PDA

View Full Version : sushi o tabemasu

Rye
06-27-2009, 05:03 AM
I decided to treat myself and I went to a really well-rated Japanese restuarant/sushi shop on the island. I don't eat any fish, so I tried some other things!

I had Chicken katsu, miso soup, and salad with ginger sauce. It was one of the best meals I've ever eaten. Next time, I might even try some kinds of sushi to see if there's ANY I like - though it's unlikely.

What is the best new food you've tried lately?

Momiji
06-27-2009, 05:19 AM
I decided to treat myself and I went to a really well-rated Japanese restuarant/sushi shop on the island. I don't eat any fish, so I tried some other things!

I had Chicken katsu, miso soup, and salad with ginger sauce. It was one of the best meals I've ever eaten. Next time, I might even try some kinds of sushi to see if there's ANY I like - though it's unlikely.

Get some unagi. Fantastic stuff.

I haven't really tried anything new lately. Sucks. >=(

The Summoner of Leviathan
06-27-2009, 05:24 AM

I don't eat any fish but I found that you can find some interesting maki that have either chicken or are vegetarian. There's one called a Phoenix Roll at this place I go to, it is like chicken and mushrooms and something else, then the maki is fried in tempura. So nummy~

Shoeberto
06-27-2009, 05:58 AM
A coworker of mine told me about an Indian place that I kinda want to try, but I basically forgot all about it until just now.

Largely I've been eating at familiar places or not really out at all. I'm pretty focused on a diet for this summer (it's a lot easier than trying to do it during school) so I try to pick carefully.

I haven't cared for the sushi that I've had.

rubah
06-27-2009, 06:16 AM
I had some sort of cucumber roll at the place in fayetteville. It was fun!

my life has been full of sandwiches, so I haven't tried very many new things, other than cooking for myself, I guess. That could have gone worse, btw!

Yar
06-27-2009, 06:17 AM
I went to Rally's last week but that's about it. :/

Vermachtnis
06-27-2009, 06:29 AM
I went to Pizza Hut and had one of those P'zone things. They were good. I've had that kind of food before but never at Pizza Hut. So it counts.

qwertysaur
06-27-2009, 06:33 AM
My sister made something today. I have no idea what it was, just a blop of stuff in a bowl that had too much salt in it. I think it was supposed to be pasta in a meat sauce. I ate it and it tasted like a blop tastes, a mix of everything that cancels each other out to get blandness. :/

Momiji
06-27-2009, 06:51 AM
My sister made something today. I have no idea what it was, just a blop of stuff in a bowl that had too much salt in it. I think it was supposed to be pasta in a meat sauce. I ate it and it tasted like a blop tastes, a mix of everything that cancels each other out to get blandness. :/

I'm going to spend the rest of the weekend trying to imagine what a 'blop' tastes like. :lol:

Miriel
06-27-2009, 07:12 AM
Just so you know, raw fish tastes completely different from cooked fish. If you don't like cooked fish, don't rule out sushi cause it's worlds apart.

I had Afghan food for the first time last week.

fire_of_avalon
06-29-2009, 01:29 PM
Miriel is way 100% correct. I hate most cooked fish, especially any kind of white fish, but I looooove sushi. It's amazing food.

What's Afghan food like, Miriel?! I want to know. I have very little experience with Middle Eastern and African foods.

I have tried nothing new lately! I'm boring.

Unbreakable Will
06-29-2009, 02:10 PM
Well it's actually been a while since I've had something 'new' but the first thing that comes to mind are these little crab things that Nikki made me try at a chinese restaurant a while back. It was pretty damn good too :D