PDA

View Full Version : My Sister's Keeper

Rye
06-26-2009, 02:24 AM
Who is going to see this movie?

It's based on one of my favorite books - in fact, the only book I actually really enjoyed from Jodi Picoult. It's really thoughtful and is the only book I've read that she didn't completely fumble on the ending.

I can't wait to watch it. I don't think I'll be able to watch it after work tomorrow, but I think I will on Saturday. :)

Meat Puppet
06-26-2009, 02:32 AM
After seeing Cameron Diaz promoting this film on The Tonight Show with Conan O’Brien, I thought I might like to see this film.

Rye
06-26-2009, 02:42 AM
I'm really interested in Abigail Breslin. She's my favorite young actresses, I feel like she'd do the role great justice.

Namelessfengir
06-26-2009, 02:43 AM
After seeing Cameron Diaz promoting this film on The Tonight Show with Conan O’Brien, I thought I might like to see this film.

thats what convinced me not to see this film.....

Miriel
06-26-2009, 09:21 AM
Hated the ending of the book. But I enjoyed most of what came before it.

I heard they changed the ending for the movie, and the trailer was lovely so I'm hopeful for the film even with the weird casting of Cameron Diaz as the Mom.

Rye
06-28-2009, 08:34 PM
The changed the ending. I hated it at first, because I'm fiercly loyal to book endings, but it actually rather suited it. I'm happy with it now, though I prefer the book ending.

Without spoiling, I cried at every single scene. The cinematography was absolutely gorgeous. Cameron Diaz actually did a really fantastic job as the mother - it was a weird choice, but a good one. My main criticism was that the didn't do the court scene better.

Surprisingly, it's one of the best movie I've seen in a while. I don't understand the reviews at all. [/I]

Shattered Dreamer
06-28-2009, 10:48 PM
This movie looks unbelievable depressing reckon I'll give it a miss.

drotato
06-28-2009, 11:59 PM
Grrrr, I want to see it sooo bad.
It totally seems like my kind of movie. I dunno why, but I'm really into all those depressing, sad, make you wanna cry movies. O:

Namelessfengir
06-29-2009, 02:27 AM
Grrrr, I want to see it sooo bad.
It totally seems like my kind of movie. I dunno why, but I'm really into all those depressing, sad, make you wanna cry movies. O:

thats why i cant go ill start laughing