PDA

View Full Version : EoFF Fantasy Football

Raistlin
07-03-2009, 12:53 AM
It's that time of year again. The league is set up and most people from last year have already signed up. Therefore, this thread is mostly just to notify the last couple of veterans of the league's existence and to see if there's any interest in a second EoFF league (which would contain 10-14 players; any open spaces will be filled in by people from the first league). And, of course, this is a general discussion thread for fantasy football and our league specifically.

People we still need for the first league (if they're no shows then we have some open spots): CD, RSL, and Spiff if he shows up soon enough. :p

So, who wants to play football? If there's some interest I'll start a second league (I will be in it, as well as some managers from the first league, so it will not just be a B league or filled with only newbies).

eestlinc
07-16-2009, 11:39 PM
i guess i should join at some point.

Raistlin
07-17-2009, 04:35 PM
If the league isn't full by this weekend (I think there's still a spot or two left), then it'll be open to the EoFF populace. If any veterans show up in the last couple of weeks before the draft, it's their own fault. :p

eestlinc
07-18-2009, 04:20 AM
I joined. One spot left.

CloudDragon
07-21-2009, 11:16 PM
Any spots left fellas?

Raistlin
07-21-2009, 11:17 PM
You just made it, CD. :p I'll PM you the info.

Ok, when CD joins the main league will now be filled.

Del Murder
07-22-2009, 12:20 AM
Sweet, CD joined.

Raistlin
08-05-2009, 04:29 AM
Ok, for you lazy bastards who haven't checked the league in a while, you should! First off, I brought forth the suggestion of a 6-team playoff, and the current tally of votes is something like 4-3 in favor, which is only a 50% response.

Secondly, we do need to settle on a draft date.

The Captain
08-05-2009, 08:27 AM
The date we currently have works well for my schedule actually.

Take care all.

Raistlin
08-05-2009, 02:48 PM
You realize, though, that if we keep the original draft date I randomly set up a couple of months ago, it would be a sign of the Apocalypse, right? So you might want to let me know in the league any dates/times that definitely don't work for you.

Del Murder
08-05-2009, 04:24 PM
I can probably make any time during reasonable daylight hours.

Raistlin
08-12-2009, 01:17 AM
Draft order time! I apologize for this being so late. So again I had my little sister draw names out of a basket to determine draft order.

1. KC Shufflers
2. Default Name
3. Oakland Enforcers
4. edczxcvbnm's Angels
5. Los Banditos
6. Carpieburgh Steelers
7. Metal Bubble Slimes
8. Gotta Catch 'Em All
9. Change This LATER
10. Turkey Ticklers
11. The StickyIckyGreens
12. 'Cro Salad
13. Fighting Combatants
14. Chocolate Elvises

Del Murder
08-12-2009, 02:25 AM
Sweet third. Now who is the third best player?

Raistlin
08-12-2009, 02:34 AM
Ricky Proehl?

The Captain
08-12-2009, 03:08 AM
I'm actually glad to pick second because I'll take whomever the Shufflers doesn't, probably between Turner and Peterson.

Take care all.

PeTeRL90
08-12-2009, 05:47 AM
Question about these. I've done the college basketball brackets with you guys since I joined like 5-6 years ago and notice it's always on Yahoo, which is fine by me.

But do you guys do your other fantasy sports on Yahoo too or ESPN? I'm just asking since I prefer ESPN over Yahoo.

Del Murder
08-12-2009, 05:49 AM
Always Yahoo.

Raistlin
08-12-2009, 01:04 PM
Yeah, Yahoo is standard for us. It's really good and most people have accounts already with it (including all the regulars that keep the leagues alive), so I'm not sure of any likelihood of switching.

Zell's Fists of Fury
08-20-2009, 09:08 PM
Memememememememeemememememe if I get left out again I'm going to throw up. Kick someone off I don't care. Nobody lets me in on this crap.

Raistlin
08-20-2009, 09:25 PM
Unfortunately this is two days before the draft date and we've been filled for weeks. If someone wants to voluntarily drop out for you, sure, but I'm not going to make anyone, especially considering you showed up near the start of the regular season.

If you wanted to take part, you had plenty of time throughout the summer since I first made the league in June. Coming in when the season is about to start is going to be too late.

Del Murder
08-20-2009, 11:10 PM
Dammit Spiff! Show up to the forums sometime in early July to ensure yourself a spot next time.

