PDA

View Full Version : Dissidia Arcade mode

SuperMillionaire
06-28-2009, 08:34 PM
In addition to the traditional story mode, for the Western release, the game will also have an Arcade mode, where the objective is simply to fight against a set number of opponents, similar to other fighting games like Soul Calibur and Street Fighter. That along with extra cameo characters, new abilities for playable characters, and more. I actually want to get the game just for the arcade mode alone.

Jessweeee♪
06-30-2009, 01:55 AM
OMG

sdm42393
07-01-2009, 04:09 AM
:)

Brennan
07-01-2009, 04:44 AM
I'm not surprised, ever since KH I believe, the states got SE games a bit better than the Japanese, but later, the Japanese got a version of the game that was better than ours. KHFM, anyone?

Skyblade
07-01-2009, 08:32 PM
So the characters get Fatalities now?:plotting:

Jessweeee♪
07-01-2009, 09:22 PM
I want to be a cactuar.

roen
07-03-2009, 01:33 PM
Silly you can only play as the ff characters and Catuar is a summon in this.

SuperMillionaire
08-28-2009, 03:44 AM
I'm not surprised, ever since KH I believe, the states got SE games a bit better than the Japanese, but later, the Japanese got a version of the game that was better than ours. KHFM, anyone?

Yes, that's true. I won't be surprised if they release Dissidia Final Fantasy International in Japan, combining English voices with Japanese text and subtitles.

I'd like to see more Street Fighter-style super combos in there.

EDIT: I just got the game and played the arcade mode, and what I noticed about it is that out of the five randonly-selected characters that you are put up against, the first three are heroes, the last two are villains, and the villains are a heck of a lot harder to defeat than the heroes are. I remember playing as Cloud, Terra, Cecil, and the Onion Knight, and losing to Golbez about six times before I finally defeated him. When you beat the Arcade Mode, you'll get rewards that you can use in Story Mode. ALL CHARACTERS (including villains but excluding the two secret characters) are playable in Arcade Mode; all RPG elements are removed from gameplay, and all characters' abilities are stripped down to the basics to balance the playing field.