PDA

View Full Version : Michael!!! NOOOO!!!!

leader of mortals
06-25-2009, 11:30 PM
Michael Jackson died today...

I cant find a news page on it though...

:kaocry::kaocry2::kaocry:

xXsarahXx
06-25-2009, 11:31 PM
Still not been confirmed to be 100% true yet but Sky news are reporting that it is from an online source.

Sky News, First for Breaking News, Latest News and Video News from the UK and around the World (http://news.sky.com/skynews/)

Discuss.

RIP its a shame, weather your pro Micheal or not you cannot deny that the mans a legend.

Rye
06-25-2009, 11:33 PM
First Farrah, than this?

Christ. This bums me out. I do like his music... :(

leader of mortals
06-25-2009, 11:33 PM
My local news station is currently doing a rememberance thing...

Rye
06-25-2009, 11:34 PM
I heard about it at work, and I was stunned. I'm bummed out, I like his music....

KH-Cloudy
Yahoo says he's hospitalized.

Shlup
I just came back to the computer to post this. Now I feel less cool. Pooey. CNN says he's just in a coma though.

I was just listening to his music last night.

xXsarahXx
06-25-2009, 11:35 PM
Yeah theres loads of differing storys.
Best bet would be to swith the old soulsnatcher on and see what comes on the news.

Oh, by the way... My thread won by 1 minute:p

*Listens to beat it*

Ahh yes but i win because i had news page linky :D:bounce:

KH-Cloudy
06-25-2009, 11:37 PM
Now Yahoo's AP source is saying he is dead. :\

leader of mortals
06-25-2009, 11:37 PM
Oh, by the way... My thread won by 1 minute:p

*Listens to beat it*

Ahh yes but i win because i had news page linky :D:bounce:

Darn you!

Now my news station is doing a Farrah tribute...

*listens to Bad once Beat It is done...*

Rantz
06-25-2009, 11:38 PM
Confirmed. (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/06/pop-star-michael-jackson-was-rushed-to-a-hospital-this-afternoon-by-los-angeles-fire-department-paramedics--capt-steve-ruda.html)

Araciel
06-25-2009, 11:39 PM
That sucks.

Shiny
06-25-2009, 11:39 PM
One station is saying he's dead. The other, that he's in a coma. WTF?

I hate non-credible sources.

leader of mortals
06-25-2009, 11:40 PM
One station is saying he's dead. The other, that he's in a coma. WTF?

He just died like 10 minutes ago, so ones that are saying he is in a coma haven't updated yet...

*Listens to Smooth Criminal*

Rye
06-25-2009, 11:42 PM
I texted like a ton of people when I heard at work. :( Gosh.

LunarWeaver
06-25-2009, 11:43 PM
:(

Emerald weapon
06-25-2009, 11:43 PM
I just hope hes remeberd for his music and not for his scandal

RIP KING OF POP

qwertysaur
06-25-2009, 11:45 PM
Sad to see so many people die in such a short period. :/

Shlup
06-25-2009, 11:46 PM
I merged the threads and all off-topic posts have been deleted. Now maybe we can focus on the topic instead of who made the thread first.

Shiny
06-25-2009, 11:48 PM
Ahem. Like I said...all these news sources say he's dead: CNN, FOX, NBC, NY Times, L.A. Times, imdb, and ABC.

Psychotic
06-25-2009, 11:48 PM
Holy crap. That one took me by surprise. The man made some damn fine music.

Shlup
06-25-2009, 11:49 PM
BJ just turned on CBS and they're reporting he's dead now too. Well that was unexpected.

Rye
06-25-2009, 11:49 PM
It's so bizarre. I didn't know he had any health problems, and he's only a little older than my parents. Having a heart attack like that... wow.

Shiny
06-25-2009, 11:51 PM
He had tons of health problems, but I thought they were all skin and mental related.

Rye
06-25-2009, 11:53 PM
He had tons of health problems, but I thought they were all skin and mental related.

Well, yeah. He was definitely troubled and had his skin problem. But my uncle has a mild form of that skin problem, and it certainly does nothing to his heart. Goodness. :o

qwertysaur
It's so bizarre. I didn't know he had any health problems, and he's only a little older than my parents. Having a heart attack like that... wow.
It was probably caused by his Lupus.

LunarWeaver
You know, I've watched Thriller so much I can do the entire dance. (Capable =/= Good) Now I can't watch it anymore. It will creep me out.

Madame Adequate
06-25-2009, 11:54 PM
Holy crap. That one took me by surprise. The man made some damn fine music.

Yeah, definintely wasn't expecting this one.

Rye
06-25-2009, 11:54 PM
It was probably caused by his Lupus.

But... it's never lupus.

Seriously though, didn't know he had that. That's sad. He's young...

leader of mortals
06-25-2009, 11:57 PM
You know, I've watched Thriller so much I can do the entire dance. (Capable =/= Good) Now I can't watch it anymore. It will creep me out.

Great, now Ill have a nightmare of Michael from Thriller coming up from a grave and chasing me...

Shiny
06-26-2009, 12:03 AM
I think it was overwork and stress that might have triggered the cardiac arrest. I usually don't assume, but he probably was stressed out over his comeback tour.

Heath
06-26-2009, 12:04 AM
Was pretty surprised to hear about this. Heard Newsnight mention it about an hour and a half ago that he had been rushed to hospital but I wasn't expecting him to actually die.

Garnie
06-26-2009, 12:07 AM
cant believe he's gone.
I'm gutted

Aerith's Knight
06-26-2009, 12:08 AM
This turned out to be a pretty good day.

Totally not appropriate. ~ Leeza

ReloadPsi
06-26-2009, 12:12 AM
I have this image of his fans standing over him re-enacting the Galuf scene.

This utterly sucks; my sister had tickets for two different dates on his comeback tour as she'd never been to see him before. She. Is. Pissed.

Madame Adequate
06-26-2009, 12:12 AM
But hell, if you're gonna die, there's worse legacies to leave. Not so many better though.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
06-26-2009, 12:46 AM
in total shock man!

Shlup
06-26-2009, 12:48 AM
This utterly sucks; my sister had tickets for two different dates on his comeback tour as she'd never been to see him before. She. Is. Pissed.

Is pissed really the appropriate response? It's not like he flaked on the concerts on purpose. xD

MJN SEIFER
06-26-2009, 12:50 AM
I don't know how many people knew, but I have always had a lot of respect for Michael Jackson, both as a musician and as a person.

And... I will continue to respect him. Whatever happens.

ReloadPsi
06-26-2009, 12:51 AM
Is pissed really the appropriate response? It's not like he flaked on the concerts on purpose. xD

No, that's a good point. Pissed isn't the right word at all. It's just the word that was on my mind when I typed it for some reason. Devastated is better. Devastated and not responding much to online chat as she says she's glued to the TV and keeps breaking down :(

I imagine plenty more are the same way.

Meat Puppet
06-26-2009, 01:12 AM
Wow. Like Rye said, first Farrah and now this. When I read about Fawcett’s death, I was like What?, when I read about MJ’s, I was like WHAT??!! Naturally, it's not widely expected. Haha, as usual, I always think it’s a joke first... I don’t know why, it’s like I just can’t accept it or something. "Man, it’s gotta be a joke!" I think when I read the article. I come around, though.
Boy, it’s like Death Month all over again. I wonder who will next...

A very sad day indeed. No matter what your opinion on Michael Jackson, you have to be a real low asshole to take pleasure in this guy’s death.

*Devore*
06-26-2009, 01:40 AM
Not MJ, not the pop king. Whether he has died or not I will still be a huge fan. I stuck by him when he slowly turned white and I stuck by him during all that kiddy touching stuff.
And will always live on in my most played playlist on my mp3 player....
Great dancer+Great Music=The Legend that is Michael Jackson.

Boney King
06-26-2009, 01:40 AM
When I heard that he'd had a heart attack, I thought it would be one of those things where he goes to hospital and is out in like a week.

This really came out of nowhere, and I am surprisingly down about this.

NeoCracker
06-26-2009, 01:41 AM
It does suck he died, but I'm going to play the black sheep here.

His death is not a surprise. At all. The man may not have been old, but he certainly wasn't young. It's somewhat commonplace to have heartattacks at that age. This just shows Michael is a man like any other.

And I"ve always wondered, why do people only seem to speak of the good things a man did when he dies? Does his death somehow right his wrongs? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he definately molested the kids(I'm fairly sure he did, but thats hardly the point), as I barely payed attention to the details, but people who were constantly after him for that, sure he did it, will now be all ass-kissing now that the guy is dead, almost as if none of that ever happened?

The people who went after him for him loosing touch with reality, being a horrible father, and all that, now turn and say he was an amazing person? Something about all that disgusts me.

I'm not going to sit here and pretend I think he was a great man, I'm not going to pretend to be particularly sad he died. Again, I'm never happy another human dies like this, but at the same time it happens. life moves on.

Madame Adequate
06-26-2009, 01:50 AM
Uh, I think several million people are finding the news pretty surprising.

