PDA

View Full Version : Where'd All My Passion Go?

Evastio
06-30-2009, 02:14 AM
It's been a while since I've last been on EoFF. It's not only because of my busy real life, but it's also because I've seem to have lost my "desire" to be here. Yeah, I've been keeping up to date with all the news on EoFF, like me winning the most serious member Ciddie (about time one was invented) and Laddy stealing my weirdest member Ciddie, which I don't care about much for some reason anymore, like I would in the past. (realizes that EoFFers will just think of me as selfish since I'm only talking about news involving me.) Well, I also know about oddler's marriage and Micheal Jackson's death (okay, maybe the latter piece of news isn't really EoFF related).

Currently, I feel really weird. I feel like I'm De-Evastioizing. Well, what I mean by that is I'm losing all of my "defining" personality traits like my "too lazy to let it go" personality, as well as my tenseness and ardence. I guess it's a good thing in some ways since I won't be getting angry as much, or be feeling as stressed out all the time. At the same time though, I want to retain those traits because I feel like I need them, because without them I'll become like everyone else (I hope no one takes offense at me saying that) and I'll no longer feel unique. Without my passion I'll probably no longer be chasing buses anymore thinking I'll be able to reach them and get to my destination early/on time (which is really bad since not only will I be late more often, but I'll also lose my only source of excercise. Yeah, laugh at that all you want. I even make jokes about it myself so it won't offend me). I don't really know how to get back my drive though...

(realizes Staff and CKs are eyeing this thread right now ready to close it at any second, uh, no offense Staff and CKs)

So my topic is, what do you EoFFers do to get back your drive, or your desire to do things?

Meat Puppet
06-30-2009, 02:17 AM
I usually just smoke some crack.

qwertysaur
06-30-2009, 02:18 AM
It's OK to take a break every once in a while from things.

I like to listen to music that's energetic. I makes me hyper and then I go YEAH lets do this thingy then I get it done and eat a cookie.

Madame Adequate
06-30-2009, 02:19 AM
If I don't do things I'm powerfully afraid that Matron will give my bottom a sound thrashing :(

Rye
06-30-2009, 02:22 AM
Learning to let go is a sign of puberty ending. I learned that from HARRY POTTER. :bigsmile:

I get into serious depression funks if I don't keep myself constantly busy/learning/researching new things. In the past month, I've gone through an obsession with fish and creating an aquarium, an obession with puppies and learning how to care for one for next year when I buy one, an obsession with Vladimir Nabokov and his family, and obsession with finding perfect shades of red lipstick, an obsession with working out, and an obession with finding bars and lounges in southeast England.

Fuzakeru
06-30-2009, 02:23 AM
Maybe you're just reinventing yourself? Maybe you're just going through a period of changing perspectives? No matter what the deal is, you can never de-Evastio-lize. You'll always Evastio and that's unique in itself!

We tend to fall in to ( or place ourselves in ) social positions in communities or relationships and we begin to associate OURSELVES as that role but you can never not be you, no matter what changes. 'Silly'. 'Serious.' Whatever title you used to hold....

While my ex-fiance and myself were together, we were affectionately reffered to as Styles ( Stephie + Myles ). When we broke up I had to learn that I was never Styles. I was always Stephie and even single and doing different things and talking to new people... eh. I'm still Stephie.

Keep your chin up! You'll figure it out. I'll figure it out. Change is a learning experience so value what you get out of every second.

Sephex
06-30-2009, 02:33 AM
I just motivate myself through the power of DESTRUCITY!

http://www.spoonyexperiment.com/2009/05/21/atop-the-fourth-wall-warrior-1/?cp=all

Tavrobel
06-30-2009, 03:13 AM
This thread is a poorly and thinly veiled attempt at "I'm back."

QAC

I'm past the point where I do stuff only if I want to. I've come to the sad realization that :bou::bou::bou::bou:sux and that to get things done, you'll have to do it even when you don't want to. Suffice it to say, I do stuff when other people tell me to.

Renmiri
06-30-2009, 04:06 AM
Tav you are ready to get married! :p

Meh... Passion burns out, you need to recharge it every once in a while. Is ok to have a down period

Tavrobel
06-30-2009, 04:31 AM
Tav you are ready to get married! :p

If you find me a pretty girl, I'll provide my own burlap sack and razor wire. We'll have to split the cost of the shotgun.

rubah
06-30-2009, 05:57 AM
I work some engineering problems.

