PDA

View Full Version : Thank you :)

Yngve Fjermestad
07-03-2009, 01:58 AM
Most of you won’t know, remember, or care. But I really do feel this needs to be said. More than anything, Eyes On Final Fantasy has shaped my life, amazing as it sounds, it really has. I’ve met some great people here, I was part of the community. For me it was never about the games, it was about the thrill of defiance, the joy of communication, and the people. EoFF has always been about the people, it’s all you loveable nerds, drama queens and Aaron Freeds alike. The spammers, the mods and the Raistlins.

It’s about the Kyono’s and the girl that’s sleeping next to me right now. During my short time legitimately at the forum, I had a massive connection to it and the people in it. Everything was more than just words, more than just little pieces of digital information, it was a home outside of the real world. It was a home that eventually became intertwined with the real world.

I’ve come to realise however, nothing ever really replaced you. Nothing can recapture the spark that I once had posting here. I don’t want to be unbanned, I don’t want to be a part of the community anymore. Today is basically the first time I am willing to admit that. I’m really sorry for all the :bou::bou::bou::bou: I’ve done over the years, well over the few months after I was banned anyways. I’ve left you alone for a long time now.

I joined on the first day of May, 2005. And by the time I was banned on the 8th of January 2006, I was the most overrated member on the forum. Well that’s what a lot of people said anyways. I suppose it must be true, I left no real lasting impact, once I was gone I was only remembered for another 6 or so months before I was washed away in the tides of forum history.

I forged a lot of friendships in those few months, it’s amazing to think that it was less than a year, even harder to think that I’ve been banned for more than three.

Basically, what I’m trying to say is; thank you. For everything you’ve done for me, for everyone you’ve let me meet, and for all the experiences you’ve let me have. Please don’t delete this post, do whatever you want with the account, I won’t touch it again.

Forever yours,

Primus Inter Pares

Leeza
07-03-2009, 02:01 AM
I won't delete the post, but I will close the thread...and re-ban you, of course. :cat: