PDA

View Full Version : Beer thread nao

ZeZipster
06-29-2009, 01:56 AM
I like PBR, but I drink bud lite so I don't feel fat. Whattaboutyou?

Araciel
06-29-2009, 01:57 AM
Damn right.

http://www.brandchannel.com/images/FeaturesProfile/197_profile_img1_labatts.jpg

Meat Puppet
06-29-2009, 02:08 AM
My favorite is a warm pint of Guinness, but there are others I enjoy cold. A while ago I went to a kind of beer festival, and I tasted a lot of beers that I liked, but they had weird Austrian or German names or something that I couldn’t even remember sober.

Oh of course and who could forget Skittlebräu

Leeza
06-29-2009, 02:14 AM
I'm drinking this at the moment. It's good. :cat:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2076/2170621748_cef0a63c0d.jpg?v=1205021630

Tama2
06-29-2009, 02:16 AM
Pabst is crap. Ugh. I guess to each their own. People say MGD is :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty, but I love it.

Shlup
06-29-2009, 02:16 AM
I don't like beer. It reminds me of being fifteen and I hated being fifteen.

Caraliz
06-29-2009, 02:31 AM
Heinekin! :D

Rye
06-29-2009, 03:04 AM
The only beer I can drink is Corona, and this kind of beer I tried that was oddly blueberry flavored. But I vastly prefer hard liquor. I need a chaser with Bud, but I can drink vodka without.

Rocket Edge
06-29-2009, 03:19 AM
Budweiser has been my beer of choice since I started drinking, but a bottle of Miller or Corona is just as nice on a hot day. :freak:

Madame Adequate
06-29-2009, 03:24 AM
Bud is good, but recently I've found Tyskie very enjoyable. Those crazy Poles!

rubah
06-29-2009, 05:17 AM
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww beer

Marshall Banana
06-29-2009, 05:18 AM
Root beer?

I Took the Red Pill
06-29-2009, 05:52 AM
If I'm going to get fairly cheap beer Labatt is my beer of choice. If I want to spend some dough, my favorite is Stella Artois; it is the nectar of the gods.

Blue Harvest
06-29-2009, 11:15 AM
Bud and Coors ftw :bigsmile:

Slothy
06-29-2009, 11:20 AM
Favourite beers would have to be Stella Artois, Guinness, and if I'm in the mood, Corona. I occasionally enjoy a Keith's India Pale Ale as well, but Stella is the only beer I keep around the house.

Garnie
06-29-2009, 11:26 AM
steela
fosters
carlsburg
grolsh

hate carling unless its ice cold

Heath
06-29-2009, 01:23 PM
I'm not a big drinker but I decided that since I'm in Yorkshire, I should probably try a few ales from the local breweries. Those ones tend to be smoother and more drinkable pints in many respects than a lot of the bigger brands. I'm not a big fan of alcohol in general, but I can appreciate a nice beer. I really don't like Budweiser though.

In fact, just yesterday I tried out the Golden Pippin produced by Copper Dragon Brewery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copper_Dragon_Brewery)

Shoeberto
06-29-2009, 01:50 PM
I really strongly dislike Bud Light. It tastes of ass.

I don't have much to compare it to, though. Other than it, I've only ever had Little Kings, Bud Select and I think it was called Old Milwaukee? The last one tasted good but I was fairly messed up by the time I drank it so idk, everyone else said it was horrible (it was the cheapest they could get). Little Kings and Bud Select were incredibly drinkable compared to anything I've had before, though I've only had one of each.

Oh, I did have a sip of one of my coworker's beer when I went out to a bar. I don't know what it was - it was out of the tap - but it was fairly thick and its foam tasted like coffee. I was pretty impressed.

I'm not really a big beer drinker though. I've yet to find one that makes me want to actually drink it just for the flavor.

Unbreakable Will
06-29-2009, 02:02 PM
With beer im partial to two, Budweiser Select, and a few of the Samuel Adams, whos names escape me at the moment.

