PDA

View Full Version : Character Spotlight: Sephiroth

Unstoppable Pig
06-30-2009, 07:29 PM
He has long silver hair and he carries long sword Masamune and he is also good villain. Or can villain be good villain if he does bad things?

Well his hobbies include playing with long sword, hanging out with his mother, listening gospel music and he also likes to impale people with his sword and summon big rocks.

So what do you like about Sephiroth? I have never been Sephiroth fan boy but he is alright villain. He actually seems like threat and has backstory.But series have better villains like Kefka but lets not turn this into another Kefka vs Sephiroth or actually Kefka fanboys vs Sephiroth fanboys.

Skyblade
06-30-2009, 08:09 PM
Wow, on the Kefka front, I just got an idea of Kefka with all his godly powers being enhanced by Jenova cells, and that is scary. Let us hope those two never team up.

Anyway, I liked Sephiroth. I feel somewhat sorry that he never found out the truth about where he came from. The game might have been very different if he knew about Lucrecia and what Jenova really was. I also really liked him in Crisis Core (at least, as far as I've gotten so far). Seeing him as the hero really helps to expand his character. The Kalm flashback did part of that, but not enough.

Maybe he's not the best villain out there (and neither was Kefka, so there), but he was a dang good one.

black orb
06-30-2009, 08:51 PM
>>> Sephiroth is one of my top 3 fav FF villains..

FFIX Choco Boy
06-30-2009, 09:07 PM
Wow, on the Kefka front, I just got an idea of Kefka with all his godly powers being enhanced by Jenova cells, and that is scary. Let us hope those two never team up.

There's a Keferoth picture around somewhere on these forums, not sure where though, and I'm too lazy to bother looking for it.

MiloPro
07-01-2009, 04:43 PM
Sephiroth is my no. 1 chracter in the FF universe.

Depression Moon
07-01-2009, 05:49 PM
He's a Mama's boy.

BG-57
07-02-2009, 12:53 AM
Never cared much for him. He seemed pretty cold and impersonal even before he snapped. And then he has to go and kill my favorite character. And I don't care for the Sephiroth apologists' claim it was Jenova acting within him.

He is an effective villain in the sense that you love to hate him, but I prefer more sympathetic villains who do the wrong things but have at least some noble intentions.

The character design is great, matches his personality perfectly.

IronOcean
07-02-2009, 12:57 AM
i remeber playing 7 as a kid and loving him and wanting to find out more, i guess he is the reason i have played all of them i have

Melissaur
07-02-2009, 01:59 AM
Personally I like Genesis better

Skyblade
07-02-2009, 02:02 AM
Personally I like Genesis better

Why would you like Genesis? He's just a Sephiroth wannabe. Literally...:confused:

Melissaur
07-02-2009, 02:18 AM
Because almost everyone like Sephiroth, and I like to be different... And as a Final Fantasy Fangirl Genesis is hotter lol