Momiji
06-26-2009, 01:50 AM
I'm not going to pretend I was a fan of his, because I wasn't-- but his death was surely a surprise, and it's a shame, much like Farrah Fawcett's (too lazy to post in both threads, sorry :p)

I see a couple of people on my Facebook making snide comments about how 'the pedophile is dead'. Stupid conservatives. =<

Leeza
06-26-2009, 02:07 AM
I liked Michael. RIP. :(

Goldenboko
06-26-2009, 02:16 AM

His death is not a surprise. At all. The man may not have been old, but he certainly wasn't young. It's somewhat commonplace to have heartattacks at that age. This just shows Michael is a man like any other.

And I"ve always wondered, why do people only seem to speak of the good things a man did when he dies? Does his death somehow right his wrongs? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he definately molested the kids(I'm fairly sure he did, but thats hardly the point), as I barely payed attention to the details, but people who were constantly after him for that, sure he did it, will now be all ass-kissing now that the guy is dead, almost as if none of that ever happened?

The people who went after him for him loosing touch with reality, being a horrible father, and all that, now turn and say he was an amazing person? Something about all that disgusts me.

I'm not going to sit here and pretend I think he was a great man, I'm not going to pretend to be particularly sad he died. Again, I'm never happy another human dies like this, but at the same time it happens. life moves on.

He was more than just an icon, he had transcended that, people grew up listening to his music, he was a huge part of a generation. Regardless what he may have done to tarnish himself, it's impossible to overlook what he did for Pop Culture.

Shiny
06-26-2009, 03:36 AM
He was a musical legend, pop icon, trendsetter, and amazing entertainer. If you look at many musicians today you'll see that many of them have taken from Michael Jackson whether they wanted to or not. E! released pictures of Michael Jackson rehearsing a week ago. He looked relatively healthy and happy; well as healthy as he could look at that rate. There's so many fans making vigils outside UCLA medical center. And Jermaine gave a short speech about him.

Sephex
06-26-2009, 03:54 AM
He is faking his death. Calling it now.

Seriously, though. That's too bad. He did put his body through a lot throughout the years.

Depression Moon
06-26-2009, 04:02 AM
Really sad man. I was just watching the MJ marathon on BET. Truly great singer.

I'm trying to decide what's better.
Dancing Egyptians (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rENoOBFrOlw) or Dancing Zombies (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtyJbIOZjS8)?

Wolf Kanno
06-26-2009, 04:11 AM
This came as a total shock to me. I kinda knew he's put himself through the wringer a few times but to have him finally pass on is really sad. I did a cosplay skit a few years ago that ended with a Thriller number. Despite being a bit eccentric... I really respected the man as an artist.

Some of my favorite videos.

YouTube - Michael Jackson - Scream (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNl2Pm9-7Vk)

YouTube - Michael Jackson - Billie Jean (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En-cHBv7UpA&feature=channel)

YouTube - Michael Jackson - Thriller (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtyJbIOZjS8&feature=channel)

Marshall Banana
06-26-2009, 04:46 AM
Thriller is the best.

Vyk
06-26-2009, 04:48 AM
I dunno about anyone else but we were competing at work to see who had the most texts from people telling them the news. This seemed to spread faster than news of 9/11

I was kinda hoping MJ would one day redeem his legacy. But alas. At least it started out awesome. Remember the good times

Dynast-Kid
06-26-2009, 06:30 AM
I've heard all of my life that death comes in groups of 3: Michael Jackson & Farrah Fawcett both died today, and Ed McMahon passed away earlier this week. It's definitely a sad time in the entertainment world, and the world in general.

Michael Jackson is probably the biggest musical influence of our generation (up there with Sinatra and Elvis), and his death has shocked and stunned us all so much. I haven't shed a tear because I just can't believe that someone so pervasive in America's culture has died. It's weird and numbing in a way. This is definitely one of those "you'll remember where you were" moments.

The molestation allegations (and charges of which he was all acquitted) that plagued Michael Jackson during his later years are bad, and will surely haunt his name well on into the future, but his musical genius and status as a legend is what people will remember when they think of Michael Jackson. He touched a lot of people's lives and inspired generations.

And have you forgotten little Ryan White (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_White), the little boy whom Michael Jackson was one of the biggest supporters and advocates? Or his generous donations to the American Cancer Society, Volunteers of America, YMCA, AIDS Project L.A. and dozens of other charities?

You can choose to believe whatever you want about him, but I refuse to think of Michael Jackson as anything other than an American legend.

EDIT: I hope I didn't sound harsh, Neo. I wasn't trying to attack you or anything! xD

I'm trying to decide what's better.
Dancing Egyptians (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rENoOBFrOlw) or Dancing Zombies (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtyJbIOZjS8)?