Jk. You don't have to stay passionate about the same things your whole life. Try things out

Rantz
06-30-2009, 09:07 AM
I just play some Robot Dinosaurs That Shoot Beams When They Roar (http://www.kongregate.com/games/I_smell/robot-dinosaurs-that-shoot-beams-when-they-roar).

oddler
06-30-2009, 12:04 PM
I feel like I'm De-Evastioizing.

You can wordify anything if you just verb it.

[B]It's OK to take a break every once in a while from things.

...:bou::bou::bou::bou:sux and... to get things done, you'll have to do it even when you don't want to.

I just play some Robot Dinosaurs That Shoot Beams When They Roar (http://www.kongregate.com/games/I_smell/robot-dinosaurs-that-shoot-beams-when-they-roar).

Yes, yes, and yes. Sometimes I like to cool down and not worry about what I "need" to do and sometimes I know that I really don't have a choice and that's it's better for me and everyone else to suck it up and get it done. And then sometimes I like to destroy machines by assuming the role of a jetpack-donning dinomutant. (Doing something totally unrelated until I miss what I was doing or get excited about it again.)

Laddy
06-30-2009, 02:31 PM
Aw...you can share my Ciddie, Evastio... =)

Goldenboko
06-30-2009, 03:19 PM
I usually just smoke some crack.

Yeah, basically.

Ah, the truth is unveiled.

Summery of my thoughts? Do :bou::bou::bou::bou: because you feel like it, but dun cry about it.

rubah
06-30-2009, 04:42 PM
technically he was gerunding it, oddler.

qwertysaur
06-30-2009, 04:49 PM
Goldenboko is evolving into a Jaded oldbie. :spin:

Goldenboko
06-30-2009, 04:58 PM

Or maybe there's just a bug up my ass lately. :bounce:

Shoeberto
06-30-2009, 04:59 PM
If I get bored with something, I take a step back until I want to do it again. If your desire for it doesn't come back even after an extended break, well, maybe it's not that important to you! Don't force yourself to come if you aren't feeling it anymore, basically.

Quindiana Jones
06-30-2009, 05:17 PM

You're just gonna plug this everywhere you go, aren't you? xD

Though I can hardly talk, it's how I greet people when I go on Omegle.

@Evastio: I do something else. I get bored of everything all the time. I'll often disappear from EoFF for weeks at a time. I mean, sure, I'll come back to check PMs and usernotes, but I only recently started getting active again (yes yes, mysteriously just before Ciddies ;)). I don't think people mind if you just leave. It may be worth just not EoFFing for a while, and doing something else. Preferably something that will remind you of EoFF and make you come back here, please. Like play FF, or catalogue photos of BoB or something.

Having said that, I'm a right miserable :bou::bou::bou::bou:, so it's probably better not to take my life advice. xD

qwertysaur
06-30-2009, 06:31 PM

catalyst :p

Loony BoB
07-01-2009, 11:01 AM
Just wait until you get to the point where you randomly think "I want to do something." and then go ahead with it. This is what I do at EoFF. I can be (relatively) idle for long periods and then suddenly get the urge to undertake a project and I do it until I lose the enthusiasm for it. Sometime something will jump-start your desire to be active again, sometimes it'll just come naturally. If it doesn't happen, so be it. But there is little point in trying to force it.

Heath
07-01-2009, 11:38 AM
As BoB said, I see little point in forcing something and I post at EoFF and do all the other things I do because I enjoy them, because I like being involved with them and because doing so makes me feel good. If the passion isn't there then I might get involved in a half-hearted way out of obligation, but that's rarely the case. If something loses a bit of shine, I'll back off for a short period of time and then return to it when I feel better able to commit to and enjoy it.

