PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Gaiden: The Four Warriors of Light(Nintendo DS)

Crossblades
07-02-2009, 02:55 AM
http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2009/341.html

The official website's countdown may only end next week, but courtesy of JUMP magazine, we already know that the game being teased by Square Enix is called Hikari no 4 Senshi (Four Warriors of Light): Final Fantasy Gaiden. The newest addition to the company's ever growing library of DS titles apparently will offer a classic take on everybody's favorite game genre complete with a "save the princess" story and traditional turn-based battle system. Equipment changes will be reflected by the respective character models.
Hikari no 4 Senshi: Final Fantasy Gaiden for DS will be available in Japan sometime this fall.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/Crossblades/ffg4wl1.jpg

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-02-2009, 02:59 AM
This is the first "Final Fantasy Gaiden" since the original Seiken Densetsu.

So, that's pretty neat, at least.

Skyblade
07-02-2009, 05:18 AM
Is this a remake of the original FFGaiden? Or an entirely new game? Probably new game, since it features four heroes, but I can hope.

And if it is a remake, does it give us hope for a remake (or rerelease) of Secret of Mana?

Vermachtnis
07-02-2009, 06:23 AM
It looks neat. I'm just a sucker for customizable characters.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-02-2009, 06:54 PM
Is this a remake of the original FFGaiden? Or an entirely new game? Probably new game, since it features four heroes, but I can hope.

It's a completely different game.

Depression Moon
07-02-2009, 08:29 PM
What's FFGaiden? sounds ninja like.

Skyblade
07-03-2009, 12:56 AM
What's FFGaiden? sounds ninja like.

FFGaiden was a game styled similar to the older Zelda games, released in the US as Final Fantasy Adventure. It was released... In the 1990s, I think? Shortly after we got the original FF here in the US.

Gaiden:
(a Japanese-language word often translated as "side story" or "tale") is used to refer to an anecdote or supplementary biography of a person. The term gaiden is commonly used in popular Japanese fiction to refer to a spin-off (canonical or otherwise) of a previously published work that is not officially considered a sequel nor a prequel. However, some gaiden are retold stories in the perspective of a different character, similar to that of a flashback.

Wolf Kanno
07-03-2009, 08:52 PM
I wonder if this is going to be a Gaiden story for FF1?

Its looks... ok. I can't really muster any opinion for it really.

killiancurse21
07-05-2009, 01:13 AM
Am I the only one who thought this was just going to be an FF1 remake until I actually read the thread? (Come on... "Hikari no 4 Senshi"?)

Fynn
07-06-2009, 08:49 AM
No Amano artwork? :(

sdm42393
07-08-2009, 03:18 AM
I uploaded the theme song if anyone is interested.
YouTube - Hikari no Yon Senshi: Final Fantasy Gaiden - Main Theme [DOWNLOAD LINK INCLUDED] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Yser0wUV-8)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-09-2009, 03:02 AM

Yoshida artwork is itself nothing to frown at.

Fynn
07-09-2009, 10:05 AM

Yoshida artwork is itself nothing to frown at.

I know, I know... But I was thinking that, since this has quite a bit to do with One, he could do some art... Yoshida's still great, though. At least he's not Nomura :D I'd hate to imagine what this game would look like if he handled the character designs...

Bastian
07-09-2009, 11:17 PM
YouTube - Hikari no Yon Senshi: Final Fantasy Gaiden - Main Theme [DOWNLOAD LINK INCLUDED] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Yser0wUV-8)

The clip says that the protagonist has to rescue Princess Sarah from Garland, kidnapped by a witch. Sounds like FF1 to me.

KentaRawr!
07-13-2009, 12:05 AM
Witches kidnapped no one. And besides that, everyone knows they only rescued Sarah because they needed a bridge to fill the plot hole as to how they got there. :p

Edit: Hey, maybe Amano will be the graphical designer. Eh? Eh?

Fynn
07-14-2009, 12:22 AM
Witches kidnapped no one. And besides that, everyone knows they only rescued Sarah because they needed a bridge to fill the plot hole as to how they got there. :p

No, he won't, sadly. They have Akihiko's artwork in the mag, so it's most probable that he'll be doing all of the artwork...

Wolf Kanno
07-14-2009, 02:29 AM

You're incorrect, they had to rescue her cause the king created a mass campaign to rescue his daughter who gets kidnapped every other month; which in turn is the only thing keeping the people from revolting, due to the king's incompetence. Garland wasn't asked by witches, he can't get past the Imp forest to talk to Matoya. ;)

Fynn
07-14-2009, 08:24 AM

You're incorrect, they had to rescue her cause the king created a mass campaign to rescue his daughter who gets kidnapped every other month; which in turn is the only thing keeping the people from revolting, due to the king's incompetence. Garland wasn't asked by witches, he can't get past the Imp forest to talk to Matoya. ;)

8-Bit Theatre FTW ;)

Bastian
07-16-2009, 11:34 PM
I am WAY more excited about this game than FF13 or FF14.

I can't believe it's 4-player! That makes it twice as awesome!

I wonder when NA will get a release?