I love both, but "Remember the Time" is my favorite Michael song! (Well, tied with "PYT")

Ouch!
06-26-2009, 08:41 AM
While I have no respect for Michael Jackson as a person, I separate that entity from him as a musician. Losing the King of Pop is worth mourning.

NeoCracker
06-26-2009, 08:46 AM
First off, I should say I don't understand WHY people are so surprised, not necessarily that it's not a surprise, that probably makes more sense. :p

And yes, Michael has done good things, I never said otherwise. But donating charities, supporting causes, doing good things for the world, Jackson is far from being alone in doing this. Hell, random people that all the time, yet no one puts them down as legends for it. The only difference in charaties is how much they can donate, so because he happens to be richer then them he deserves to be a legend for it?

And no Boko, he doesn't transcend an Icon. What you described IS an Icon. People grew up listening to a lot of other peoples music too, and other artists had a major impact on the industry and several peoples lives. Jackson simply had more pressence then a lot of people so stuck around longer.

Again, I wasn't even SAYING much about him, I was mostly expressing my disgust of people who just seem to forget all the bad things that either he did or they thought he did just because he's dead, cause that's never going to change, and outside of ones own appearance in mind, I can't imagine why they would suddenly seem to forget all those things.

I'm not trying to deny anything he's done, at all. I know very well he's done some good, and that he's had a major impact on music and culture in general.

I'd go on, but I have a really hard time putting what I think into words without it sounding horribly wrong, so I'm not even going to try right now. :p

Marshall Banana
06-26-2009, 09:02 AM
Well, he was a big part of a lot of childhoods - both him and Janet (that's enough for most people). Michael Jackson is the earliest and most memorable artist I can remember listening to. I remember staying up late with my cousin just to watch the premiere of <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNl2Pm9-7Vk" target="_blank">Scream</a>. XD

Also, Thriller is and will always be AWESOME.

Also, also, even though I'm saddened by Michael's death, the mourning Pedo Bear images crack me up.

Breine
06-26-2009, 09:11 AM
I was really surprised to learn about his death. At first I was like "It can't be true, it's some kind of media stunt." But, of course it wasn't.

It feels so surreal. I grew up listening to his music, and as a kid I was a huge fan of his (I'm still a big fan of his music). It's just so weird that his death is all over the news. It just happened so suddenly I suppose.

RIP.

Aydin
06-26-2009, 10:16 AM
I was surprised to hear that he was in a coma earlier this morning from my brother and that he most likely will not come out of it. Then later, I heard that he died. It came so suddenly! Even though I wasn't really a fan of his, I grew up listening to his music and it's a real shame that someone like him could die. (It's ridiculous of me to think such a thing. Maybe this is just of the experiences we must face to grow up.) I know he did amazing things for the world aside from just making music and I wish I could say that I had the utmost respect for him but I am guilty as well for making fun of him for being a pedophile. (Although I believe he really isn't..) I wish him to Rest in Peace and I will miss him and I am also sure many others would as well...

-listening to Billie Jean-

Fynn
06-26-2009, 11:05 AM
This situation is somewhat unique to me. When I was four or five, I used to watch his videoclips all the time and dance the same as him. Then I grew out of it and felt so embarrassed by my family members constantly reminding me of it and saying how incredible I was in immitating him. So I stopped liking Michael Jackson, never really hating him. I jyst stopped caring about him at all. So I was surprised with what I felt when my mom woke me up today:
"Patryk, you asleep?"
"Yeah..." I said.
"Did you know Michael Jackson died?" when she said that I practically leapt up and exclaimed:
"What?!"
It was so surreal. I mean, for all I knew, I didn't care for Michael Jackson. And yet it turns out that a part of me that loved him, that used to do the Moonwalk, that now feels saddened and shocked. It's not that I was ashamed of him because of the rumours about him being a pedophile - I didn't know wether to believe them or not. It's just weird to me...

Old Manus
06-26-2009, 11:08 AM
<!-- I'm sure I made an on-topic post in this thread but somebody still deleted it. Therefore this post will not be on topic. -->
You don't have any deleted posts in this thread so I'm going to moderate this one ~hero

demondude
06-26-2009, 11:37 AM
Uh, wow. That really sucks .....

Don't really know what to think right now. I'm hoping his shaky past doesn't make people forget him.

Garnie
06-26-2009, 11:51 AM
it's so strange to think that yesterday morning, when the word Michael Jackson cam up you would instantly think WACKO JACKO or PEDO.

