PDA

View Full Version : What free agents do you hire?

Lone Wolf Leonhart
06-29-2009, 10:26 PM
Hello blitzball lovers,

What free agents do you hire to join your team? (This can include players from other teams too when their contracts are up)

I always hire Zev Ronso in Luca to play on my team, because he's a beast. (lol pun)

I also hire Wakka when he becomes available, and sometimes Biggs and Wedge because of their familiarity with the series.

Tavrobel
06-29-2009, 11:42 PM
Brother.

G13
06-30-2009, 01:35 AM
Rin.

FFIX Choco Boy
06-30-2009, 05:11 AM
Wakka, Brother, and Tidus are my front line players. The back is Miyu and Mifury, and Yuma Guado is my goalkeeper.

Skyblade
06-30-2009, 05:18 AM
I hire Rin, Brother, and Wakka. All other players are the original Aurochs.

I like plot-important players.

crazybayman
12-01-2009, 07:08 PM
Right now I'm going with the following:

Up front I have Tidus on left wing, Letty as my centreman and Wedge as my right winger.

Back on Defense I have Ropp on left defense and Jassu on right defense, with keepa as my big fat goalie. I'm only at Thunderplains, so I haven't had the chance to get Brother, Rin or Wakka. I don't think I will this time. I like keeping at least some of the original Aurochs. Early on Botta and Datto are completely useless, so they got axed. The rest have developed substantially, so I'll probably keep them.

And for some reason, demolishing the goers 11-0 never gets old.

Am I the only one who uses Ropp as a defender the whole way through?

Kyros
12-02-2009, 01:27 AM
Ropp, Brother, Miyu GOOD GAME I WIN EVERYTHING EVER, idk what my record for goals is in a game normally just hold the ball behind the goalie after a while =/

Mo-Nercy
02-08-2010, 06:48 AM
Early game, you could pick up Ropp for improved defense and Miyu or Kyou for better goalkeeping. Maybe even both, because Kyou isn't a bad defender either. Naida takes a few levels to get going, but she's well worth it. Brother won't become available until late game, so pick up Linna in Macalania Temple to tide you over. She comes with Nap Shot 3! You can't use it straight away (due to HP constraints), but when you can, you can pop her in the midfield and shoot as soon as you claim the ball. If you like her enough, you can keep her and put Brother in as a forward, but Datto develops well in later levels and probably should be the only Auroch you keep.

Sephiroth
02-08-2010, 07:15 AM
Wakka, Brother, Duren, Miyu.

Rye
02-08-2010, 09:16 AM
Brother and that person from the Calm Lands are MINE!

Jecht Shot
02-08-2010, 01:30 PM
First, I kept the original Aurochs intact. My free agents are:

Wakka for one. He's coach and captain of the Besaid Aurochs, brudda!

My other free agent is Vilucha, because she's from Besaid and its the Besaid Aurochs. Duh! Plus her clothes kinda match the team uniform. :tongue:

Besides the Gullwings, I can't remember who my free agents are in X-2. To be honest, blitzball is not as fun in X-2, and sphere break is the better mini-game in that one. I do remember that I wanted "Star Player" (aka Tidus) but I haven't unlocked the Abes yet.

qwertysaur
02-08-2010, 05:41 PM
YES. That lady is amazing for some reason. :p But I can't remember her name.

One playthrough the Al Bhed Psychs dropped their goalie Nimrook and got some random person instead so I snatched him. Then later they signed Wakka. :p It was really funny to play against him.

Other people I tend to use are Ropp and Kyou. :p

Karifean
02-08-2010, 06:02 PM
My team is made of free agents: Tidus, Neda, Brother, Nida, Wedge (what a beast!), Kyou (earlier on Miyu, later on Rumnic/Nimrook).

Sephiroth
02-08-2010, 07:10 PM

You mean Neda who owns a shop in the middle of the calm lands.

qwertysaur
02-08-2010, 09:11 PM

You mean Neda who owns a shop in the middle of the calm lands.
No, the other one who looks like the Chocobo Trainer person :p

Sephiroth
02-08-2010, 10:42 PM
No, the other one who looks like the Chocobo Trainer person :p

Ah, of course.

Mo-Nercy
02-09-2010, 04:06 AM
Well, if it's not Naida, it must be Svanda. I've never stuck with her for too long, but her stats may very well develop better. That's what I like about the Blitzball, the best team when everyone's Level 1 is not the best team for when everyone's Level 99.

Speaking of which, the other recruit you can sign in the Calm Lands (near Yojimbo's cave) is Durren. He deserves an honourable mention for having almost a 30 catch stat at Level 1. I know people like to try and grab Nimrook from the Psyches, but until Level 12-15 or so, Durren is much much much better.

But by the time you can get Durren, you'd probably already have Miyu.

TheSpoonyBard
02-10-2010, 10:35 AM
Durren's CA is 12 at Lv1. Nimrook is always the best at any given level but Durren comes within a point of him around Lv20 and stays there until Lv40. Durren's CA tops out at 30 at Lv50 and then falls back to 24 by the time he's Lv99.

Miyu is a much better choice.

The free agents I recruit are always Shaami, Kiyuri, Ropp and Naida.

Mo-Nercy
02-10-2010, 12:58 PM
Durren's CA is 12 at Lv1. Nimrook is always the best at any given level but Durren comes within a point of him around Lv20 and stays there until Lv40. Durren's CA tops out at 30 at Lv50 and then falls back to 24 by the time he's Lv99.

Miyu is a much better choice.

The free agents I recruit are always Shaami, Kiyuri, Ropp and Naida.
My bad. I knew it was something to do with 30 that made him special.

So I suppose the official ruling ought to be if for some reason you don't get Miyu at Moonflow (like some other team got to her first), then get Durren if Nimrook is still with the Psyches.

I mentioned this before, but Kyou is a decent goalie as well. Better than Miyu at later levels I believe. Ditto Wedge.

Lightening
02-11-2010, 06:30 PM
I didn't play much blitzball but I always made sure to get rid off Datto as soon as possible and get Nimrook when I got the airship.

Mo-Nercy
02-13-2010, 08:21 AM
I didn't play much blitzball but I always made sure to get rid off Datto as soon as possible and get Nimrook when I got the airship.
Datto is annoying at the beginning. He's not horrible, but the opposition goalie always seem to have the edge on him no matter what. But if you persist with him, teach him some skills, you'll find that he's one of the better forwards in the game. He develops blistering speed.

leader of mortals
02-14-2010, 05:09 PM
I normally get Wedge to be a forward, then give up on him when his shoot stat isn't good against anyone anymore. After this, I get Wakka.

I also get Ropp to be a defender, alongside Jassu.

Jamal is my catcher, when I reset after each league. If I am going for longer, I will keep Keepa.

And Brother makes an excellent Midfielder.

Crop
02-16-2010, 02:37 AM
I keep the original team. After watching them in the story, it would rip me apart to seperate them. Besides (or should I say, Besaids! No) I never lose a game.

blackmage_nuke
02-16-2010, 02:59 PM
I keep the original team and hire Wakka when he's available. I only play enough to get his sigil though.