With hard liquor I'm a vodka man, but if I'm feeling important I'll have some scotch :bounce:

Rye
06-29-2009, 02:16 PM
I really strongly dislike Bud Light. It tastes of ass.

I don't have much to compare it to, though. Other than it, I've only ever had Little Kings, Bud Select and I think it was called Old Milwaukee? The last one tasted good but I was fairly messed up by the time I drank it so idk, everyone else said it was horrible (it was the cheapest they could get). Little Kings and Bud Select were incredibly drinkable compared to anything I've had before, though I've only had one of each.

Oh, I did have a sip of one of my coworker's beer when I went out to a bar. I don't know what it was - it was out of the tap - but it was fairly thick and its foam tasted like coffee. I was pretty impressed.

I'm not really a big beer drinker though. I've yet to find one that makes me want to actually drink it just for the flavor.

That's my main problem with beer. I can't just drink it for the flavor, and since beer doesn't get me drunk very fast, I just don't bother with it.

A patron margarita on the other hand, is a bizarrely delicious thing.

Blue Harvest
06-29-2009, 02:22 PM
Unlike Rye, I drink beer for it's flavour rather than to get drunk.

Rye
06-29-2009, 02:29 PM
I CAN'T drink it for the flavor OR to get drunk though. xD It tastes bad to me! I just completely skip it over.

Blue Harvest
06-29-2009, 02:35 PM
I hated the taste at first but it grew on me.

Old Manus
06-29-2009, 03:13 PM
Lagers:
Heineken is my favourite even though it's expensive
Carlsberg
Stella Artois

Ales:
Abbot's
Worthington's
Titanic Velvet Curtain
Caledonian Raspberry Fool

Usually when I go to a bar, if I see a beer I've never tried before I try it out. It's good fun until you get a particularly rough one and you have to buy a different pint just to get rid of the aftertaste.

Quindiana Jones
06-29-2009, 03:23 PM
I'm not a fan of hop based drinks. And am especially not a fan of the :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty ones like Fosters, Stella, Bud etc. Good God. Real beers are always nice, but they're such a rarity that I never consider them in discussions such as these. Real beers are the ones you find in tiny pubs in the middle of nowhere, where the barman goes into the cellar to get you a pint of his father's own.

I'm like Manus in that if I see something I've never seen before, I'll probably try it.

I'm a bigger fan of spirit-ands. I don't care if they're girls drinks haha. Vodka and lemon tastes nice, and that's why I spend my money. Favourite alcoholic beverage? Jager and coke. And I'm especially smug because I've been drinking it since before it became all postery and popular.

Jojee
06-30-2009, 08:07 PM
What, good sir, is wrong with you? How can you <i>like</i> PBR!?? That's just... mind-boggling. xD PBR is the cheap, redneck/poor-college-kid beer that you get $3 pitchers for at bars. It's <i>terrible</i>.

The only beer I've liked (as opposed to tolerated or hated) is Leinenkrugel's (sp?) Fireside Nut Brown. Which is seasonal. :3

Darkswordofchaos
06-30-2009, 08:13 PM
personaly i hate beer and can never get past the first one without getting sick. Like i always say liqour is quicker. Id really rather have an assortment of drugs.

Jess
06-30-2009, 08:26 PM
my first choice in a pub is always Carlsberg. If they sell carlsberg, thats what I'm having! :jess:

If they don't serve it, I'll go for Stella Artois, Carling or Peroni. Whatever they have and I fancy at the time.

Fuzakeru
06-30-2009, 08:38 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/Fuzakeru/BeerParty.jpg

This. And that's my van behind those bottles too.

eestlinc
07-01-2009, 04:42 AM
I live in Seattle where bars include bud light on the beer menu as a joke.

Brennan
07-01-2009, 04:48 AM
Natural, Coors, Busch, Miller, and Bud Light all taste the same to me.
Go low standards!