PDA

View Full Version : First Time :o

Jiro
07-03-2009, 02:10 PM
Do you remember the first time you ever saw snow? For a lot of you, snow is a common occurrence. You see it every year, and it blocks your driveways and gets thrown at the back of your head.

But not for me. I live in northern Australia where it never snows. So, in 13 hours I fly south for winter on a school trip. It will be the first time I've ever seen snow and I'm excited :D

So tell me dear EoFF, what was your first time seeing snow like?
Feel free to share any other snow related stories to help my excitement.
Nobody will care because it's summer in the real world :(

Madame Adequate
07-03-2009, 02:14 PM
I don't recall the first time I ever saw snow because, as you say, it's reasonably regular here. Though it takes hilariously tiny quantities of it to bring this country to a halt :p

Also, you're going to Antarctica? O_o Edit: Derp, misread that, I thought you said the flight was 13 hours long :p

Timekeeper
07-03-2009, 02:16 PM
Nobody will care because it's summer in the real world :(

Well, I guess they're not in Kansas anymore are they.
*glares*

Avarice-ness
07-03-2009, 02:44 PM
I don't remember the first time I saw snow.

I was born in colorado and then moved to Wyoming until I was like 5, so I know I saw snow I just don't remember it.

The first time I remember seeing snow was prolly one of those freak snow storms we get in Texas.

The first time I remember seeing REAL snow, was when I would visit my dad when he lived in Minnesota.

Psychotic
07-03-2009, 02:46 PM
Probably that time when my snowman came to life and tried to kill me.

Timekeeper
07-03-2009, 02:47 PM
In actual reference to your question, I think the first time I saw snow would have been when I was 5 or 6 and we went skiing :D
I've been a fair few times.

Momiji
07-03-2009, 03:06 PM
Seeing that I was born in winter, probably a few days after I was born.

Rantz
07-03-2009, 03:59 PM
I was born the 28th of November, 1987 to a drug addict and a hooker. I remember everything from day one. Now, my mother didn't know she was pregnant until I just popped out one evening. She was walking back and forth along a street of Anchorage when I decided to move out of her uterus. Indeed, there was a big PLOP as I emerged and landed face first in the snow. My first thought was, "well, this is a kinda :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty place to be". My father was in Chicago knocking up other hookers at the time and I must assume he wouldn't think much of me if he knew of my existence. My mother, upon seeing me, guffawed contemptuously as loud as she could muster. She walked a few yards further, turned towards me and took aim. The kick she gave me sent me flying 20 yards, 30 yards, 40 yards and landing in a garbage dumpster, the garbage also covered in a 2ft layer of snow. I eventually pulled myself out of there and started walking towards the nearest bar. I asked a mean-looking guy to borrow his machete, which I used to cut off my naval cord at its base. Admittedly, I had a bit of trouble enunciating words in the beginning, but by the time I found a bar I managed to order a Guinness in just a few tries. I drank it slowly down while cursing my mother's name.

Snow raised me, man. Snow took me in and taught me what my parents wouldn't. Snow saved my life, and more importantly, my nose, during my first few moments of air-sustained life. Snow is my messiah.

Crimson
07-03-2009, 04:47 PM
Yeah, I was like 4 at the time, and I immediatly deducted that it was a potential weapon, what followed was a Santa with a bad eye.

Vermachtnis
07-03-2009, 04:49 PM
The earliest snow I can remember was when I was three. It was 91 and it was deep. A lot of fun though. I loved snow even back then.

Peegee
07-03-2009, 04:58 PM
I was 6 years old. I saw snow.

Interestingly any one of us who had traveled to China can see snow. So I don't see the big deal regardless.

Caraliz
07-03-2009, 10:31 PM
It's summer

oddler
07-04-2009, 01:11 AM
Believe it was back in good old '92 or '93, wading through about 3' of it (which is substantial but downright ridiculous when you're only 4-5' tall yourself) to my grandmother's house because our truck got stuck in the stuff and wouldn't budge with all of us hanging out in the bed. :choc2:

Meat Puppet
07-04-2009, 01:55 AM
I’ve only ever seen snow on the peaks of faraway mountains.

qwertysaur
07-04-2009, 01:56 AM
When I was a baby. :p

dodhungry
07-04-2009, 02:04 AM
Ive seen more ice storms than snow from where im from but the first time was when i was a weeee lad and we actually had like 2ft of it.

scrumpleberry
07-04-2009, 02:11 AM
I can't remember. Must have been my first winter I guess.

Kirobaito
07-04-2009, 03:03 AM
1994. We spent Thanksgiving vacation in Red River, New Mexico.

41-Inches-Wide
07-04-2009, 03:13 AM
Snow :(

Jessweeee♪
07-04-2009, 06:50 AM
I was six months old so I don't really remember. Now the first time I saw snow after moving to south Texas, that was awesome.