Agent Proto
07-01-2009, 11:41 AM
I feel the same way as you, Evastio. Though, I can't say that I lost my desire to be a "full-time" member like I was in the past. I was gradually falling out, and during the entire year of 2008, the passion I had was gone for EoFF, and I had my full attention on something else. Earlier this year that had to come to an end and one could say that I had nothing to be passionate about anymore. So at this point, I've decided that I'll try to return to EoFF. Turns out I'm just lurking more than I post, since I have no real desire to fully return since I was gone for a long time. I don't know, I just find it hard to find my place after being away. With the hosting to the Screen Name Tournaments gone over to Ouch!, there's nothing that I can do anymore... or is there? :D?

rubah
07-01-2009, 04:59 PM

catalyst :p

surely there's a better way to add a catalyst other than via suppository

Quindiana Jones
07-01-2009, 06:20 PM
Depends what you mean by better, rubah. More effificent? Yes, plenty. More fun? No.

Goldenboko
07-01-2009, 07:11 PM
Depends what you mean by better, rubah. More effificent? Yes, plenty. More fun? No.

Also less magnificent imho.

Quindiana Jones
07-01-2009, 07:35 PM
Absolutely.

Peegee
07-01-2009, 08:01 PM
I've been here for like 8 years. I need to re-invent the PG persona in order to keep it fresh (ie insipid). So I'll invent 'new' (annoying) PG memes . Otherwise I'll still be talking about wok batter. Though I do still ask people for their asl...

black orb
07-01-2009, 10:35 PM
I've seem to have lost my "desire" to be here.
>>> Play/re-play some FF/rpg and you`ll be posting here in no time..

It works for me..

Parker
07-01-2009, 11:41 PM
I disappear for about a year at a time, post terrible spam then leave again!!

It usually coincides with my periods of ultimate depression! ;-D

Zeromus_X
07-02-2009, 01:09 AM
Too much of anything and you'll get bored of it, imo. Just take a break and come back and see how you feel then.

Timekeeper
07-02-2009, 06:29 AM
I get into serious depression funks if I don't keep myself constantly busy/learning/researching new things.
This is EXACTLY what I do to keep 'sane' :D

Evastio
07-03-2009, 05:44 PM
Thank you Captain Obvious, but I think I made that apparent enough by saying

It's been a while since I've last been on EoFF.
and

(realizes Staff and CKs are eyeing this thread right now ready to close it at any second, uh, no offense Staff and CKs)
which is why I put a thread topic at the end of my post.

Also, you guys are sure it's okay for me to become lose my will to do stuff all of a sudden? I mean, that's like Momiji hating anime girls, Avarice-ness trash talking about her baby, or Sagensyg becoming all serious and bitter. I know those things aren't an impossibility, but they are quite drastic changes all the same.

...I guess my main reason I'm concerned about this is because I was wanting to run this EoFF event where I quiz people on how much they know certain EoFFers and willing participants would PM me questions about themselves. I thought right now would be a good time to run this since everyone would be having summer vacation. Although I can't help it if I'm not willing to do something anymore, I still feel bad about dropping what seemed to be a really fun idea. I've also been having a similar problem with thread ideas as well.

XxSephirothxX
07-03-2009, 05:54 PM
http://www.eyesonff.com/azar/advice-dog-steal-candy.png

Rye
07-03-2009, 06:01 PM
Thank you Captain Obvious, but I think I made that apparent enough by saying

It's been a while since I've last been on EoFF.
and

which is why I put a thread topic at the end of my post.

Also, you guys are sure it's okay for me to become lose my will to do stuff all of a sudden? I mean, that's like Momiji hating anime girls, Avarice-ness trash talking about her baby, or Sagensyg becoming all serious and bitter. I know those things aren't an impossibility, but they are quite drastic changes all the same.

...I guess my main reason I'm concerned about this is because I was wanting to run this EoFF event where I quiz people on how much they know certain EoFFers and willing participants would PM me questions about themselves. I thought right now would be a good time to run this since everyone would be having summer vacation. Although I can't help it if I'm not willing to do something anymore, I still feel bad about dropping what seemed to be a really fun idea. I've also been having a similar problem with thread ideas as well.

Evastio, it's okay to break out of character once and a while. You don't have to be parody of yourself. I mean, I definitely don't act like I do on EoFF every single minute or every single day. I have my quiet and shy days and moments. It's all good.

Tavrobel
07-03-2009, 07:15 PM
Thank you Captain Obvious, but I think I made that apparent enough by saying [stuff]

Yeah, and if you knew what QAC meant, you would have realized why I pointed it out, despite you saying something.

