PDA

View Full Version : Hard as Heck

Omni-Odin
06-28-2009, 08:32 AM
This is like the hardest Final Fantasy? I've taken a long, healthy break from the Final Fantasy Series, and I've beaten all of them (including Tactics) except for IV and V, but this game just frustrates the hell out of me and I can't even get to the second world. I may be rusty, but the last time I remember dying this much was my first run of the final dungeon in the original FF.

Anyone agree?
P.S. I am playing on Anthology
P.P.S. This is like my first new thread in like years. Exciting being back in the game!!!

Necronopticous
06-28-2009, 09:14 AM
Use better classes.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-28-2009, 09:51 AM
Yeah, mastering classes isn't so important that you can't switch around to whatever's most advantageous for a specific boss battle, for example.

Wolf Kanno
06-28-2009, 10:04 AM
It is tough though I feel IV is a bit harder since it literally throws you to the wolves with a party set-up that seems to be crap at first...

I'd play with the job classes more and make sure you build something balanced. Though there are battles where transforming everyone to a single class is the best way to get out of a battle. Also, don't overlook classes like Bard and Dancer, they smurfing rock in this game. Play with class combinations and play with the equipment a bit.

P.S. Why the hell are you not playing the superior GBA version? ;)

Jowy
06-28-2009, 02:12 PM
Most of the bosses have some glaring weakness that you'd never think to use, which completely trivialize the difficulty. Think outside of the box.

Atomos can be put to sleep. Level 5 Death works on Twintania.

To name a few.

Omni-Odin
06-29-2009, 06:14 AM
P.S. Why the hell are you not playing the superior GBA version? ;)

Ya I just really can't stand hand held systems. Maybe if the next hand held was made with a huge 20" projector on it, I could play it, but they just hurt my eyes. :p I know it's ridiculous, but hey lol

Wolf Kanno
06-29-2009, 06:19 AM
Its cool. Hope you're enjoying the game despite the steep learning curve.

nik0tine
07-02-2009, 08:16 AM
FFIV is way harder. You choose an action for your characters and then wait for five minutes getting pulverized by enemies before they actually take any action.

Markus. D
07-07-2009, 02:59 AM
FFIV is way harder. You choose an action for your characters and then wait for five minutes getting pulverized by enemies before they actually take any action.

and then you put the metre in the reverse direction...

Marshall Banana
07-07-2009, 03:48 AM
Use Blue Mages!

Shroober
08-20-2009, 05:16 AM
The game wasnt very hard for me my first run of the game suprisingly. Then I patched the hard mod on... all I have to say is WOW!!!

Crimson
08-20-2009, 06:05 AM
I dont know what game your playing but for me FFV was a joke, the final boss never even got to use his special attack *wont say for spoilers* because he went down so FAST.

Great game, way too easy.

Btw, FFIII DS beats both FFIV and FFV at difficulty.

Just to clarify, what job classes are you using?

Rebellious Eagle
08-20-2009, 03:57 PM
The game isn't hard per se, but I do find that leveling up is really a challenge. I'm at the end of the game and my team is only level 40 or so. :/

Crimson
08-21-2009, 01:06 AM
The game isn't hard per se, but I do find that leveling up is really a challenge. I'm at the end of the game and my team is only level 40 or so. :/

That's actually overleveled for FFV.

I was only 35+ when I took on the final boss and as I said, it was really easy.

Levels dont mean much in FFV, it's how you do your Job classes.

eestlinc
08-21-2009, 08:57 AM
you have to actually plan your job composition. if you don't then you'll have problems.

CelestialStarDust
08-29-2009, 09:10 AM

I couldn't get past level 56 or so,it was just so tedious.I did enjoy all the AP in the final dungeon though :D

And I rather enjoyed Anthology.Seeing the YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!pop up after every battle made me giggle.So did Faris' pirate talk.

black orb
08-31-2009, 10:18 PM
>>> FF5 is like the easiest Final Fantasy..
wanna play a hard FF? go for FF1..

Omni-Odin
09-29-2009, 01:59 AM
>>> FF5 is like the easiest Final Fantasy..
wanna play a hard FF? go for FF1..

Umm, take a look at my sig buddy. I have played FF1 and found it rather easy (on NES btw), but I'm the type of person who likes to level up early and as much as possible so....I don't know. I just found the middle of this game to be difficult. But I have since played all the way to the last world and am just getting leveled to go. Just haven't played in a little while.