PDA

View Full Version : A Story That Spans Dimensions

Depression Moon
06-27-2009, 03:29 AM
I was wondering if you all have some info about the story of Dissidia. The story is something that i would be very interested in learning about. Since the game features the main cast of each FF I wonder if they would detail on the back story of those characters. Finding a good story in a fighting game is tough, but Square is known to bring the story most of the time and I wouldn't want to be dissapointed about the oportunites given to them with this game. I probably won't play the game anytime soon after it releases, but I still wish for it to be the best it can.

What are your opinions?

Skyblade
06-27-2009, 05:56 AM
The story is about a war between two deities. Chaos, god of, well, chaos, and Cosmos, goddess of order. The two were equally matched for a long time, but Chaos somehow got the upper hand and began to overpower Chaos. Cosmos's remaining warriors, the ten greatest of her heroes, are pulled together to fight Chaos's minions. Each hero will have their own unique story, which will put them in a position not wholly unlike their original story (Terra, for example, will start out with a Slave Crown that bends her to Chaos's side, and will struggle with controlling her half-Esper side as her story continues). But don't fear, there will be plenty of interactions between the games, as heroes help each other out, villains plot together (and backstab each other, naturally), and the entire plot draws together for the clash with Chaos himself.

Not really sure how much character development we'll see, but we can hope.

Wolf Kanno
06-27-2009, 08:55 PM
There's quite a bit of character development but as Skyblade pointed out, get ready to watch a muted version of many of the characters personal stories. I've also heard SE cranked up the angst in the game so get ready to see WoL and Firionel act like Cloud and Squall. :roll2

The villains are easily the most interesting group though, their scenes with their massive egos and plotting is actually pretty awesome. They have way more going on as they "work together" so they can backstab each other later. Kuja and Ultemacia supposedly have some strong moments as well as Sephiroth and Golbez.

The heroes come off a bit boring except for Bartz and Zidane. Though Squall's is also quite amusing if a bit sappy towards the end. Its still amusing to see how well everyone gets along with each. The spike in Cloud<3Terra fan fiction has me wondering what goes on between those two.

Depression Moon
06-28-2009, 05:54 PM
It sounds like you know the whole story, how?

Also isn't Chaos the original villain, so where does Cosmos come from?

Skyblade
06-28-2009, 06:38 PM
Cosmos is the only original character in Dissidia.

And I know the story because the game has already been released in Japan.

Wolf Kanno
06-29-2009, 02:01 AM
It sounds like you know the whole story, how?

Also isn't Chaos the original villain, so where does Cosmos come from?

Its out in Japan and there are a few fansites that have been translating the script for each character. I've been trying my best to avoid reading the plot but... I've got a weak willpower when it comes to curiosity. :(

Still, I only know a few things here and there. I actually don't know how everyone's story ends except for Squall due to reading it for another thread.