PDA

View Full Version : Tennis

Rocket Edge
07-01-2009, 06:50 PM
Anyone watch or play Tennis here? Anyone following Wimbeldon this year? I've been a big fan of Tennis for about 2-3 years now, it gets very addictive looking at it. I've also decided to give playing it a shot so I'm gonna sign up to the town club. Lastly, Roger Federer is the man!

black orb
07-03-2009, 11:08 PM
>>> I like Prince of Tennis, close enough..

charliepanayi
07-04-2009, 07:20 PM
I hope Federer gets his record 15th Grand Slam tomorrow, the guy is a true great.

Rocket Edge
07-04-2009, 08:12 PM
Yeah very much so, and he will regain his #1 ranking if he does claim it. I like Andy Roddick, but Federer deserves to placed in the record books tomorrow.

I Took the Red Pill
07-04-2009, 08:14 PM
I'm so glad Roddick beat Murray. I can't stand that little twerp. Now I'm rooting for Roddick over Federer. Federer can suck my meat.

Breine
07-06-2009, 01:06 PM
I don't play Tennis, but I love watching it on TV. If I have the time I like to follow all the big Grand Slam tournaments.

Also, Denmark has a tennis "star", Caroline Wozniacki. She's no. 9 on the world list, so it's also interesting to follow her.

Psychotic
07-06-2009, 02:35 PM
Oh I didn't see we had a thread about this. I was hoping Roddick would beat Federer too and was pretty gutted he didn't. I always root for the underdog in tennis. :shobon:

Rebellious Eagle
07-06-2009, 08:27 PM
I was only watching the matches Federer was in, hehe. I must say, I was really happy when he won yesterday.
I also love to play tennis, although I'm not really that good.

krissy
07-12-2009, 06:02 PM
Oh I didn't see we had a thread about this. I was hoping Roddick would beat Federer too and was pretty gutted he didn't. I always root for the underdog in tennis. :shobon:

yeah it was upsetting that after such a good good game,
the winning point was an out

:(

drotato
07-12-2009, 07:00 PM
Tennis is rather entertaining. =D

sephireland
07-23-2009, 11:26 PM
Love tennis. Great to see Federer winning the French this year to complete the Grand Slam set and then to follow it up by winning Wimbledon, beating Sampras' record and reclaiming Number 1 is amazing. Still, I hope Nadal comes back soon. I love watching Nadal v Fed. Who will win the US Open? Would love Roddick to have a good run...

Namelessfengir
07-23-2009, 11:33 PM
old tennis was interesting but now they scream every time the ball comes near them... its like watching two jackasses play mortal combat and bitch at each other

sephireland
07-23-2009, 11:42 PM
old tennis was interesting but now they scream every time the ball comes near them... its like watching two jackasses play mortal combat and bitch at each other

:D can br frustrating and I know people hate when Sharapova screams too but I kinda like it when she does it :love:

Raistlin
07-24-2009, 02:22 AM
I play tennis occasionally. My dad's side of the family are big about tennis, both playing and watching. I don't play nearly as much, but I'm competent. I'll also watch tennis sometimes, but I don't really keep up with it.

Roger Federer is a badass, though.

Meat Puppet
07-24-2009, 06:59 AM
Not as boring as cricket but less exciting than boxing

Dolentrean
07-24-2009, 09:20 AM
I don't really watch tennis, but I play it from time to time, granted it has been awhile, so chances are I am rubbish by now.

DarkBahamut
07-24-2009, 05:51 PM
Not as boring as cricket but less exciting than boxing

CRICKET IS AWESOME!

Tennis is really fun to play. Watching it can be fun occasionally when they are two good players against each other, like Fed and Nadal.

Rocket Edge
07-24-2009, 07:12 PM
The US Open is wide open this year, but I probably favor Federer to go on and claim his 3rd Grand Slam of the year.

sephireland
07-24-2009, 07:54 PM
The US Open is wide open this year, but I probably favor Federer to go on and claim his 3rd Grand Slam of the year.

Just thinking if he does that and goes on to win the Aussie in January he'll have done the 4 slams consecutively :eek: You wouldn't put it past him. Must be favourite for the US Open the way he is playing.

The Captain
08-01-2009, 12:08 AM
I fully expecy Fed to be ready for the US Open but based on the way Roddick played him, I think he could be a real dark-horse as well.

Also, anyone know the latest on Nadal? I heard he was recovering, but haven't heard much of late.

Take care all.

sephireland
08-01-2009, 12:52 PM
I fully expecy Fed to be ready for the US Open but based on the way Roddick played him, I think he could be a real dark-horse as well.

Also, anyone know the latest on Nadal? I heard he was recovering, but haven't heard much of late.

Take care all.

Apparently he's hoping for an Aug 9th return. He's only been training for about 10 days though so he's not sure. One thing is for sure, he will be ready for the US Open.

BTW love the avatar. Firefly/Serenity RULES!!!!