I Took the Red Pill
07-04-2009, 06:59 AM
I was born on December 10th in Central New York. Although I don't remember it, probably a couple hours after I was born.

The Last Oath
07-04-2009, 07:05 AM
I dont think it snows anywhere in Australia except for the Snowy Mountains. I live in Perth and i've never seen snow.

The Summoner of Leviathan
07-04-2009, 07:59 AM
I'm from Canada, what else would I see?

Fonzie
07-04-2009, 08:28 AM
Snowed here in December of last year.

It fucking blew my mind.

My mind.

Blue Harvest
07-04-2009, 10:32 AM
Britain very rarely gets snow, but even so I still don't remember the first time I saw it.

Mirage
07-04-2009, 06:20 PM
I don't remember a single winter without snow. I wish I could though, cause I hate that crap.

Zeromus_X
07-05-2009, 04:19 AM
I remember a long time a go, it snowed just a little bit (like the kind that melts as soon as it hits the ground). I don't remember the exact age, but I was pretty young. It was a big deal because it pretty much never snows in Phoenix.

Otherwise, for real snow, I've been to Flagstaff during the winter a few times. Putting on more layers of clothes was pretty awkward. It was pretty nice but not something I'd want to live in, I'd take the heat over it any day.

eestlinc
07-05-2009, 04:31 AM
i don't remember my first snow, which was semi-infrequent in Georgia growing up. But I do remember getting my foot stuck in a snow pile when I was 5. And I remember my first "big" snow when I was in high school and we got about 7 inches.

Jiro
07-05-2009, 09:27 AM
I dont think it snows anywhere in Australia except for the Snowy Mountains. I live in Perth and i've never seen snow.

I'm in Victoria now so if this ain't snow then I dunno what's happening :confused:

EDIT: My first view of snow was on top of a faraway mountain, the next was on top of a blue subaru. Snow hurts when it hits you in the face, otherwise it's pretty cool. Skiing hurts though :D

Laddy
07-05-2009, 04:38 PM
It snowed maybe six times in my lifetime. It's pretty, but us Southerners aren't used to it. =) I was 3 when I saw it first.

rubah
07-05-2009, 07:05 PM
There's a picture of me all bundled up in coveralls when we still lived in the trailer, so. . . probably winter 1990? anyways, my dad had attached my blue sled to his motorcycle and pulled me around in it. At least, that's what the picture show. I don't really remember the first time I "saw" snow so that I could remember, but everytime it snowed was always really special for me.

NeoTifa
07-06-2009, 12:54 AM
Damn, I thought this thread was about sex. *is dissapointed*

Caraliz
07-06-2009, 01:00 AM
I dont want to think about neotifa having sex =(

Aerith's Knight
07-06-2009, 01:15 AM
Hypothetical situations don't scare me.

And I can't remember, but I was told I was around 2 years old.

NeoTifa
07-06-2009, 02:20 AM
Ummm, considering that I was born 4 days after Christmas....

Oh, and Dennis.... FUCK YOU!!!!

Roogle
07-06-2009, 03:09 AM
I didn't know that it snowed in any part of Australia. Is it a rare occurrence?

the AJman
07-06-2009, 03:18 AM
I can't remember the first time I saw snow, I live somewhere where we have snow for about five months out of the year. So snow is a bit less special where I live, hell not even half way through winter everyone in my town is already sick of it.

Slade
07-06-2009, 10:46 AM
The first and only time I ever experienced snow was around 5 or 6 years back. It actually snowed at my house. At the time I was still living at home and we lived out in the sticks about an hour from civilized conversation. Anyhow, it got extra cold that day (on a side note my sisters had to play netball in said cold, bwaha!) and began to snow. It snowed all day and the it honestly looked like a Christmas card. We did all the normal snow stuff like snowball fights (which actually hurt if you pack the snow too much) a snowman and snow angels. We weren't near any hills so we couldn't toboggan :( Truly an epic day for man kind! The only downside is that the snow managed to knock out our power for the night. Apparently it'd caused a branch from a tree to snap and land on the powerlines :mad:

Jiro
07-06-2009, 12:17 PM
I didn't know that it snowed in any part of Australia. Is it a rare occurrence?

It snows in winter in the southern third of the country. Not so much rare, but not very widespread. Though I imagine it doesn't snow too much if we're having a warm winter.

Breine
07-06-2009, 12:57 PM
I live in Denmark, so it's always been around during winter.

fire_of_avalon
07-06-2009, 02:12 PM
There's just always been snow. I can't remember a winter without snow in WNC. The first snow I remember was the snow during my 2nd Christmas. I got a new blue coat.

The Space Pope
07-10-2009, 04:00 AM
Being cold-blooded, I do not like snow and I find it cruel when you human children celebrate snow days. For this, you shall be forever imprisoned in Tartarus. Or Detroit.