowledge gives me the strength to wake up in the morning, to aspire to be exactly opposite my mother, to go to work, to help in every little way I can. And YES! It does make a difference...

ZOMG JEEBUS LUBS ME!!!!

Nausus
06-26-2009, 11:30 AM
I suppose there's many people who inspire me, but Stephen Fry has to be one .

DarkBahamut
06-26-2009, 06:56 PM
I feel like saying Michael Jackson. Other than that, I can really tell or explain.
Maybe my brother.