But since it's not instantly and plainly obvious for the likes of your frail little mind that I could think ahead of you, decide to ignore you anyways, and then show you up for the ignorant person that you are, I shall explain, in the most basic terms, why I lined up my post like I did.

QAC means "question answered; closed." That means that whatever inquiry the original poster/thread creator decided to make, the question has been sufficiently responded to by the general populace. Additionally, it may be used when the thread has no topic or is generally against forum rules; in this case, it is meant with sarcasm. You have already stated the realization that you have not posted in a long time, and yet you decided to create the thread in the first place, suspecting that the Staff would close it. The funny part is, is that "Staff" may also refer to "Site Staff" since you decided to also include the need to reference CKs as a separate entity.

Unfortunately, we do not close threads outside of SV and the Fortress of Solitude. As such, QAC, should be the last thing which should be posted in a closed thread with an answer. However, I responded to your inquiry after posting QAC. Clearly, I would not have closed the thread if I were on Forum Staff, and found a legitimate topic to answer to, even though I had "closed" the thread.

I wonder, do you really not think before you post something that tries to be insulting, or do you just think that no one will make fun of you for it?

Evastio, it's okay to break out of character once and a while. You don't have to be parody of yourself.

What? You mean that the internet isn't serious business? BLASPHEMER

Burtsplurt
07-03-2009, 07:39 PM
Yeah, and if you knew what QAC meant, you would have realized why I pointed it out

So it means something?! I thought you'd turned into a dyslexic duck. :love:

When I lose my desire to do anything, I tend to take a complete break - going somewhere else entirely is usually good. There's nothing better than travelling to refocus your thoughts, particularly if you go to somewhere very different to home. I even get back desires that I didn't have in the first place... like using a proper toilet.

As for EoFF, I have brief flurries of activity. I think people just move on. It's not a bad thing, I guess it just comes from having a more rounded life - you probably don't feel that you need it anymore. I'm the same, and it's quite a good feeling to just dip in and dip out as and when I feel like it.

Tavrobel
07-03-2009, 07:43 PM
No, other than leaving in a K, a C, and an F, and leaving out Q and A.

NeoTifa
07-03-2009, 09:24 PM
Bitch slap my mom and tell her to give me back my computer

Old Manus
07-03-2009, 10:05 PM
Tavrobel: nobody knows what QAC means

Evastio: disregard females, acquire currency

Leeza
07-03-2009, 11:36 PM
Thank you Captain Obvious, but I think I made that apparent enough by saying [stuff]

Yeah, and if you knew what QAC meant, you would have realized why I pointed it out, despite you saying something.

But since it's not instantly and plainly obvious for the likes of your frail little mind that I could think ahead of you, decide to ignore you anyways, and then show you up for the ignorant person that you are, I shall explain, in the most basic terms, why I lined up my post like I did.

QAC means "question answered; closed." That means that whatever inquiry the original poster/thread creator decided to make, the question has been sufficiently responded to by the general populace. Additionally, it may be used when the thread has no topic or is generally against forum rules; in this case, it is meant with sarcasm. You have already stated the realization that you have not posted in a long time, and yet you decided to create the thread in the first place, suspecting that the Staff would close it. The funny part is, is that "Staff" may also refer to "Site Staff" since you decided to also include the need to reference CKs as a separate entity.

Unfortunately, we do not close threads outside of SV and the Fortress of Solitude. As such, QAC, should be the last thing which should be posted in a closed thread with an answer. However, I responded to your inquiry after posting QAC. Clearly, I would not have closed the thread if I were on Forum Staff, and found a legitimate topic to answer to, even though I had "closed" the thread.

I wonder, do you really not think before you post something that tries to be insulting, or do you just think that no one will make fun of you for it?

Tav: Do NOT be a mod whore. This post was totally uncalled for and rude. Just because you have the word STAFF in your title does not give you permission to make such a post. If you have a problem with a member, use the warn button. And when you feel the need to insult someone again...just don't.

The funny part is, is that "Staff" may also refer to "Site Staff" since you decided to also include the need to reference CKs as a separate entity.
No, it may not refer to Site Staff at all.