PDA

View Full Version : Songs you like by bands you like

Lone Wolf Leonhart
06-30-2009, 05:33 PM
Because I want to confuse you when you read all of these threads.

EoFF, what are you favorite songs?

Bunny
06-30-2009, 07:12 PM
Music sucks and so do thread trends.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
07-01-2009, 01:33 AM
Music sucks and so do thread trends.

But that doesn't answer my question :(

Well, to be honest I don't really care. I just needed to make this thread to bring about full circle the failure.

Brennan
07-01-2009, 02:01 AM
Question! by System of a Down is catching my attention right now.

Kirobaito
07-01-2009, 02:20 AM
Must we restrict ourselves to bands? I always wonder at what point it became fashionable to talk of all musical acts as bands. Virtually all of my favorite artists are solo acts that will sometimes play with backup musicians - hardly bands, though.

In any case, my favorite song is "Thirsty Boots," written by Eric Andersen in response to the 1964 Freedom Summer voter registration drives in the segregated South. Eric does not have a voice, though, so my favorite rendition of it is John Denver's.

My other favorite songs include "A Man's a Man for a'That," a song written by the Scottish poet Robert Burns in 1795, and "The Mary Ellen Carter" by Stan Rogers.

Brennan
07-01-2009, 04:50 AM
"Thirsty Boots,"

Am I the only one who read that wrong?

Madame Adequate
07-01-2009, 04:52 AM
Regina Spektor. That is all.

Boney King
07-01-2009, 06:27 AM
These threads are gay.
please add something worthwhile or don't post, love eestlinc

rubah
07-01-2009, 06:35 AM
I think most people would consider bands and artists to be interchangable for this kind of discussion, kb :p

Jessweeee♪
07-01-2009, 07:50 PM
Boom Boom Satellites - Dub Me Crazy Ver 02 (Depth Charge Remix) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd6czZcG78w)

Shattered Dreamer
07-01-2009, 09:39 PM
All Or Nothing by Theory Of A Deadman great tune

G13
07-02-2009, 12:36 PM
Radar Love by Rubah!

redxiiii
07-02-2009, 01:11 PM
Lightspeed Champion-Midnight Surprise....glorious :)

Timekeeper
07-02-2009, 07:10 PM
Bite Hard - Franz Ferdinand

Sephex
07-02-2009, 07:31 PM
So all three threads were lined up in a row when I entered The Lounge. All I could think of is, "What have I done?!"

G13
07-02-2009, 08:12 PM
*Plays "What Have You Done Now" by Within Temptation*

Vice Nebulosa
07-03-2009, 07:49 PM
*Plays "What Have You Done Now" by Within Temptation*

Power to you, mate. ^_^ Although with that song, I find that it is either the "Extended Edition" or nothing. Keith Caputo more is more or less around to fill out Within Temptation's normally soprano-dominated vocal range, I gather, but he is very much a second-class singer in every respect when compared to Sharon den Adel.

Been on a bit of a Within Temptation kick of late, as well. "Stand My Ground" was going through my headphones for quite some time, which is an event of sorts. Currently listening to the highlights of the The Heart Everything and Black Symphony albums. "Hand of Sorrow" from the former and "Ouverture" from the latter are probably the best pieces of music, to my thinking, but I do have a fondness for the feeling of "overwhelming power" showcased in both versions of "The Howling" (the Black Symphony version of which begins in an entirely different key, and thus portrays an entirely different "shade" of power). Excellent stuff, that symphonic metal. :plotting:

Also, on a side note, does there happen to exist on these boards a "Now Playing" style of thread, in which music can be commented on simply on the basis that it is being listened to, rather than searching through the "songs you like by bands you hate/like/are-indifferent-to". I realize that not a lot of effort is required to find the appropriate thread, but I can be an exceedingly lazy individual at times. <_< >_>

Also, it is most definitely Magus time: :magus: Excellent! ^_^