At least if Spiff doesn't join it means I won't have to lose to him some more.

Raistlin
08-22-2009, 11:44 PM
For people who still want to play, spuuky just set up a light-hearted second league with some... unusual scoring. Many of us from the first league have already joined, but I'm sure there will be room for others (and the more teams, the more hilarious trying to fill 3 RBs for every team will be). You can PM me for the info.

eestlinc
08-26-2009, 07:16 AM
i was so busy last week that for a moment I considered asking to drop out but I got over it and am glad I am in the league :D but the internet weirdness cost me a couple picks i wanted (but Matt Ryan was an ok consolation pick.)

RSL
08-27-2009, 06:28 PM
I have at the urging of my brother and sister, started up the league where it's usually half my family, half people from here. This is incredibly last minute because I absolutely did not want to play fantasy football. I wanted to just watch football without having to worry about random situations in games that shouldn't mean anything to me.

However, it is created, and it's probably gonna be small. I'm inviting anyone who wants to to join in.

league id: 752982
password: mikeandike

I haven't set any of the scoring or anything, or the draft date, but obviously it would have to be soon. Anyway, see ya.

Zell's Fists of Fury
09-07-2009, 04:55 AM
Man. Took me a while to get over Raist's textual tongue lashing. I did not know that my mother joined this board. Or that she plays Final Fantasy. Or Fantasy Football. Or anything fantasy for that matter. PS, where was that email you promised me last year?

Aaaaaaaaanywho. RSL I will join your happy little league. I'll probably be better that the other one anyway. And yeah.

EDIT: Seems RSL's league is donezo. DAMMIT.

Guess that's what I get for not giveing two :bou::bou::bou::bou:s about this place anymore.

Raistlin
09-13-2009, 08:25 PM
I wasn't aware I gave you a "tongue-lashing," simply explained that it was way too late. :p Did you give me an email address to bug you at last year? I posted on the league that anyone who knew how to get in contact with you should try to bug you, but I figured you wouldn't check EoFF.

Anyway, first football Sunday! Good luck everyone.

Zell's Fists of Fury
09-16-2009, 02:38 AM
Ok, I added your email to my address book. I'll be sure to shoot you an email next year. :p

eestlinc
09-20-2009, 08:36 PM
old-age dementia sets in on citizen raist.

drafting 14 out of 14 blows.

Raistlin
09-20-2009, 08:39 PM
Well that's my bad then. I forgot; I didn't think I had a current email for you.

But anyway, how about that Chris Johnson?

The Captain
09-22-2009, 06:13 AM
Good week for my teams. Steve Smith proves he can make the big catches when it counts and Pennington's INT's take away big points in bizarro land.

Take care all.

eestlinc
10-12-2009, 06:48 AM
my team sucks. Larry Johnson is a piece of crap.

Del Murder
10-12-2009, 04:23 PM
He switched places with Cedric Benson.

Raistlin
10-14-2009, 03:23 AM
Yeah Cedric Benson has had quite the resurgence this year. Unfortunately for me it looks like LaDanian Tomlinson may be done for good as a top RB (along with Larry Johnson). At least I have plenty of RB-depth, and Rice and Mendenhall have looked great.

Raistlin
01-04-2010, 09:10 PM
Congrats to Cz for winning the league. There were some strong playoff teams this year, so well deserved. And good job to everyone for making it another entertaining year.

Now it's time for the real playoffs!

Del Murder
01-04-2010, 10:33 PM
Anyone who scores 140 in week 15 then 130 in week 16 probably deserves to win. He was close to Cap in total points, I wonder if he was the points leader in the end too.

Raistlin
01-04-2010, 10:51 PM
My cursory calculations put him 8-9 points behind Cap'n still, which is pretty damn close.

I had a disappointing playoff run in RSL's league resulting in a 4th place finish, but at least Brees and Rivers carried me to a title in spuuky's crazy league.

The Captain
01-07-2010, 08:15 PM
With my Giants sucking for most of the season, fantasy was a nice substitute. Finishing first in one league and 2nd in two others isn't bad, especially considering that my rosters were very different in each, except for Steve Smith and Aaron Rodgers.

Thanks for a fun season. Now my goal is to make a serious run at baseball, having pushed Tony most of the year last year.

Take care all.