PDA

View Full Version : bookmarks and video updates

Namelessfengir
07-02-2009, 06:31 AM
i updated my video drivers and now my bookmarks look like the attached. this happened on my last install too and im trying to figure out how to shrink the vertical distance between the separate bookmarks. im pretty sure that i can change the height in about.config but i dont know what to change

any ideas?

Rantz
07-02-2009, 10:58 AM
Just the bookmarks and no other menu items? If so, locate your profile's userChrome.css, which should be in:
[your user folder] -> AppData (hidden folder) -> Roaming -> Mozilla -> Firefox -> Profiles -> [your profile, probably the only folder here] -> chrome
Alternatively, just use the start menu to search for chrome and find the folder there.

If there's no userChrome.css there, copy the userChrome-example.css and rename it. Open the file in a text editor (e.g. Notepad) and append the following to it:

#bookmarksMenuPopup .bookmark-item {
font-size: 7pt !important;
margin: -2px 0 !important;
padding: 0 !important;
}

Save the file and restart Firefox.

You can change the font-size row or remove it to leave it as default if you wish, I just find decreasing it looks better when the items are that narrow. If you want to make the items more or less narrow, change the -2px on margin.

This is all assuming you run Firefox 3.x. The code will be a bit different for earlier versions.