PDA

View Full Version : Why I love Mortal Kombat: Annihilation

ReloadPsi
06-27-2009, 03:08 PM
Mortal Kombat: Annihilation sucks in every way with its idiotic script, lame acting and ridiculous fight choreography. So why do I like it?

Because the film is never boring. It's incredibly stupid, full of dialogue that's way funnier than was intended to be, action that barely makes any sense (not to mention half the fight scenes are with characters whose names are never even mentioned until the end credits, and good luck figuring out who they were even talking about if you've not played the games) and some really bad effects. The production values on the film are... actually... kinda good. There's a lot of attention to detail that's gone into it, it's just too bad the detail is usually ridiculous.

My favourite line at the moment:

My squads have already claimed thousands of innocent souls on earth!

And who can forget: Shinnok (never identified on screen as such, but it's him) demanding to know if Shao Kahn has destroyed Rayden yet, and before answering he somersaults down the stairs for no particular reason. Oh, and Shinnok turning into a rubix cube at the end.

Anyone else care to share their views?

P.S. Listen to the attachment. Go on, listen.

Parker
06-27-2009, 03:16 PM
Is that you reading that or actually from the movie? If the latter, that's hilarious.

ljkkjlcm9
06-27-2009, 03:55 PM
Johnny Cage dieing = win!
and the music is pretty awesome

THE JACKAL

Shoeberto
06-27-2009, 04:25 PM
The thing that I could never get over, even as a young kid who LOVED the first movie, was how ridiculous and stupid the whole "hamster ball through the center of the earth" thing was. I mean... what was the point? Who thinks of this kind of stuff?

Also, the Animalities at the end had some of the worst CG ever. Just... ugh.

I still like the first one a lot though. If you want to dispute that it's awesome, just remember: Johnny Cage kills Goro by punching him in the balls.

Sephex
06-27-2009, 05:42 PM
Oh man, I love that movie because it's sooo bad. I think they are making a third one. I'm going to see it in the theaters. I can't wait!

LunarWeaver
06-27-2009, 07:05 PM
Sonya vs. Mileena! FIGHT. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HbNLiR1trY) Oh, goddamn :'D

ReloadPsi
06-27-2009, 07:07 PM
Sonya vs. Mileena! FIGHT. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HbNLiR1trY) Oh, goddamn :'D

Or "Sonya vs. You Wish", as the Nostalgia Critic would have you believe :P

Wolf Kanno
06-27-2009, 09:01 PM
I got into fights with my manager about this one cause we had a disagreement on Sonya. Sonya in the first film is a tough as nails, built like a special forces member BIATCH! I loved her. MK2 has a mousy aerobic instructor who is cute but looks terribly out of place in the film.

He liked MK2 better cause he loved seeing her ass. :roll2

My personal favorite is watching Sub-Zero 2 fight Scorpion for no damn reason and then the two never show up again despite being huge fan favorites in the series. :p

theundeadhero
06-27-2009, 10:33 PM
I have never seen this movie. I think I should fix that.

nik0tine
06-30-2009, 05:45 AM
Is that you reading that or actually from the movie? If the latter, that's hilarious.
Somebody please answer this question.

Jessweeee♪
06-30-2009, 06:17 AM
YES I LOVE THIS MOVIE xD

When I was a kid, I didn't see it's faults at all, but now that I do I still love it because it is that awesome. Especially all of the unnecessary flips and somersaults. I suggest we watch this for EoFF Cinema.

Somebody please answer this question.

He's reading it, but you can barely tell the difference.

Fuzakeru
06-30-2009, 07:03 AM
Oh man..... oh man oh man.

I loved this movie so much when it came out. The final fight was sooooo poorly done!

I liked the first one cause... well, I actually thought the first one was alright. n_n Sonya was HOT.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-30-2009, 07:37 AM
It seemed jarring that the first movie had excellent production values and was wildly successful, and then, just two years later, the sequel had sets, costumes, and special effects that looked like they belonged on daytime television.

toobad.mp3

BEEP BEEP SINDEL IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE THIS CUTE

Big D
06-30-2009, 08:22 AM
I've seen this film, or most of it. Same goes for the first one.
It's a pity that one of Irina Pantaeva's few English-language roles had to be in such an unspeakably bad (if entertaining) film.

Jessweeee♪
06-30-2009, 06:30 PM
It seemed jarring that the first movie had excellent production values and was wildly successful, and then, just two years later, the sequel had sets, costumes, and special effects that looked like they belonged on daytime television.

toobad.mp3

BEEP BEEP SINDEL IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE THIS CUTE

I can't do a froggy old lady voice :(