Now the world is in mourning and i admit it so am i. I wouldn't have even known if i wasn't sorting out TGG at the time. when i did hear, i wandered into my bedroom and said " Jay...Michael Jackson died....".

Of course jay didn't believe me at first but now...he is mixing in MJ songs as a tribute. (.......DJ's.)

It's so hard to believe he's dead. I always thought he would be the first man to be cryogenicly frozen.

Momiji
06-26-2009, 02:19 PM
Also, also, even though I'm saddened by Michael's death, the mourning Pedo Bear images crack me up.

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/3329/deluto.png

drotato
06-26-2009, 02:27 PM
Aww, poor Michael. His heart was just too big. ):

Jiro
06-26-2009, 03:17 PM
And I"ve always wondered, why do people only seem to speak of the good things a man did when he dies?

Look up the scene in FF VIII where they hear Seifer died. Explains your question right there.

It was one of those things, hearing it this morning. I knew it was true, but I wouldn't accept. Not MJ, no way. Yeah, today sucked. Two celebrity deaths confirmed, I heard of one more unconfirmed, and yeah, family too :(

blim
06-26-2009, 04:23 PM
Talented singer and dancer that he was, i'm not gonna mourn someone who behaved in the way he appears to have done.

theundeadhero
06-26-2009, 04:36 PM
I honestly would have bought tickets for a show if he came to Germany on his European tour.

Dreddz
06-26-2009, 05:18 PM
Sad to hear the news. Probably the greatest artist there ever was. And of course without MJ we wouldn't have Moonwalker on the Megadrive. The pinnacle of his career no doubt.

musashius
06-26-2009, 07:22 PM
As a person he was pretty sketchy. As an artist and performer, there's no one who could even compare to his significance. RIP

demondude
06-26-2009, 07:52 PM
The emergency call has been released, and the police are searching for the doctor.

scrumpleberry
06-26-2009, 10:23 PM
I think it was overwork and stress that might have triggered the cardiac arrest. I usually don't assume, but he probably was stressed out over his comeback tour.

This. If you can imagine the pressure on him at the time- jesus, most ordinary people wouldn't have been able to handle it, and he was physically quite a frail man.

Absolute legend, RIP :( Nothing to add that hasn't already been said.

black orb
06-26-2009, 11:26 PM
>>> The king died and no one can replace him, these are bad news indeed.
RIP MJ.

NeoCracker
06-26-2009, 11:31 PM
As a person he was pretty sketchy. As an artist and performer, there's no one who could even compare to his significance. RIP

I agree he was an amazing artist and preformer, but 'no one could even compare to his significance'? Chuck Berry, they artist who popularized the modern day format for songs (Verses and Chorus), Elvis Presley, The Beattles, and quite a few others.

Again, not saying he wasn't significant in the field he was in, but saying no one compared in his significance is kind of a silly statement.

Depression Moon
06-27-2009, 02:41 AM
Great guy watching his tribute On TVone that was made a few years back his Beat it performance was great! So many tried to imitate him.

Rocket Edge
06-27-2009, 05:15 PM
I'm really saddened by his passing. As much people said, he was probably the greatest artist of all time, and he was a terrific dancer. RIP MJ

Gwawr
06-28-2009, 10:38 PM
I actually heard about this while at a year 11 prom and just frankly didn't believe a word my students said. Then I came home and was all "......oh. Oops."

I had tickets for his tour, and would have been travelling to London for it. I'm very sad to see a man of his entertainment stature die, but I can't pretend I knew him personally. RIP though.

Depression Moon
07-01-2009, 05:44 PM
http://awkwardstar.wordpress.com/2009/06/27/jordan-chandler-admits-he-lied-about-michael-jackson/

"After the sudden death of Michael Jackson Evan Chandler tells the truth.
In 1993, Chandler told a psychiatrist and police that he and Jackson had engaged in sexual acts that included oral sex, the boy gave detailed description of Jackson’s genitals. The case was settled out of court for a reported $22 million, but the strain led Jackson to begin taking painkillers. Eventually he became addicted.

Now maybe for the remorse of his death Chandler decides to tell us the truth. ” I never meant to lie and destroy Michael Jackson but my father made me to tell only lies. Now i can’t tell Michael how much i’m sorry and if he will forgive me ”.Evan Chandler was tape-recorded saying amongst other things, “If I go through with this, I win big-time. There’s no way I lose. I will get everything I want and they will be destroyed forever…"

Personally the reason why I do not believe that Jackson ever molested those children is due to the reaction of the parents.

If anyone ever hurt my children in anyway shape or form, they would end up dead, or in jail. I would not settle for any amount of money, yet the parents of these children just chose to settle without getting the justice their kids would have deserved.