PDA

View Full Version : Sentanta= FAIL!

Garnie
06-24-2009, 04:19 PM
Turning on the TV and switching onto Sentanta was greeted with Sentanta being killed and sent straight into Administration!

I knew that there was talk about them being killed but i never thought they would actually die! (meaning that they are bankrupt)
AND WHAT ABOUT THE FA CUP??!!!!

Discuss!

rubah
06-24-2009, 05:02 PM
Is this some sort of UK company?

Garnie
06-24-2009, 05:05 PM
Is this some sort of UK company?

Yeah its the sentanta sport channel with Virgin Media. the great thing about em was that they always had boxing and stuff for free on there...now there dead..

Heath
06-24-2009, 05:15 PM
Well the FA Cup was also broadcast on ITV anyway, so you can just watch it there provided you don't mind missing goals that your team scores in the dying minutes of extra time against your biggest rivals...

Basically, Setanta weren't able to get the money they needed to for the contracts they'd bought and so have been placed into administration. Though there was talk by Mihir Bose that perhaps if the Premier League had given Setanta the 72 hours they requested they might've been able to get some kind of deal together with their creditors. Alas, no.

Edit: BBC - Mihir Bose: The fallout from Setanta's collapse (http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereporters/mihirbose/2009/06/the_fallout_from_setantas_coll.html)

Old Manus
06-24-2009, 05:39 PM
Fuck it. I'm still not getting Sky Sports :colbert:

Rocket Edge
06-24-2009, 07:56 PM
Feel sad about the company breaking up. They usually showed Man U matches. Oh well, I'll have to turn elsewhere now. :/